name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Motivational New Moon in Gemini and Mercury Enters Cancer

Follow Me

Friday, May 24, 2019

A Motivational New Moon in Gemini and Mercury Enters Cancer


Gemini season is definitely humming along at a brisk pace these days and on June 3, 2019 we will have a new moon in 12 degrees of Gemini that will definitely speed up the action.  The sign of Gemini is renowned for becoming easily bored and craving a variety of choices. But we may need to be mindful of the choices that we are making.  Gemini is also a very social sign and there can be a great deal of mental chatter involved in this new moon.  We have Mercury in Gemini on this new moon in addition to the sun and moon.

A new moon is considered prime time to plant new seeds but be aware that the results of whatever seeds you sow the results may not be apparent until the full moon in Gemini on December 12, 2019.  The themes associated with a new moon in Gemini include truth, communication and self-expression.  This new moon is motivating us to take action and get things done so that we take responsibility for what we want. Mars in Cancer will feature predominantly in this new moon because it is conjunct the north node in 17 degrees of Cancer, which will provide lessons about assertion and give us the courage to speak our truth and ask what we want.  On the political front, having Mars conjunct the north node in Cancer on the day of the new moon can trigger issues about national security here in the United States and around the world.

This Gemini new moon is squaring Neptune in Pisces and opposing Jupiter in Sagittarius.  Mercury in Gemini is also opposing Jupiter in Sagittarius on the new moon.  This aspect can be a boon to writing endeavors, but the ongoing Jupiter/Neptune square has been problematic.  That new moon wants facts, information and the opportunity to communicate, yet Jupiter in Sagittarius is exaggerating information with its opposition to Mercury in Gemini.  And the new moon in Gemini square Neptune can literally leave us feeling overwhelmed and on the receiving end of some deception.

The bottom line is that this new moon holds the potential for an inspiring, spiritual and creative time with all of these mutable planets in motion, but we need to be mindful of our own negative self-talk and try to correct it.  Where have we been hard on ourselves and how can we be kinder to ourselves? The new moon in Gemini is also inconjunct Pluto in Capricorn which may require us to take a step back and detach ourselves from certain situations to gain some perspective.  In this way more may be revealed to us so that we can feel like forward movement is possible.  I know that a lot of people are feeling stuck lately and this new moon may be what motivates us to get unstuck.  It is conjunct my natal Gemini moon in the 8th house, so I am anticipating setting aside a time to meditate, reflect, detach and set some new intentions.

Mercury in Gemini may be in its home sign but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been causing communications havoc lately, courtesy of the mutable T-square involving Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces. On May 29, 2019 I tweeted about Mercury in Gemini opposing Neptune in Pisces, only to have an alert follower point out my typo.  So I issued this tweet:
Obviously I intended to say square the first time around, but it didn’t come out that way and is a perfect example of this challenging communications energy.  And on May 30, 2019 Mercury in Gemini was not doing us any favors with its opposition to Jupiter in Sagittarius, which will still be affecting us on the new moon. 

But on June 4, 2019, Mercury will enter the sensitive water sign of Cancer until June 26, 2019.  When Mercury is in Cancer, we will be taking in information on a deeper, more instinctive level and the pace will be quieter. The shadow side of Mercury in Cancer is that it may be more challenging to be objective, but I think it will be a welcome respite from the frenetic pace of Mercury in Gemini. Our thoughts will be colored by our emotions and we will display more interest in what personally affects us.  It will be easier to understand and communicate our emotions more directly and we can get closer to others.  We will be willing to share more personal matters with others and able to discuss things that make us feel more vulnerable.  Vulnerability is a tough nut to crack for many of us, so if we are getting a celestial hand with this issue, I say we take it and run with it.  It’s also easier for us to listen to others when Mercury is in Cancer because we are listening with the heart as well as our ears.  And don’t forget that when Mercury is in the sensitive water sign of Cancer, we can trust our intuition more.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I am now offering short telephone astrology consultations for 30 minutes which are available for purchase on the Services Offered page of my site. These are extremely affordable at the cost of $35.  I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:


This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging time.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment