name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Water and Fire: Trines and Conjunctions

Follow Me

Friday, March 28, 2014

Water and Fire: Trines and Conjunctions





If nothing else, the past week has taught me that the astrological elements of fire and water can coexist.  This is almost an epiphany for me as we head into the new moon in Aries on Sunday, March 30th. It’s definitely a hard won lesson for me, because as I have previously mentioned, I have very little fire in my chart and it is not an element that I am inherently comfortable with.  I have a lot of Scorpio and Cancer in my chart, so that is definitely more in my comfort zone, in addition to my grand air trine.  Earth and fire, not so much.  This past week began with a preponderance of planets in water signs: Mercury in Pisces, Jupiter in Cancer and Saturn in Scorpio—the grand trifecta of water signs, to be sure.  On Wednesday, March 26th, Mercury in Pisces trined Jupiter in Cancer.  That was also the day that I started my new part-time job giving Reiki treatments two mornings a week at my favorite acupuncture clinic, Acupuncture for Everyone in Boston.  I benefited enormously from acupuncture myself and I highly recommend them for acupuncture and herbal medicine.

I definitely felt happy and compassionate being able to publicly do healing work.   I may be an astrologer and psychic, but I actually began my spiritual journey by studying healing in the late 1970’s.  My work has its roots in healing, so this feels natural and right. 

That Mercury Jupiter water trine also aspected my south node in Cancer.  The last time that Jupiter conjuncted my 9th house south node in Cancer was back in August 2013, when I left a position in a university that I had held for over 17 years.  I had been employed at that institution for 22 years and it was a difficult, painful decision to leave that security and stretch out of my comfort zone in a literal leap of faith.  The Black Moon was also in Cancer at the time conjuncting my south node, which only reinforced the theme of taking a leap of faith. I made that move when the sun was in the fire sign of Leo and the irony that I am starting a new position when the sun is in yet another fire sign-Aries, is not lost on me.  The first hit of that transit to my south node was scary, but ultimately necessary.   I was in a job that no longer served my highest good and I needed to take action to move forward so that my life would be more aligned with my soul’s purpose.  Jupiter is sometimes known as the Great Benefic and is exalted in the sign of Cancer.  My natal Jupiter is in Cancer, so on some level, I felt protected.  My natal Jupiter is at 29 degrees of Cancer, so I won’t reap the full benefit of my Jupiter return until July but in the meantime I am trying to have faith and the patience that Saturn requires while I do my work.

The moon entered the sign of Pisces at 8:10 p.m. on March 27, 2014 and it conjuncted Neptune in Pisces at 6:27 a.m. and will trine Jupiter in Cancer at 2:42 p.m. on March 28, 2014.  And the moon in Pisces will conjunct Chiron at 8:48 p.m. on March 28th as well.  Is it any wonder that there is such an emphasis on healing this week ?  The Pisces moon will also trine Saturn in Scorpio at 9:44 a.m. on March 29th before it enters the sign of Aries at 9:54 p. m.

But the fire activity actually began a little earlier this week with Juno, also known as the marriage asteroid conjuncting Uranus in Aries on March 25, 2014.  Ironically, this was also the day that Gwyneth Paltrow announced that she and Chris Martin were separating by describing it as “conscious uncoupling.”  I guess this is an indicator of how Juno and Uranus in Aries play out the theme of partnerships these days.  It certainly was an innovative way of announcing the end of a marriage.  On March 26th, Juno in Aries squared Jupiter in Cancer and Pluto in Capricorn, forming a T-square.  Juno aspecting Pluto is indeed about transforming relationships. The asteroid Pallas Athena, who defends wisdom and truth, was in the fire sign of Leo and opposed Venus in Aquarius and squared Saturn in Scorpio.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard about more high profile divorces in the coming days.

This Juno Uranus conjunction squaring Pluto occurred in my 6th house, so I tend to regard it as a good omen for transformation of my daily routine and healing by partnering with an organization that resonates with my beliefs and values regarding holistic health. Check out this page to see a snapshot of the announcement that was sent to their mailing list about my joining them at:


The real fireworks get launched on Sunday, March 30th when we have a new moon in 9 degrees of Aries that conjuncts Uranus, inflaming that infamous Uranus Pluto square.  Jupiter in watery Cancer gets in the act to perpetuate that T-square with the moon, Uranus and Pluto.  While an Aries new moon may want new beginnings, Jupiter in Cancer mandates that we find a way to preserve the good in the past before transitioning into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment