name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Uranus Pluto in Action Gearing Up for the Last Uranus Pluto Square

Follow Me

Friday, March 13, 2015

Mars Uranus Pluto in Action Gearing Up for the Last Uranus Pluto Square


Brace yourself, folks. The intensity really got pumped up this week. We had a nice little calm before the proverbial storm on Monday, March 9th with no major aspects and the moon's entrance into Scorpio. On Tuesday, March 10th, Jupiter in Leo trined Mars in Aries giving us a feeling that anything is possible.  It infused us with inspiration, courage, and a sense of over exuberance.

But all bets were off on Wednesday, March 11th when Mars conjuncted Uranus in 14 degrees of Aries. The planet of desire and action collided with the planet of change and liberation. This is bound to trigger the effects of the 7th and final Uranus Pluto square of March 17th. Mars conjunct Uranus cautions us to look before we leap. Astrologer Kristin Fontana urged us to respond, rather than react, to this volatile energy, and I couldn't agree more. On March 11th I tweeted:

"Watch out today as Mars conjuncts Uranus in Aries & squares Pluto in Capricorn. Major explosions & power struggles. Breathe!"

We need to face the reality that anything happening this week acts as a catalyst to help us get unstuck and dismantle structures that no longer serve us because Mars also squared Pluto on the 11th. This aspect hit me hard, literally where I live, because Mars and Uranus in Aries sextiled my Mars in 14 degrees of Aquarius in my 4th house. The first hit was an usually large electric bill, which actually prompted me to rant on Twitter about Eversource raising rates and not replying to its customers.  I heard back from others on Twitter that Eversource had raised rates 60%. One tweet directed me to a link with a petition to the Attorney General in Massachusetts to repeal the 2015 rate increase, which I promptly signed and posted about on Twitter.

"Just signed petition to repeal #Eversource #rate #hike. Mars Uranus Pluto in action!"

The next hit arrived in the form of a $130 monthly rent increase and a demand to sign a No-Smoking Addendum which would prohibit me or any guests from smoking in the apartment, building, patios, balconies, foyers, driveways, parking areas, fire escapes and rooftops. Now I am not a smoker but my Mars in Aquarius was really riled up at the downright unfairness of this Plutonian measure. I deeply resent being told that no one can even smoke outside or anywhere on the property or that the Landlord will pursue all available remedies for violations. March 11th really lived up to all of the astrological hype of Mars, Uranus and Pluto in full force.

Michael Lutin wrote extensively about the Mars Uranus conjunction in Aries squaring Pluto in Capricorn on his site this week:


I loved what he had to say about the Uranus involvement meaning that you can't guess what can happen and that if you think it can't happen it might. He observed that this aspect reflected a break with the past and that it could occur with a violent rupture or a carefully integrated agreement and specially crafted separation. He talked about enforced change and a major break with previous associations.

On March 11th I went to my weekly meditation group, which was sorely needed. I wound up running into someone who had been a student in the graduate program I had administered at my previous job at a local university. Talk about Uranus in action! I left that position over a year and a half ago and it now seems like a past life. He had dropped by to chat with the minister of the church and was on his way out as I was entering for the meditation. But he admitted that he had dropped by my old office a few months ago to deliver a thank you gift for my helping him and was saddened by the news that I was gone and he would never get the chance to thank me. So Uranus was really working overtime for me on March 11th!

On Thursday, March 12th, Mercury left the air sign of Aquarius and entered watery, nebulous Pisces. This will pretty much ensure that confusion and uncertainty will run the gamut. Mercury will be at the midpoint of all this highly disruptive Pluto and Uranus action. But we did have an ace in the hole with the moon in Sagittarius. On the 12th, it trined Jupiter in Leo and Uranus in Aries, inspiring me to tweet:

"Sag moon trining Jupiter in Leo and Uranus in Aries today sets off a grand fire trine & potential for more pleasant surprises."

As Uranus in Aries winds up its transit of my 6th house (it enters my 7th house on April 10th), I began reflecting on the changes that had swept over those areas of my life. As recently as two years ago, my health and work situation were in dire straits. I was so stressed out from my job that I resigned for reasons of declining health. Transiting Uranus in Aries literally forced me to recreate a new work environment for myself and restore my health. I began pursuing my passion for astrology and psychic readings and started a Reiki practice. I am a healer, but I needed to heal myself. Last week I had my annual physical with a new doctor who pronounced me "very healthy with a very healthy lifestyle."  I may not have achieved the financial success or stability I aspired to, but at least I was able to restore my health and am doing work that I love. My work situation is still in a state of flux, but that is Uranus for you. I have definitely learned the hard way that you can't resist its theme of change; resistance is futile and only makes life harder. Embrace change, as uncomfortable as it may be. It is indeed worth the effort.

I am fully aware that I need to survive that last Uranus Pluto square on March 17th. All of us have that to anticipate. My Libra ascendant is in the crossfire, so undoubtedly there are more surprises in store for me. And we all need to accept that the repercussions of this last square will probably be felt through the remainder of 2015 and into 2016.

As wild as this energy may feel, we are getting some preparation for it courtesy of Saturn. Saturn is stationing retrograde in 4 degrees of Sagittarius on March 14th. Initially it may make us feel pessimistic and serious, but it can also help us be more practical and responsible and that type of grounding influence can serve as a welcome ballast in the days ahead.

If you are confused during these challenging times and need some guidance in empowering you to move forward, please consider getting an astrological reading.  You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:












No comments:

Post a Comment