name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Astrological Green Light as Mars Goes Direct after Jupiter and Pluto Set the Stage

Follow Me

Friday, June 24, 2016

Astrological Green Light as Mars Goes Direct after Jupiter and Pluto Set the Stage



We are FINALLY getting the astrological green light to pursue our dreams when Mars stations direct in 23 degrees of Scorpio on June 29, 2016.  Mars started its retrograde stint in 8 degrees of Sagittarius on April 17, 2016.  I don’t know about you, but it feels like it has been retrograde forever to me.  Mars retrograde only happens every two years (thank God), but it has a tendency to feel like Mars transiting the 12th house.  This makes it damned near impossible to launch new endeavors or move forward and places the focus on the past we are forced to regroup.  We need to clear away old debris so that when mighty Mars is direct we can take action to manifest our dreams.

Speaking of dreams, Jupiter plays a pretty sweet role in setting the stage for Mars direct when it trines Pluto in Capricorn on June 26, 2016 in 16 degrees of the respective signs.  When Jupiter trines Pluto in earth signs, it renews our sense of limitless power.  It’s a favorable aspect for combining Jupiter’s dreams with Pluto’s power. We also have Mercury in Gemini sextiling Uranus in Aries on that day to add a jolt of innovative thinking to the mix.
This is the third Jupiter Pluto trine.  The first one occurred on October 11, 2015 in 13 degrees and the second one happened on March 16, 2016 in 17 degrees sandwiched between the game changing March eclipses of March 8th and March 23rd.  The theme of a Jupiter Pluto trine is to regain power over a part of our life and transform it for the long-term by working hard to eliminate our fears and obsessions that no longer serve us and impede our growth.  Jupiter in Virgo makes us work hard for our blessings and Pluto is all about transformation. Another interesting feature about this aspect is that anyone with planets or points located between 13-16 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn has been undergoing a tremendous amount of transformation and growth during the past year. Pluto has been squaring my Libra ascendant and I can definitely attest to the rebirth process in my identity.

We are still under the influence of the Mutable Grand Cross, which was most recently activated on June 19, 2016 with Neptune in 12 degrees of Pisces, Saturn in 11 degrees of Sagittarius, Jupiter in 15 degrees of Virgo and Mercury in 9 degrees of Gemini.  And the moon was also in Sagittarius on that day, so it really emphasized that mutable energy.  If you felt stretched in several directions, this is the reason why,

Jupiter has also been pretty busy hooking up with the north node of the moon.  Jupiter is considered to be in fall in the sign of Virgo, so we need to keep our expectations for profits modest. The best way to utilize this energy and reap its benefits is to create some order out the chaos and be as compassionate as possible.  If you are wondering how this is playing it for you, look to the house of your chart where Jupiter and the north node in Virgo are transiting. Or consider getting an astrological reading with me – my three and six month transit readings are a perfect way to resolve this and other issues for you. Jupiter is transiting my 11th house of dreams, friendships and group associations until July 5th.  Then it enters my 12th house, which should be a pretty sweet spot for my spiritual work.

Now, back to that Mars stationing direct on June 29, 2016.  Did you think that I got swept away in digression by that Mutable Grand Cross?  When Mars stations direct in 23 degrees of Scorpio, it will be conjunct my Venus in Scorpio in the 2nd house.  Is it any wonder that I am positively giddy about Mars direct?  This is superb energy for relationships, creative endeavors and is bound to have a positive effect on love, valued and finances.

Mark my words, Mars stationing direct is a very good thing.  It is literally a green light to move forward in whatever area of life you have felt stuck in since April 2016. Remember that this retrograde started in 8 degrees of Sagittarius and ended in 23 degrees of Scorpio, so its impact may have been very far-reaching.  Prepare for an adrenaline blast of energy to jolt you out of your doldrums on June 29, 2016.

As I was writing this blog, I couldn’t get the words from the old Age of Aquarius song out of my mind.  This was a famous song recorded by the Fifth Dimension in the late 1960’s when Uranus and Pluto were in Virgo. The lyrics that kept reverberating were:

“When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars.”

I looked at the ephemeris for June 29, 2016 and discovered that the moon in Aries and Taurus will be in my 7th house that day and that Jupiter will be aligning with Mars via a seven degree sextile aspect.  Jupiter will be in 16 degrees of Virgo and Mars in 23 degrees of Scorpio.  It’s not that tight an aspect and not as powerful as a conjunction, but I’ll take it.  I can only hope it will bring some sense of peace to our world. I have frequently felt that this year is strangely reminiscent of 1968 and I know that I am not alone in that thought.

As Mars moves forward over the summer months it is headed towards a conjunction with Saturn in 9 degrees of Sagittarius on August 24, 2016.  This is not necessarily a bad thing. Mars can act to realize Saturn’s long range goals if we have done the work of learning to control our anger.  It can also give us clarity of purpose and foster disciplined patient action. Astrologer Noel Tyl used these key words to describe a Mars Saturn aspect: “Indomitable will” and “Resourcefulness.”  Personally, I can’t think of a better way to conclude this piece on Mars and imbue you with a sense of hope for achieving your goals.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:



The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


I can assure you, courtesy of the Gemini Sun Uranus in Aries sextile of June 14th, that the PayPal feature of my Services page is now working properly so that there will be no further mishaps in purchasing readings.

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment