name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Frenetic New Moon in Gemini Aided and Abetted by Mutable Grand Cross

Follow Me

Friday, June 3, 2016

A Frenetic New Moon in Gemini Aided and Abetted by Mutable Grand Cross



If you feel like you are being pulled in at least four different directions these days, it’s not your imagination and you are not alone.  We have a new moon in 14 degrees of Gemini on June 4, 2016 that is also part of a Mutable Grand Cross. A major theme of a mutable grand cross is a lack of focus.  The literal definition of frenetic is frenzied and frantic, and I would wager that most people these days are feeling this type of energy. The number of mutable planets interacting at this time can feel like we are being swept around and uprooted like a tornado is upon us.

The Sun, Moon and Venus are conjunct in Gemini, which is pretty sweet energy for developing loving thoughts and transitioning from the mind to the heart in a heart-centered way. So we have the potential to shift from thoughts and obsessions from the past (don’t count out that retrograde Mars in Scorpio which is opposing Mercury in Taurus and energizing us) to enter into a higher consciousness. There is definitely hope for gaining a new perspective.

But the Sun, Moon and Venus in Gemini are forming a mutable grand cross with Jupiter in Virgo, Neptune in Pisces and Saturn in Sagittarius. We also have Chiron in Pisces and the north node in Virgo adding to the mutable mash. Jupiter, which rules expansion, is duking it out with a square to Saturn in Sagittarius. This can manifest as extreme vacillation between optimism and pessimism as we attempt to seek a balance between Jupiter’s love of risk-taking and Saturn’s natural caution. Then we have Saturn in Sagittarius squaring Neptune in Pisces making us wonder what is real and what isn’t.  This is a definite challenge to our sense of reality as we run the gamut from feeling Neptune’s heady inspiration one minute to Saturn’s depression and disillusionment the next minute.  Neptune in Pisces also opposes Jupiter in Virgo, which can leave us feeling very mystical and spacey while also being inspired to be of spiritual service.

Let’s take a look at the key players in this grand mutable cross and their functions.  Neptune in Pisces can confuse, distort or inspire us.  Addictions could run rampant with this kind of energy. Saturn in Sagittarius is all about revealing the truth and outworn patterns while maintaining a vestige of responsibility. But it also holds the potential for problems with authority figures. Jupiter in Virgo helps us to feel blessed enough to fix our problems if we aren’t disillusioned by its opposition to Neptune in Pisces or depressed by its square to Saturn in Sagittarius.  And the sun, moon and Venus in Gemini are ripe for problems with love and money with all of the choices that such mutable energy represents.

This new moon in Gemini and the mutable grand cross are harbingers of major changes coming down the pike. If you have planets or points anywhere between 11-16 degrees of the mutable signs of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces, your life is being reconfigured.  Change is unavoidable, so your best bet is to forgive, release the past and move on.  This new moon especially emphasizes mental faculty and thinking processes. We need to be aware and mindful of our thinking and release our negativity  Meditation can be an invaluable tool in finding a center point of stillness so that we can mentally reboot and embrace a more expansive reality.  I know that the buzz words for describing mutable astrology signs are “go with the flow”, but this is one time when that advice needs to be followed.  Most of us find it extremely difficult to let go of our need to control, but this is prime time for adopting that philosophy if we intend to survive and prosper.

A new moon in Gemini is so heavily invested in mental energy that we would be doing it a disservice and not reaping its benefits by staying quiet and hiding out.  Yes, I realize, especially as a private, reserved Scorpio the need for introspection, but this new moon is literally demanding that we engage and interact with others.  Gemini likes to talk and share its opinions, so get out there and find your tribe.  You might be surprised by what you learn from others. 

My astrology teacher once described Gemini as the “most democratic of all the air signs” and that saying has always stuck with me.  I know that she meant that they could relate to and learn from anyone. Of course, she had a Gemini moon and so do I.  As a matter of fact, this new moon is exactly conjunct my moon in the 8th house, which means that I am quite familiar with the issue of finances, authority, inspiration, reality checks and transformation. I am hoping to achieve spiritual growth and a more expansive reality a result of this new moon and I know that you can too.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed.  If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:



The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight into your life, especially with this powerful new moon in Gemini, the March eclipses and the season of retrogrades including Mars, Pluto, and Saturn, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:











No comments:

Post a Comment