name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Anger and the Cardinal Grand Cross

Follow Me

Friday, April 25, 2014

Anger and the Cardinal Grand Cross











"Anger is always speaking on the behalf of something essential that is being denied; Like a need for boundaries and love...
Anger wants more from you than 'discharging' it by beating a pillow... 
Anger wants you to feel IT and discover what in you 
sent Anger as a Messenger. 
The advocacy of anger is CHANGE.  
Feel the anger. 
Embrace the change. 
Let Anger help you take the action necessary for the change..."
Robert Ohotto on Mars Retrograde in Libra

Well, this has been the week that astrologers have been talking about all year. Uranus in Aries was exactly square Pluto in Capricorn on April 21st and we experienced the full effect of the Cardinal Grand Cross on April 22-23. What a line-up we had with Jupiter in Cancer, Mars in Libra, Uranus in Aries, and Pluto in Capricorn all at 13 degrees.  I personally didn't feel anything on the 21st, but I definitely felt the intensity on the 22nd and 23rd. Like most people, I didn't know what to expect, but I can tell you now that it played out for me with a big theme of anger. Astrologer Jeff Jawer described April 20th as preparing for a cosmic tsunami and he wasn't exaggerating!

How could I have not realized it would manifest that way? My ascendant is in 16 degrees of Libra, so I was caught right in the crossfire of the Cardinal Grand Cross. Mars is in my 12th house now, but it is conjunct my ascendant and it is opposing transiting Uranus in my 6th house. Uranus is at the end of my 6th house, but it clearly isn't finished with bringing up unexpected issues for me with my health and daily routine. I experienced more scheduling changes in my Reiki practice and I had a run-in with the radiology clinic when I booked an appointment for one procedure and they scheduled me for a full battery of procedures that I emphatically stated that I didn't want.  Ironically this appointment is scheduled for April 29th, the day of the solar eclipse, so I am hoping that some light is shed on the matter and that my feelings and needs are actually listened to.

While Mars in Libra is making me angry and attacking my body, Pluto in Capricorn is squaring my ascendant and making me feel powerless.  Transiting Pluto is also inconjunct my moon in Gemini, so it is no wonder that health issues are arising. I am dealing with old emotional wounds and the last time I had a cyst I was undergoing a lot of emotional pain and sadness. But that Mars is energizing me to assert my rights in having a say over what I can control in terms of my choices regarding my body.

Jupiter in Cancer is squaring my ascendant and I confess that I indulged in a little retail therapy on April 21st and 22nd. I purchased some new clothes, which certainly fits the bill for a Jupiter transit to one's ascendant. Let us not forget that Jupiter tends to blow things out of proportion and in the sign of Cancer, emotional wounds and abandonment issues from when we were young come up for review BIG TIME. And Jupiter was opposing Pluto and squaring Uranus and Mars.

I was inspired by reading astrologer Stephanie Weiss on astrology.com. She wrote that we should let the emotion flow and try not to blame or be reactive. I don't know about you, but for me this is easier said than done.  I do think she is right when she said that relationships that survive are ones you are meant to be in. Indeed, it is time to face your past and move on to a better future. Self care and self love are crucial right now. Breakthrough is a major theme.

Mars in Libra was squaring Pluto in Capricorn on April 23rd. This was definitely a tension release phase, which I personally believe is the essence of this Cardinal Grand Cross. And a major feature of Mars squaring Pluto is the potential for power struggles. I certainly experienced this on the 23rd when I had my meltdown about my upcoming procedure. This transit is definitely revealing things and it is time to tell the truth. No more hiding under a rock!

The bottom line is that change is inevitable. Michael Lutin nailed it again this week when he said that we shouldn't be asking how long does this last because a change of this magnitude will probably last for the rest of our lives. This transit is not something you wait out, you have to move and grow by adapting to the changes that are required.

As for me, I plan on attending a Reiki conference on April 27th when the moon in Aries is conjunct Uranus currently in my 6th house. I trust that it will be inspiring and bring fresh ideas on healing and building my business.



No comments:

Post a Comment