name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Uranus in Aries - the Great Awakener or Bully

Follow Me

Friday, July 22, 2016

Uranus in Aries - the Great Awakener or Bully


Uranus in Aries remains strong and is definitely making its presence known these days in the form of disruptive and chaotic events.  It seems like every week we hear about shocking acts of violence, from the Orlando nightclub massacre, the shooting of Alton Sterling by police in Baton Rouge, shootings of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, the Bastille Day attack in Nice, France and the attempted coup in Turkey.

On July 14th, the day of the Nice attack, I tweeted:

“Mars in Scorpio inconjunct Uranus in Aries today is a real astrological wild card.  Irritation prevails & buttons get pushed.”

I’m sure that I am not the first, nor will I be the last astrologer, to question the historical implications of Uranus in Aries. I checked the ephemeris to see when the last time Uranus was in 24 degrees of Aries.  Uranus has a slow moving cycle, approximately 84 years, so clearly it was not a time when I was alive and could recall what was happening.  Uranus was last in 20-24 degrees of Aries from February through May of 1933. I mention the 20 degrees of Aries because Uranus is poised to station retrograde on July 29, 2016.

What was happening in the world during 1933?  Plenty.  For starters, 1933 is widely considered to be the worst year of the Great Depression. In 1933  Franklin Delano Roosevelt was inaugurated President of the United States and Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany and opened the first concentration camp in Dachau.  Do you see where I am going with this theme of Uranus functioning as the great awakener or the bully?  President Franklin Roosevelt is credited for implementing many social policies and programs that restored order to the United States while Adolf Hitler became reviled as the bully who responsible for the genocide of six million Jews and the instigator of World War 2.

We are currently still reeling from the effects of the Uranus Pluto squares of 2012-2015.  Interestingly enough, Uranus in Aries had squared Pluto in Cancer from August 1932 through December 1934.  Having both of these planets in the action oriented cardinal signs during both 1933 and now provides common ground for concern regarding the sweeping changes that the interaction of Uranus and Pluto in a challenging aspect can manifest.  In the 1930’s the world experienced troubling economic hardships and saw the rise of dictators which eventually led to World War 2. The Great Depression was a global phenomenon and today we are once again in the midst of economic uncertainty and political unrest. The United Kingdom has a new prime minister after the controversial Brexit vote to withdraw England from the European Union and the United States is currently embroiled in one of the most contentious presidential elections in its history.  This week’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland is ample evidence of Uranus in Aries in action.  It has certainly been a chaos filled week that no one could have predicted. 

Uranus in Aries pretty much guarantees a wide array of social changes coming and resistance is futile, just in case you haven’t figured that out in the past five years since Uranus entered Aries in 2011.  In the 1930’s Uranus in Aries was squaring Pluto in Cancer, which had a very different feel than Pluto in Capricorn.  I remember that when I began my study of astrology in the 1980’s, my astrology teacher, who was born with Pluto in Cancer, spoke about how the Pluto in Cancer generation weathered the storms of trying to transform the family structure while simultaneously preserving it.  She grew up in that tumultuous period and told her students many stories of families trying to stay together against tough economic odds.  This was really a time of family values, since Cancer is associated with family.  But Pluto in Capricorn is all about government, authority figures, power and financial structures.  It has a very different vibe and that is probably a contributing factor to the massive changes we are seeing in government these days, as well as the prevailing dissatisfaction with the status quo.  The challenge that we face with Pluto in Capricorn is to transform our government while simultaneously preserving its basic principles.

In addition to Pluto being in the opposite sign of Cancer in the 1930’s, Neptune was in its opposite sign of Virgo. Currently Neptune is in Pisces.  Neptune was in Virgo from August 1929 through September 1942 and again from April through July of 1943.  Neptune was previously in Virgo during the American Revolution when Pluto was also in Capricorn. The plot thickens… When Neptune is in Virgo, there can literally be a cloudiness or good old fashioned Neptunian fog between emotions and reason.  Service to others is emphasized through the Virgo placement, but there is also a tendency to be overly critical and a need to be mindful of the toll negative emotions can have on us. The nodes of the moon were in opposite signs as well during 1933.  The north node of the moon was in Pisces then and now it is in its opposite sign of Virgo.

We are literally at a crossroads now in terms of deciding on the sweeping changes that will affect our future.  Will we learn valuable lessons from the astrological history of 1933 and make wise decisions in 2016? The time is certainly ripe for another American Revolution and we need to ensure that our choices lead to awakened, enlightened changes and not those that are characterized by repressive bullying.  I don’t believe that anyone in their right mind wants to return to an America that was at war with leaders who tried to destroy the human race. The upcoming presidential election in the United States will prove to be a major turning point in this country’s direction. Many people have described Donald Trump as a bully and we need to decide if this is true or if he represents the kind of change that will best serve us in the coming years.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is greatly appreciated.

I am so thrilled about Mars in Scorpio being direct that I am officially launching a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment