name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Venus and Jupiter Rally to Give Us a Boost of Optimism and Hope

Follow Me

Friday, January 15, 2016

Venus and Jupiter Rally to Give Us a Boost of Optimism and Hope




Venus in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Virgo have been doing their best to cheer us up this past week to combat the travails of Mercury retrograde and the rather complicated New Moon on January 9th that conjuncted Pluto and squared Uranus in Aries.  This is no small feat, considering that Jupiter is considered to be in detriment in Virgo and it is retrograde to boot.  Let’s face it, if you want expansion and growth with Jupiter in Virgo, you need to work hard and have a strong ethic.  No free rides or parties with this Jupiter placement!

 
But on January 12th, Venus in Sagittarius trined Uranus in Aries, inspiring me to tweet:
 

“Venus in Sagittarius trining Uranus in Aries today can bring unexpected financial gains, love and creativity.  Nice fire energy.”
 

On January 13th, Jupiter in Virgo trined the Sun in Capricorn, boosting our self-confidence by assisting in the grounding process as we attempt to make our dreams a reality.  Venus in Sagittarius also squared Chiron in Pisces on January 13th and we all know that squares are not exactly the most fun aspects.  But this square may very well have forced our hand for change in relationships, values or finances because my money is on the healing piece of this rather challenging aspect.  On the following day, January 14, 2016, Jupiter in Virgo trined Mercury in Capricorn.  This easy flowing aspect provided a jolt of optimism and humor to our communication and thinking, despite the fact that both planets are retrograde.  We probably felt more supported in presenting our ideas as a result of this aspect. The Sun also conjuncted Mercury on January 14th and this favored reexamining our long-term goals but cautioned us against taking action because of Mercury being retrograde.  It’s referred to as an “inferior” conjunction because of Mercury’s retrograde position and is bound to bring up issues from the past.  But sometimes introspection is not such a bad thing…
 

Jupiter in Virgo is also favoring us during January and February of 2016 with its close conjunction to the north node in Virgo.  The north node represents our soul’s path, so when Jupiter conjuncts it, it’s a big deal.  Jupiter conjuncting the north node gives us a green light to pursue our path.  Of course, the hitch with Virgo is that you have to work for it, but isn’t it nice to know that our efforts will be rewarded?
 

I am by no means an expert on numerology, but it is common knowledge that 2016 is a Universal 9 year numerologically.  A 9 year is a year of endings, completion, and is considered to be very karmic.  It is indeed a time of revisiting the past and offers the potential for spiritual growth.  I mention it here because of the effect of Mercury and Jupiter retrograde.  Both of these planets are aspecting my Chiron and facilitating my healing process.  I wish the same healing path be open to all of you.  
 

Think back in your own life to what began for you in 2008, the last 1 year numerologically.  On a larger scale, it was the year that Obama was first elected president and the year of the stock market crash.  If anything is no longer serving your highest good, don’t be surprised if situations manifest that release you.  Don’t try to resist these changes and try to have faith that a new beginning will emerge in 2017, the next Universal 1 year in numerology. 
 

In 2009 an astrologer told me that 2017 would be a wonderful year for me and I groaned at the thought of having to wait so long for it due to my natural impatience, but now that it is within reach, I can see the wisdom and merits of that prediction.  She predicted that on the basis of my progressed Saturn being conjunct my Sun in 2017.   She also predicted that I would probably leave my job in 2013 to pursue my real work as an astrologer and psychic, which did happen.  But the point is that back in 2009, it was a Universal 2 year and that was a time when I sorely needed patience as I was slowly developing awareness of patterns of behavior in myself and others.  It has been quite a journey and it appears that for all of us 2016 will be a year of tying up loose ends and taking care of unfinished business to prepare for a whole new cycle of growth in 2017.
 

I  am sure that I am not the only one who was saddened to hear about the death of David Bowie on January 10, 2016.  As an astrologer, I couldn’t resist looking at his chart.  What was happening in his chart on that day?  Plenty.  For starters, his progressed moon was in Aquarius conjunct his Aquarius ascendant, symbolizing a rebirth period for him.  Transiting Mars in Scorpio was conjunct his natal Chiron in Scorpio in the 8th house, and transiting Pluto in Capricorn was conjunct his natal Mars in Capricorn in the 12th house.  All of these themes were present in the lyrics of his haunting song Lazarus:
 

“Look up here, I’m in heaven.”
 

“I’ve got scars that can’t be seen.”
 

“I’ll be free.”
 

While David Bowie may not have had control over the time of his death, he did manage to convey its message with Lazarus.  His Neptune in the 8th house allowed him the opportunity to use his art to deliver a final message about his impending death and rebirth while his progressed Venus in Aquarius in his first house ensured that he will long be remembered and respected for his artistic work.  The musical Lazarus at the New York Theatre Workshop in the East Village is serving as a memorial to David Bowie.
 

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off.  Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 
 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:
 

 

If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life after the recent cosmic roller coaster of planetary activity, you can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:
 

 

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:
 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment