name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Pluto Packs a Punch and Uranus Kicks it Up a Notch in New Moon Aftermath

Follow Me

Friday, July 8, 2016

Pluto Packs a Punch and Uranus Kicks it Up a Notch in New Moon Aftermath



The new moon in 13 degrees of Cancer on July 4, 2016 may have had some sweet aspects that I discussed in last week’s blog, but I think that I was truly psychic when I tweeted this on July 4th:

“Only potential astrological fireworks today is Cancer #NewMoon opposing Pluto in Capricorn.  Don’t engage in power struggles at home.”

I can honestly say that I didn’t see it coming and greatly underestimated the power and intensity of that aspect on July 4th.  I enjoyed the holiday for the most part but did receive an email late in the day that reflected that kind of power struggle energy and Cancer type moodiness and venting.  I also heard about two women getting into huge fights with their mothers which is vintage Pluto moon aspect.  I generally love this time of year when the sun is in Cancer, but I guess that I forgot how moody, sensitive and self-protective Cancer can be.  Every sign has its positive and negative traits, and those are Cancer’s negative traits.  And if anyone had planets or points in the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn that were set off by that new moon in 13 degrees of Cancer, the potential for explosions was rife.  My Libra ascendant and Cancer midheaven took a hit.

Mars in Scorpio is forming a very uncomfortable inconjunct aspect with Uranus in Aries from July 5-14, 2016.  Now that Mars is direct in Scorpio, everything is moving at a faster pace and anger is erupting. Adjustments are always required with inconjuncts, and I have always loved the way astrologer Dietrech Pessin describes it as “life’s messy, clean it up aspect. It is truly nerve wracking, tension filled and can also manifest in difficulty sleeping.  Mea culpa on that front. I have heard similar stories from friends and clients on that score.  

On July 6th I awoke to a message on my phone that someone had tried to hack my email account.  Nerve wracking?  You bet, because it took me three attempts to change my password successfully on my devices before the issue was resolved.  The Sun and Mercury may have been conjunct in Cancer, but it did not make me feel very nurturing, just extremely moody and upset because my mode of communication was threatened and I felt very vulnerable.

The cosmic fun continued with both Pluto and Uranus on July 7, 2016.  My tweets reflected the energy of the day:

“Power struggles with authority figures are possible today with both Mercury and Sun in Cancer opposing Pluto in Capricorn,”

“Venus in Cancer squaring Uranus in Aries today can make us edgy and anxious in relationships and in general. Angst prevails.”

The actions of Pluto and Uranus seem to be triggering a lot of the angst and turmoil from the famous (or should I say infamous) Uranus Pluto squares that predominated the astrological climate of 2012-2015.  Uranus is definitely making us edgy but at least Mercury and Venus will be departing the sign of Cancer soon.  Mercury enters Leo on July 13th and Venus follows suit on July 14th.  Mercury in Leo will add humor and charm to our mode of communication and Venus will be in a very generous, fun-loving mode in Leo.  Hopefully this will alleviate some of the tension we have been experiencing and give us a temporary reprieve and breathing space before Uranus in Aries clashes with the Sun in Cancer with a square aspect on July 16th.  Look to where 24 degrees of Cancer, Aries, Capricorn or Libra fall in your chart to see how it will impact you.  Or let me do the work for you by having an astrological reading.

We do have a saving grace protecting us and guiding us in the form of the north node in Virgo conjunct Jupiter in Virgo.  We just have to keep the faith that whatever turmoil we experience is leading us into the place that our soul needs to be. The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is greatly appreciated.

I am so thrilled about Mars in Scorpio being direct that I am officially launching a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment