name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Sweet Compassion of the Cancer New Moon

Follow Me

Friday, June 27, 2014

The Sweet Compassion of the Cancer New Moon



There is a new moon in 5 degrees of Cancer on June 27th.  It signals a new chapter in our lives regarding relationships because it stirs up issues from the full moon in Cancer on January 15, 2014.  This new moon also sextiles Venus and Juno conjunct in Gemini, which can require adjustments being made to ensure that both people’s needs can be met.  Venus just entered the sign of Gemini on June 23rd, so we can expect a lighter, more scattered, open and flirtatious approach to love. Hopefully it will also open the floodgates for constructive communication.

The themes for this Cancerian new moon include increased emotional support and satisfaction in addition to working on issues of trust, security and vulnerability.  It is a favorable time to lay the emotional groundwork for changes we wish to make from an instinctual level.  This new moon also gives us the bonus of yet another grand water trine, or the power of three, as I like to call it.  It trines dreamy Neptune in Pisces and then practical Saturn in Scorpio on June 28th.   Perhaps it sounds idealistic, but wouldn’t it be nice if Neptune could magically assist Saturn in coming up with new solutions to the world’s problems?  As I have often said, Saturn in Scorpio really is all about new solutions to old problems.  

I know of two people who are moving on June 27th and I couldn’t think of a more auspicious time to settle into a new home!  As for me, I am spending the 27th overlooking the ocean in a small seaside town.  How’s that for capitalizing on the water energy of this new moon?  I have a lot of Scorpio and Cancer in my chart, so it is a no brainer for me to retreat to the water to rejuvenate myself.  I am literally in my element!  The new moon also conjuncts my south node in the 9th house, so I have no doubt that I am where I need to be.

Jupiter in Cancer is not standing idly by during this new moon.  It is squaring the nodes of the moon in Aries and Libra.  It is expanding on helping us find ways to integrate our needs (south node in Aries) with creating harmony with others, as represented by the north node in Libra.

I am also hoping that many of us experience the compassion and tranquility of this new moon after the intensity of the Mars in Libra Uranus in Aries opposition on Wednesday, June 25th.  This aspect could very well have triggered echoes of the Grand Cardinal Cross for many folks. Mars was right on my ascendant for this aspect and I found myself traveling on this day.  This trip is a vacation, but I am also hoping that it brings me clarity regarding a difficult situation and some peace of mind.

The Cancer moon will also be squaring Mars in Libra and Uranus in Aries on June 28th, so don’t be surprised if volatile emotions surface, tempers flare and accidents happen.  It is disruptive energy. But we can expect to enjoy the evening when the moon conjuncts Jupiter at 9:02 p.m.  On Sunday, June 29th, the moon enters Leo and sextiles Venus, so the party feeling continues.  Have a great weekend everyone!

If you are feeling confused during these challenging times, please consider getting an astrological reading to obtain more insight and assistance in the healing process. Check out my services page on this site at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


No comments:

Post a Comment