name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars on the Move and Capricorn Season Heats Up with a Sun Saturn Conjunction

Follow Me

Friday, December 28, 2018

Mars on the Move and Capricorn Season Heats Up with a Sun Saturn Conjunction



Mars is getting ready to leave the sensitive water sign of Pisces and enter its home sign of Aries on December 31, 2018, but before it does, it conjuncts Chiron in Pisces on December 29, 2018.  When Mars conjuncts Chiron in Pisces, it can bring about a healing of our masculine side so that we dissolve confusion about asserting ourselves without using force or anger.  With this conjunction in Pisces, it will also help us acknowledge our vulnerability and hopefully act in a more compassionate manner.

While Mars is definitely more comfortable in the sign of Aries, there have been some perks to having it in Pisces.  Christmas week featured Mars in Pisces trining the north node in Cancer.  When Mars is favorably aspecting the nodes of the moon (and if it was trining the north node in Cancer, it was also forming a supportive sextile to the south node in Capricorn).  The north node represents our future while the south node represents our past. Mars favorably aspecting the nodes of the moon can burn through the fog and open new doors that make it possible for frozen or stuck family dynamics to melt and experience some genuine healing.

I don’t know about you but I sensed a lighter vibration around Christmas this year.  Maybe it was that Leo moon trining both Mercury and Jupiter in Sagittarius, but it certainly felt more cheery.  On Christmas Day I tweeted:


Mars will enters Aries at 9:20 p.m. on December 31, 2018 in time to help us ring in the new year of 2019.  It will leave Aries on February 14, 2019 and enter the Venus ruled sign of Taurus, which is very fitting for Valentine’s Day.

Mars rules the signs of Aries and Scorpio, so it will feel right at home in Aries.  I was intrigued by the fact that the year 2018 began with Mars in Scorpio and ends in the sign of Aries.  Do you think that the universe is trying to tell us something?  Mars will really be feeling its oats in Aries as its power is boosted and the energy will be spontaneous and forward looking.  We may also find ourselves feeling more courageous, competitive and self-confident.  But be aware that the shadow side of Mars in Aries can lead to greater levels of impatience, arrogance, impulsiveness and self-centeredness.  But it will start the New Year off with a welcome and much needed surge of energy.

Capricorn season will be even more intense when we experience the annual Sun Saturn conjunction in 11 degrees of Capricorn on January 2, 2019.  We already have the sun, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn, but when the sun conjuncts Saturn, Capricorn’s ruling planet, the Capricorn energy will be amplified.  When the sun conjuncts Saturn, hard work, discipline and patience will be required.  This aspect can bring rewards for hard work and recognition for previous efforts, but it can also bring feelings of isolation, insecurity and hardship.  I’m just warning you that feelings of isolation might creep up on this day as the structures of your life may require some attention.

I am all too familiar with the nature of the sun conjunct Saturn, as I have it natally in my chart. My Saturn is in the sign of Scorpio, but Saturn conjunct the sun has a very Capricorn vibe.  Saturn is in my 1st house, and this has manifested for me in feeling restricted, being my own harshest critic and having a shy and reserved personality.  But it has also made me very conscientious and responsible, so be aware that Saturn is not all bad. While it may have a very somber tone, it's also a very grounding influence.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 15 minutes or 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $25 or $35.  I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.



Happy New Year, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment