name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Solar Eclipse in Pisces- The Official Start of Eclipse Season and Spring

Follow Me

Friday, March 20, 2015

Solar Eclipse in Pisces- The Official Start of Eclipse Season and Spring


Eclipse season for 2015 has officially begun and so has Spring, although the east coast is expecting snow today. The year 2015 will host four eclipses: a solar eclipse on March 20th, a lunar eclipse in Libra on April 4th, a solar eclipse in Virgo on September 13th, and a lunar eclipse in Aries on September 28th. Eclipses tend to be a time of crisis and show us where change is necessary. They bring unexpected changes in direction and indicate that something will end, but something new will begin. They describe the crossroads of our lives and enable us to break out of our old habit patterns so that we can move forward and fulfill our life purpose.

The solar eclipse on March 20th is particularly potent because it comes on the heels of the 7th and final Uranus Pluto square, which many of us are still reeling from, and because it occurs in 29 degrees of Pisces, which is considered to be the "anaretic" degree. What is the significance of the anaretic degree?  The anaretic degree is the 29th degree of a sign and it represents the end of a cycle, bestowing it with karmic significance. Some astrologers have described having a planet in 29 degrees as a point of weakness, indicating that the lessons of that planet in the sign have not fully been learned and assimilated. It has a last chance to get it right feeling. And the anaretic degree can also indicate that we need to learn moderation.

There is no doubt that this is literally a loaded eclipse. With both the Sun and Moon in 29 degrees of Pisces, we are shifting from mutable water to cardinal fire. This is the end of a subconscious or exiled cycle with strong themes of a desire for change and an end to emotionally tumultuous events. We need to forge a new sense of identity and develop a sense of control over our emotions.

This new moon is also conjunct the south node of the moon in Aries, which further emphasizes the theme that emotional attachments from the past come up and need to be released. We may feel ungrounded, experience a sense of urgency and want to take a leap. The solar eclipse occurs at 5:36 a.m. on the 20th, the moon enters Aries at 6:28 a.m. and the Sun enters Aries at 6:45 p.m. The Sun's entrance into Aries also marks the official start of spring.

This solar eclipse symbolizes that a shift is underway, major changes are coming, and there is enormous capacity for self-transformation. It forces us to confront the message of our life right now because Mercury in Pisces has been prominently involved. On March 18th, Mercury conjuncted both the moon and Neptune, affording us the opportunity to do some deep soul searching.

The bottom line with this eclipse is that unexpected or unusual circumstances will occur in the areas of our lives related to the house the eclipse falls in or any planets in our chart that it touches. This eclipse occurs in my 6th house but it also exactly trines my Jupiter in 29 degrees of Cancer in my 10th house. Oops, there is that anaretic degree theme again! This is forcing me to accept that part of my karma is to learn about the bigger picture and embrace a more universal point of view. And I have come to realize that is why I never felt like I was reaping the full benefits of Jupiter's so-called exaltation in Cancer. I hadn't completed the work of Jupiter in Cancer because there was always a part of me that wanted to be creative and shine in the spotlight that Jupiter in Leo craved. But I can honestly say that I am definitely working on it by utilizing my intuitive healing abilities and have developed a talent for seeing the big picture. I think that this solar eclipse is really shedding light on and illuminating that issue for me. I need to focus more on doing my healing work and less on the attention seeking. More heart and soul with less ego. I need to develop the faith (Jupiter) that the recognition will come in due time.  It's a challenge to balance the two, but one that I am definitely up for as my work schedule changes and new clients come into my life.

Happy Spring, everyone!

If you are confused during these challenging times and need some guidance in empowering you to move forward, please consider getting an astrological reading.  You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment