name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury Joins the Planetary Party in Gemini

Follow Me

Friday, June 10, 2016

Mercury Joins the Planetary Party in Gemini


I don’t know about you, but I am still reeling from the new moon in Gemini that occurred on June 4, 2016.  It was pretty intense and nerve-wracking. I am just starting to feel more grounded. And on June 12, 2016, Mercury leaves Taurus after an extended stay courtesy of Mercury retrograde and enters the sign of Gemini to join the Sun and Venus who are already there.

But Mercury in Taurus went out with a bang.  Its swan song literally occurred on June 9, 2016 when it opposed retrograde Mars in 25 degrees of Scorpio.  It was an aspect rife with tension, arguments and conflicts.  Resentments had a tendency to spill out and provocative speeches undoubtedly triggered some hostile reactions. If we were fortunate enough to hold our tongues and not unleash that notorious Scorpio venom on others, we may still have been blindsided if we harbored any angry thoughts that provoked outbursts directed at us.  Mercury opposing Mars can work that way; even angry thoughts have the power to attract that kind of contentious energy.  Both Mars and Mercury were in fixed signs, so stubborn attitudes prevailed. Mars opposing Mercury is also very accident prone and can cause problems with machinery.  I hope that everyone survived this aspect, but if anyone had these kinds of experiences, there is a perfectly valid astrological reason.

Mercury moves into Gemini on June 12, 2016, where it resides until June 29, 2016.  Ironically, on that same day, Mars stations direct in 23 degrees of Scorpio.  Mercury rules the sign of Gemini, so it is right at home there.  Mercury in Gemini is sharp and fast and messages tend to be brief but pack a powerful punch.  Mercury in Gemini is blessed with the ability to see all sides of a situation (it is the sign of the Twins, after all) and loves to disseminate its wit and insights.  But it is also high-strung, fast-paced and tends to amplify anxiety and fears because Mercury in Gemini is all about nerves. Mercury in Gemini has a tendency to feel like it is on steroids.

When Mercury is in Gemini, we may find ourselves spending more time online and active on social media, which Gemini thrives on. We will really want to know what is going on everywhere with all of this mutable air energy.  Ideas, impressions and social curiosity are swirling at breakneck speeds. We literally want to have a finger in every pot, so to speak.  Just be careful not to dissipate all that energy and wind up feeling burned out and frazzled.  There will be so many options and choices out there it can leave us feeling very disconnected. On the plus side, it is an optimal time to collaborate and get to know your neighbors as well.

Mercury in Gemini is going to conjunct my Gemini moon in the 8th house on June 22, 2016 while simultaneously trining my Libra ascendant and Mars in Aquarius.  It will activate my Grand Air Trine, so I will probably be all over the place in terms of communication. The recent new moon in Gemini was exactly conjunct my natal moon in the 8th house and I am definitely experiencing changes in my financial situation.

Venus in Gemini is also very busy these days. It is squaring the north and south nodes of the moon.  The south node represents our past while the north node symbolizes our future, our soul’s true purpose. With Venus squaring the nodes, our relationships, values and resources can feel the pressure as we become more aware that decisions need to be made to move forward and release some karmic baggage that is holding us back and contributing to feelings of being stuck.  On June 12th, Venus forms an easygoing sextile aspect with Uranus in 23 degrees of Aries, so don’t rule out some kind of breakthrough occurring in either your financial situation or relationships.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:

  
The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight into your life, especially with this powerful new moon in Gemini, the March eclipses and the season of retrogrades including Mars, Pluto, and Saturn, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment