name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: New Moon and Mercury in Cancer

Follow Me

Friday, July 1, 2016

New Moon and Mercury in Cancer


We are deeply entrenched in the season of Cancer these days, with the Sun, Venus, and Mercury in Cancer now and a new moon in Cancer coming up for July 4, 2016. Mercury entered Cancer on June 29, 2016, inspiring me to tweet:

“Communication takes on a more emotional tone today as Mercury enters Cancer, joining the Sun & Venus.  It’s a softer vibe.”

When Mercury is in Cancer reality is perceived through an emotional lens.  Mercury may be at home in Gemini, but it was a pretty frenetic pace.  The vibe definitely got lighter when Venus and the Sun left Gemini recently.  One of my clients even commented last week that she was so relieved that Gemini season was over and I must confess that I agreed with her.  It tends to be a calmer, gentler, more nurturing time when the Sun and Venus are in Cancer and Mercury lends its support to that energy.

Mercury in Cancer is all about sentimentality and being drawn to the past.  Our emotions tend to pull us back in time.  I don’t know about you, but I have been reflecting a lot lately on my childhood and the memories seem to be filtered through a softer lens empowering me to remember the good times.

I find it supremely ironic that Mercury entered the sign of Cancer only about 15 minutes earlier than Mars stationed direct in 23 degrees of Scorpio on June 29th.  There is no doubt in my mind that this happened for a very cosmic reason in terms of the healing process. When Mars stationed direct, it was right on my Venus in the 2nd house and exactly trining my Mercury in the 1st house.  I was blown away by Michael Lutin’s take on the Mars station, so on June 28, 2016 and felt compelled to share it, so I tweeted:

"For insight on the Mars Station, check out Michael Lutin's video on #MarsDirect:



The new moon in Cancer occurs on July 4, 2016 in 13 degrees of Cancer.  It holds the promise of a sweet loving feeling and the potential for lots of emotional healing with seven planets in water signs.  That’s right folks, in addition to the Sun, Mercury, Moon and Venus in Cancer, Chiron and Neptune are in Pisces and Mars is strong and reenergized with its newly direct status in Scorpio. It is a perfect time to set a new intention emotionally. The nodes of the moon are key players in this new moon as well, because the new moon sextiles the north node of the moon in Virgo and trines the south node in Pisces.  This energy enhances the theme of emotional healing by integrating the past with the future.

What are the other planets up to on the new moon in Cancer on July 4, 2016?  Plenty! Mercury in Cancer is involved in a cardinal T-square with Pluto in Capricorn and Uranus in Aries on this new moon in Cancer, which can trigger deep thinking and a powerful awakening. Venus in Cancer is also opposing Pluto in Capricorn and squaring off with Uranus in Aries.  This can add the themes of power, security, familiarity, freedom and risk taking to the mix.  Pluto opposing that new moon in Cancer may very well trigger some power struggles in world relationships. Quite literally it provides the backdrop for an astrological set of fireworks.

Now that Mars in Scorpio is direct, it is wasting no time in taking action and it also features heavily in the planetary action of this Cancer new moon.  Mars will be sextiling Jupiter in Virgo through July 9, 2016, which can help attract money and make the most of business opportunities if we are willing to work hard for it.  Mars is also sextiling Pluto in Capricorn through July 11, 2016 and this provides intense motivation to reach our goals by favoring business expansion and money making opportunities.  Pluto in Capricorn has been forming a flowing trine to Jupiter in Virgo which is also conjunct the north node and this screams opportunity for empowerment and change.

The new moon in Cancer also sets the stage for a profoundly emotional healing period involving a Grand Water Trine with the Sun, Mercury and Venus in Cancer trining Mars in Scorpio and Chiron in Pisces through the first half of July.  If you have any water planets in 23-26 degrees of these water signs, you will undoubtedly feel its influence big time.

On a personal level, this new moon in 13 degrees of Cancer trines my Saturn in Scorpio and conjuncts my south node in Cancer in the 9th house.  I feel like my faith is being restored in terms of breaking through past blockages and limitations.  

If you are wondering how this new moon is affecting you, I highly encourage you to get an astrological reading, even if you just want a quick update on your transits for the next few months.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:



The link to my profile is below:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is greatly appreciated.

I am so thrilled about Mars in Scorpio being direct that I am officially launching a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Happy 4th of July!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment