name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Solar Eclipse in Capricorn, Mercury and Venus Change Signs and Uranus Stations Direct

Follow Me

Friday, January 4, 2019

Solar Eclipse in Capricorn, Mercury and Venus Change Signs and Uranus Stations Direct




We have only just begun 2019, but it is off to a roaring start and the Capricorn energy is reaching its peak.  The theme of responsibility was really highlighted on January 2, 2019 when the Sun and Saturn were conjunct in 11 degrees of Capricorn.  On that day I tweeted:
On January 4, 2019, Mercury enters the sign of Capricorn, joining the Sun, Saturn and Pluto.  Mercury will remain in Capricorn until January 24, 2019.  When Mercury is in Capricorn, communication takes on a more sober, practical and focused tone.  We are more logical, organized, focused and methodical.  The holidays are definitely over and it is time to get down to business and adopt a no-nonsense approach.  Just be mindful not to get too pessimistic with your communications during this transit. Mars moved into Aries on New Year’s Eve and this provided huge boost of cardinal energy that added to the theme of wanting to get things accomplished.

But on January 5, 2019, we will experience the first eclipse of 2019, a partial solar eclipse in 15 degrees of Capricorn.  Solar eclipses usually indicate new beginnings, but since this is a south node eclipse (the south node of the moon is currently in Capricorn), don’t be surprised if you realize that something from your past needs to be released to initiate that new beginning. The eclipse is widely conjunct the south node in 26 degrees of Capricorn, which can raise issues of self-control, owning your shadow and release of structures that are no longer serving our highest good.  And there could definitely be news regarding abuse of power. One of the most important things to remember about a south node eclipse is that we do not have as much control over what happens as we do during a north node eclipse.  The pull of the past is a key factor during this eclipse and it may trigger some deep anger so be mindful of this and breathe before saying something you might regret. This solar eclipse is also conjunct Saturn in 11 degrees of Capricorn and Pluto in 20 degrees of Capricorn.

The conjunctions to the south node, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn only serve to magnify the intense energy of this eclipse.  It may technically be described as a partial eclipse, but trust me on this one, it will be a heavy hitter in the astrological landscape of 2019.  It will pack quite a punch. All of this Capricorn energy has themes of long-term goals, working hard and perseverance.  Rules, regulations, boundaries, ambitions and material achievements will all factor into this eclipse.  Capricorn is all about structure and hierarchy.  The conjunction to Saturn will be about control and consolidation while the conjunction to Pluto will have the theme of power.  Hopefully the conjunction to Pluto will lead to empowerment and not abuses of power.

This solar eclipse is also feeding into the energy of the Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn which will be exact in 22 degrees of Capricorn in January 2020.  2020 will be a pivotal year of change in the world, and that is not only because of the United States Presidential Election.  With any luck, this solar eclipse can provide some clear insights as to how we proceed into 2020.  It’s also important to examine where this eclipse is occurring in your chart.  For me, it is at the end of my third house, opposing my Cancer midheaven and squaring my Libra ascendant.  I will not be able to hide from it, that’s for sure.

While this may eclipse sound daunting and intimidating, we also have a secret weapon to give us the tools to cope with the changes that are being thrust upon us.  The solar eclipse in 15 degrees of Capricorn forms a supportive sextile to Neptune in 14 degrees of Pisces.  Neptune in Pisces has a strong theme of unconditional love and devotion to a cause so that our ego is dissolved.  The most enlightened use of this aspect is to use this energy to achieve our dreams by working hard and persevering.  That is the Saturn piece of this eclipse, which is indeed quite heavy. Jupiter and Neptune are more spiritually oriented, while Saturn is a more grounding influence.  The major influence of the Jupiter Neptune square is that it okay to have big dreams and hope for miracles if we are willing to do the work.  That is where Saturn and Pluto come in. Pluto will empower and transform us. Jupiter in Sagittarius will be exactly square Neptune in Pisces on January 13, 2019 in 14 degrees of their respective signs.  This can play out as a desire to move into a more perfect reality. This Jupiter Neptune square is a bit more challenging than the Jupiter in Scorpio trine to Neptune in Pisces that we experienced last year.  It can also make us more prone to being judgmental and wanting to engage in escapist behaviors. 

On January 6, 2019, Uranus stations direct in 28 degrees of Aries.  Uranus has been retrograde since August 7, 2018 and now that it is direct it is headed back into the sign of Taurus, which it enters on March 6, 2019 for the next seven years.   Uranus concluding its transit in Aries can manifest some very erratic and disruptive energy in the forms of severe weather, protests, riots, political upheavals and power struggles. It is literally full steam ahead now in terms of pursuing goals. Don’t waste this energy.

And on January 7, 2019, Venus enters the sign of Sagittarius where it stays until February 3, 2019. Venus in Sagittarius is a refreshing change from the intensity of Venus in Scorpio.  Venus in Sagittarius has a more adventurous, blunt and buoyant approach to love and finances.  It also likes to seek out the truth and higher meaning in relationships.  Venus in Sagittarius will inspire us to live life to the fullest and see the best in people.  The shadow side of Venus in Sagittarius is that we may be inclined towards excessive spending or gambling.  But it does have a lighter quality that we need to balance out all of this heavy Capricorn (ruled by Saturn, remember) energy, so we’ll take it.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  In the spirit of utilizing the energy of the January 5th solar eclipse in my 3rd house, I am starting to use FaceTime for my readings and have installed the Google Duo app on my phone for the benefit of my Android clients. So if you want to see me in addition to talking to me, I am giving you the choice to do so. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.









No comments:

Post a Comment