name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Taurus Energy Intensifies as a New Moon in Taurus Inspires Hope and Mercury Enters Taurus

Follow Me

Friday, May 3, 2019

Taurus Energy Intensifies as a New Moon in Taurus Inspires Hope and Mercury Enters Taurus



The month of May could provide us with more hope and stability after the recent flurry of cardinal astrological energy that has been stirring the pot.  On April 29, 2019, Saturn stationed retrograde in 20 degrees of the cardinal sign of Capricorn, inspiring me to tweet:
On May 2, 2019, Mercury in Aries formed a challenging square with Pluto in Capricorn, which could have easily triggered some bouts of anger about issues of control.  On that day I tweeted:
But the energy is about to shift to a more stable and grounding vibe courtesy of a new moon in Taurus and Mercury entering Taurus.  On May 4, 2019 we have a new moon in 14 degrees of Taurus.  New moons are always a good time to set new intentions, but with a new moon in the fixed earth sign of Taurus, we have a real shot at setting intentions in a peaceful and practical way.  Since Taurus is ruled by the planet Venus, we should be focusing on planting new seeds to create more love and joy in our lives.

A new moon in Taurus is also prime time to create more healthy habits in our diet and exercise routines.  If at all possible, we should try to get outside and enjoy nature during this new moon.  I include the word possible because of all the rain we have been experiencing lately.  A new moon in Taurus also encourages us to balance work and play.  It is literally a time to slow down and enjoy life more.

We also have some pretty sweet aspects on this new moon in Taurus.  The sun and moon in Taurus are forming a wide supportive sextile to Neptune in 18 degrees of Pisces.  This aspect favors spiritual, artistic and creative endeavors.  It encourages us to follow our intuition and take a leap of faith.  Neptune’s influence on this new moon favors compassion, understanding and the ability to surrender to deal with practical concerns.  Mars in Gemini is also opposing Jupiter in Sagittarius on this new moon, but this is one time where an opposition is not such a bad thing due to the involvement of Jupiter.  This aspect bestows strength, courage and sex appeal.  It increases our self-confidence as we are more willing to take risks.  The only down side with this aspect is to be inclined towards selfishness, greediness and overconfidence.  Jupiter does love to expand whatever it touches, so if you have any planets around 23 degrees of the mutable signs of Pisces, Gemini, Virgo or Sagittarius you will feel this aspect more acutely than others.

On May 6, 2019, Mercury enters Taurus until May 21, 2019.  Say goodbye to the impatient quality of Mercury in Aries and welcome to more stability in our lives.  Communications take on a more stable and focused vibe as we find ourselves able to think before acting out or uttering hurtful words. Mercury in Taurus is a time when common sense prevails because Taurus is a fixed earth sign and is connected to the material world.  It is much easier to focus, slow down and get grounded.  We will find it easier to be patient and create strong foundations for the future.  We are not as likely to go off half-cocked, but we do need to be mindful of the tendency to be stubborn and rigid with Mercury in Taurus.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35.  I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:



If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment