name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Sun Moves into Aquarius and a Total Lunar Eclipse in Leo

Follow Me

Friday, January 18, 2019

The Sun Moves into Aquarius and a Total Lunar Eclipse in Leo





The sun will be entering the sign of Aquarius on January 20, 2019, and for many of us, that’s not a moment too soon.  We need a bit of a break from all that Capricorn energy that has contributed to the heaviness many of us have been experiencing so far in 2019.  Okay, Mercury, Saturn, Pluto and the south node are still in Capricorn, but at least the sun is moving out of Capricorn.

When the Sun is transiting the sign of Aquarius, freedom becomes more important to us as we strive to shed the restrictions, inhibitions and limitations that are associated with the sun in Capricorn.  The vibes of Aquarius include innovation, seeking knowledge, originality, new perspectives and finding new ways to do things. It is literally a breath of fresh air, which is apropos for Aquarius, the fixed air sign.  I know that the symbol of Aquarius is the Water Bearer, which is confusing for some people, who think that Aquarius is a water sign.  Nothing could be further from the truth. Air is mental energy and water is emotional energy.

The best way to make use of this Aquarius energy is to spend more time with friends and utilize that fixed energy to focus on making your dreams come true.  Since Aquarius is ruled by the planet Uranus, this is the perfect time to invest in electrical appliances, computers or cell phones.  It’s also an optimal time to bust out of our routines and let your freak flag fly by being more uninhibited and expressing your uniqueness.

Hopefully all of you have survived the first of the three Jupiter Neptune squares that 2019 features.  The first one occurred on January 13, 2019, inspiring me to tweet:
I was definitely feeling the effects of this aspect as it squared my Gemini moon in the 8th house and later that day I tweeted:
So the energy is getting really weird, n’est pas?  Now we are headed for the next eclipse of January 2019 and it is a doozy.  It’s a total Blood Moon Supermoon Lunar Eclipse in 0 degrees of Leo on January 21, 2019 on the east coast of the United States.  The west coast gets to experience it on January 20, 2019.  It’s called a supermoon eclipse because the moon is closer to the earth and will appear enormous with a blood red color.  It’s also the last in a series of Leo and Aquarius eclipses that began back in February 2017. I encourage all of you to think back to that time in your life because it should have marked a time of creative energy and a celebration of your individuality.  This eclipse in particular should be a time of endings and beginnings. 

Uranus in 28 degrees of Aries is a heavy hitter in this eclipse.  It’s really calling the shots because it is squaring the eclipse and this can manifest in mood swings, feelings of restlessness, lack of patience and impulsive behavior.  Uranus is also starting to form a wide square (7 degrees) to Pluto in Capricorn through early March 2019 before it moves into Taurus for the next seven years. Have you forgotten the seven exact squares that occurred between 2012 and 2015?  They were part of a larger Uranus Pluto cycle that began in the 1960’s when Uranus and Pluto were conjunct in Virgo.  Whenever Uranus and Pluto are in a challenging aspect, you can expect social transformation, political unrest and rebellion.  In the 1960’s civil rights and women’s liberation were byproducts of this aspect.   During this lunar eclipse Uranus is also squaring the north node in Cancer and the south node in Capricorn.   And Uranus also squares Mercury in Capricorn, which will undoubtedly result in more anxiety about our future, miscommunication, arguments and erratic behavior.

Mars in Aries is squaring Saturn in Capricorn in 13 degrees of their respective signs on the day of the eclipse.  Mars in Aries is literally the warrior and when it squares off with Saturn in Capricorn, there is bound to be some frustration as we feel like the brakes are being put on.  I have a natal Mars Saturn square, so I know firsthand that it can be downright uncomfortable.  With Mars squaring Saturn in cardinal signs on the day of the eclipse, we will be forced to take responsibility and face our fears head on.  The bright side of this rather challenging aspect is that Saturn in Capricorn can be quite disciplined and if we can find a way to constructively channel this energy it can be quite productive. 

It’s important to remember that the cardinal energy is very strong with this lunar eclipse, with Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Pluto and the nodes of the moon in cardinal signs. We can’t help but want to initiate some kind of change with this energy.  Cardinal signs are the movers and the shakers in the astrological landscape.

But there is a silver lining to this rather challenging lunar eclipse. Venus and Jupiter, aka the Greater Benefics, are conjunct on the day of the eclipse.  Venus is in 14 degrees of Sagittarius conjunct Jupiter in 15 degrees of Sagittarius.  This is a very favorable, fortuitous aspect that has a very spiritual dimension and can bring luck, abundance and success as it seeks to elevate our relationships and values.  If you have any planets in the mutable signs Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Virgo around 14 or 15 degrees, you should reap the benefits of this aspect.  Once again, I am in the astrological crossfire, but I am hoping that my Gemini moon in my 8th house gets a boost from this aspect.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the choice to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.









1 comment: