name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Ceres Dominates -The Dwarf Planet Rules for Valentine's Day

Follow Me

Friday, February 13, 2015

Ceres Dominates -The Dwarf Planet Rules for Valentine's Day



Ceres, the former asteroid reclassified as a dwarf planet in 2006, is presiding over and ruling the action for Valentine's Day this coming weekend. In a week where the only other major astrological activity going on was Mercury resuming direct motion on February 11th, Ceres became the key player.

Ceres is currently in the sign of Capricorn, and this placement has a tendency to align our self-worth with our latest accomplishments, but on February 12th it squared Uranus in Aries. This could have definitely triggered a rebellious attitude in this area and a strong desire for change.

What exactly does Ceres represent astrologically? In her groundbreaking book Asteroid Goddesses written in 1984, Demetra George said:

"Ceres describes the ways in which we face the issues of self-worth and self-esteem, relationships to our parents and children, attachment, dependency, loss and separation, rejection, grief, sharing, work and productivity."

She also says that the multitude of psychological traits Ceres governs make it impossible to rule just one sign. As the ruler of Cancer, Ceres addresses the issues of how we give and receive nurturance, develop feelings of self-worth, how we provide and care for others and how we respond neurotically if these needs are not met. Ceres also rules the Taurus-Scorpio polarity, which involves lessons of attachment and aversion, the pathology of loss and rejection, the capacity for grief and sorrow and the principle of sharing. And finally, Ceres' rulership of Virgo addresses the issues of productivity, growth, self-reliance and work. I don't know about you, but I think that calling Ceres a dwarf planet is kind of a misnomer with her workload!

Ceres was once thought to be part of Pluto and on February 15th, Ceres will conjunct Pluto in 15 degrees of Capricorn. How is this aspect going to play out? For starters, it will demand that we release goals and attachments that no longer serve us. We will also need to accept that our fear of loss might very well represent a necessary death on some level which precedes a rebirth.

Ceres is becoming a major player in the ongoing Uranus Pluto square, which will be exact on March 17, 2015 in 15 degrees of Aries and Capricorn. But many of us are already feeling its effects now, especially in the area of relationships. I don't think it is a cosmic accident that Ceres formed major aspects with both Uranus and Pluto around Valentine’s Day. It is preparing us for the final round of changes the last Uranus Pluto square will deliver. Changes in relationships are a huge issue for many folks these days.

Naturally, this prompted me to examine my own Ceres. I have Ceres in 27 degrees of Scorpio conjunct my natal Venus in the 2nd house and squaring my Pluto in Leo in the 11th house. I'm sure this placement has a lot to do with my love of harmony and beautiful things (Venus conjunct Ceres knows no bounds when it comes to self-nurturing through shopping), but it also explains my desire to nurture others, provide for them and be an agent of healing and transformation. Ceres squaring my natal Pluto is not so easy to deal with, however. This is definitely where the power struggles and negotiations for nurturing comes from. It also contributes to my frequent inability to let go--I can be like Ceres negotiating with Pluto for Persephone!  But the positive side of Ceres squaring Pluto can be the ability to nurture others back to health and transform them through nurturing. I sense that my becoming a healer is a more constructive use of that aspect.

I also have Ceres trining my natal Uranus in Cancer, which has led me to pursue a path of spiritual growth in some rather unique ways. After all, I am an intuitive astrologer, psychic and Reiki healer. The other piece with Ceres trining Uranus is that it makes me cherish and appreciate the need for both intimacy and space in relationships.

I am also pondering how transiting Ceres in Capricorn will be affecting me during the Uranus Pluto square in March. It won't be in the middle degrees of Capricorn then; it will be closer to the end of Capricorn and conjunct my natal Chiron in the 4th house. I am no stranger to Chiron transits, having recently survived Chiron's long-term square to my moon, which was not exactly a day at the beach, despite the waterworks it triggered.  But it did manage to achieve a great deal of emotional healing. Hopefully, this upcoming transit will require a less painful form of surrender for any more healing to occur.


I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day by engaging my Ceres with a special Valentine's Day promotion. During the month of February to celebrate Valentine’s Day and Venus being exalted in Pisces, I am offering a 20% discount on my Healing Your Love Karma and Composite Couples reports.  You can learn more about this special offer at:


 You can also read about my other astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:









































During the month of February to celebrate Valentine’s Day and Venus being exalted in Pisces, I am offering a 20% discount on my Healing Your Love Karma and Composite Couples reports.  You can learn more about this special offer at:


You can also read about my other astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:

No comments:

Post a Comment