name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Whole Lotta Earth Energy as Mars Enters Taurus and a Full Moon in Virgo

Follow Me

Friday, March 10, 2017

A Whole Lotta Earth Energy as Mars Enters Taurus and a Full Moon in Virgo



The planetary ambience is taking on a whole new dimension these days as the element of earth joins the fire and water party.  We still have the sun, Mercury, Chiron and Neptune in Pisces, but the sun and Mercury will be leaving Pisces soon. Saturn is still in Sagittarius and Uranus remains in Aries, but Mars has officially left the sign of Aries.  It entered the earth sign of Taurus on March 9th, inspiring me to tweet:
Mars is not comfortable in Taurus because the slow, plodding, stubborn traits that describe Taurus are not a good fit for the action oriented planet of Mars.  Mars is much more comfortable in Aries and Scorpio, but perhaps on some level we should be grateful that Mars has left the impetuous, impulsive sign of Aries because it certainly stirred up a great deal of restless cardinal energy since it entered Aries on January 28th.  Mars in Taurus is much more cautious and measured.  It is literally in the game for the long haul but its slow and steady approach can still generate much anger and frustration nonetheless because it values the end result more than the process.  But what else can you expect from Taurus, which is ruled by Venus?  This also means that while Mars is transiting the sign of Taurus until April 20, 2017 that we may find ourselves more attracted to material goods and the finer things in life. 

On March 12, 2017 we have an extremely intense full moon in 22 degrees of Virgo.  This particular full moon involves two signs, the sun in Pisces and moon in Virgo, hat contain themes of service to others.  Our dreams and sense of spirituality (Pisces) are colliding with the practicality of the Virgo moon. If we are to make optimal use of this full moon energy, we need to work that Pisces sun to reflect on our dreams while paying attention to the details that Virgo is so renowned for.  A major theme of this full moon in Virgo is to achieve a sense of balance and get it right so that we can indeed manifest our dreams.

Ironically, Mars in Taurus will be helping us during this full moon because it will be trining the north node in Virgo and sextiling the south node in Pisces.  It is a stabilizing force with that Virgo moon and its easy, flowing aspects to the nodes of the moon supports us on our spiritual path to move forward and release what is no longer serving us. It is a boost of energy that kicks that karmic baggage to the curb.

There is more earth energy involved in this Virgo full moon.  It also forms a beautiful trine aspect to Pluto in Capricorn.  The trine to Pluto in Capricorn facilitates deep transformation by granting us access to deep reserves of power and strength that we may not have known we possessed. 

We also have some cardinal energy adding to the mix during the full moon.  The ongoing opposition between Jupiter in Libra and Uranus in Aries increases our desire for excitement and personal freedom.   So this will not be a dull full moon!

The Pisces planets also feature prominently in this full moon.  Besides the sun, Chiron and Mercury in Pisces get in on the act.  Chiron in 24 degrees of Pisces conjuncts the sun and opposes the moon in Virgo, reminding us not to let our emotions and old wounds get the best of us.  But Mercury in Pisces squaring off with Saturn in Sagittarius is also a key player in this full moon.  This aspect will definitely pose major challenges to communications and provide a big time reality check.  It can be a somewhat frustrating time, especially if we feel like we are running into brick walls, but the key to surviving and prospering as a result of this aspect is to give up our resistance.  Don’t ever forget that Pisces is all about surrender. We may not be able to control what is happening in the world these days, but we can adopt a policy of surrendering to it and trusting that we do have a choice and free will in terms of how we respond to certain situations.  Do we act out of fear and anxiety or do we respond with the courage to move forward?

This full moon in Virgo is falling in my 12th house and I am certainly hoping that I can have the courage to embrace the high spiritual road.   The moon will be sextiling my sun and retrograde Venus in Scorpio while the Pisces sun trines them.  But Mercury and Chiron in Pisces are also trining not only my sun and Venus in Scorpio, but also my Cancer midheaven and retrograde Uranus in Cancer. A highly emotional grand water trine.  It is still up for grabs as to how this will play out for me.  I have been known to have meltdowns on previous Virgo full moons, so I am trying to be mindful of the potential havoc it can wreak.  The 12th house can be an astrological wild card, so to speak.

The full moon in 22 degrees of Virgo will be forming an exact T- square to President Donald Trump’s sun in 22 degrees of Gemini.  With both the moon and sun squaring his natal sun, this could manifest in even more outrageous behavior and adopting the victim/martyr role on an even more elevated level.  The blame game could rise to unprecedented heights this coming weekend.

Mercury leaves the sign of Pisces and enters Aries on March 13, 2017.  The gloves will be off and communication takes on a more urgent, immediate gratification vibe.  No more sugar coating like with Mercury in Pisces.  Communication will be swift and direct.  And the next Mercury retrograde will feature Mercury in Aries for a portion of its duration.  Mercury will enter Taurus on April 1st, but will station retrograde in 4 degrees of Taurus on April 9th and re-enter Aries on April 29th during the Mercury retrograde transit.  Mercury will station direct in 24 degrees of Aries on May 3, 3017 and re-enter Taurus on May 16, 2017

If you are wondering how this full moon or the Venus Retrograde transit will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading with me.  I am currently offering a Venus Retrograde special for only $25.  Just email me at lindasim54@gmail.com and request the Venus Retrograde special.

Don’t forget to turn the clocks ahead this weekend as Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 12, 2017!


Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, The New Year, especially a Universal Year 1, is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will .even take a peek at the eclipses of 2017. We recently experienced the February eclipses, but the August eclipses promise to be heavy hitters.  You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have recently joined the International Center for Reiki Training Membership Association.

Please feel free to learn more about this wonderful organization at:

For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.

I also began seeing clients on Sunday afternoons in Coolidge Corner, Brookline for Reiki treatments on February 5, 2017.  I actually signed the paperwork on the office sublet on January 27th, the day of the new moon in Aquarius, and when I opened for business on February 5th, Venus was in Aries in my 6th house.  Talk about working that entrepreneurial spirit!   You can learn more about my expanded practice, including the hours and address at:


I have also launched an endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:








No comments:

Post a Comment