name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Pisces Energy Reigns Supreme

Follow Me

Friday, January 20, 2017

Pisces Energy Reigns Supreme


The Sun may have just entered the sign of Aquarius, but there is a preponderance of planets in Pisces these days and the Piscean themes of healing, escapism and surrender prevail.  Today, Mars is in 23 degrees of Pisces, Venus is in 17 degrees of Pisces, Chiron is in 21 degrees of Pisces, Neptune is in 10 degrees of Pisces and the south node is in 3 degrees of Pisces.  All of these Pisces planets have been very busy interacting with each other, Jupiter in Libra and Saturn in Sagittarius.


On January 16, 2017 Mars in Pisces conjuncted Chiron in 21 degrees of Pisces, inspiring me to tweet:
The bottom line with this aspect is that it forced many of us to get in touch with our deepest pain and wounds to facilitate the healing process.

A couple of days later on January 18, 2017 Mars in 22 degrees of Pisces formed a challenging, irritating aspect called the inconjunct or quincunx to Jupiter in 22 degrees of Libra.  On that day I tweeted:

It is a given that inconjuncts or quincunxes require that some kind of adjustment be made so that the two planets involved can coexist peacefully.  But the deal with these two particular planets, especially with Mars in service oriented, escapist seeking Pisces is that it might involve an adjustment made on the part of Mars to be more self-assertive and pay attention to some much needed self-care instead of trying to take care of and please others, as represented by Jupiter in people-pleasing Libra. 

Mars in Pisces had another treat in store for us on January 19, 2017 when it squared Saturn in 23 degrees of Sagittarius.  As I noted in last week’s blog, I have this aspect natally and it ain’t pretty.  It is extremely frustrating and requires a lot of patience, which is not something I possess in great quantities. For me personally, with transiting Saturn in Sagittarius in my 3rd house, it tended to manifest as communication snafus and frustrations.  It was like my own personal Mercury retrograde and I found myself experiencing major annoyances regarding items that I had ordered online that were either not shipped within a week or delivered.   On January 19th, I tweeted:
But we also had the sun enter the sign of Aquarius on January 19th.  I also tweeted on that day:
The conundrum with the sun in Aquarius and all of these Pisces planets is that neither the sun nor Mars is comfortable in either sign.  Uranus rules Aquarius and Mars rules Aries and Scorpio.  Mars in Pisces is literally like a fish out of water when it comes to direct action and the sun in Aquarius is not at its roaring best in terms of enthusiastic energy.  But with the sun in Aquarius we are guaranteed that change is here and all we can do is to rely on that renowned Aquarian detachment to embrace new ideas and situations while utilizing the Piscean qualities of faith and compassion to move forward.

January 20, 2017 is the day that the United States inaugurates its 45th President of the United States.  Politically, it has been a highly unconventional year and many of us are anxious about the changes next four years will bring. The moon entered Scorpio on January 19th and on January 20th, it will trine Neptune in Pisces.  Let’s hope that some compassion can come through on this highly transitional day.  Venus in Pisces is also sextiling Mercury in Capricorn, putting the emphasis on values, communication. and the shift in power.  On January 21, 2017, the Scorpio moon will also trine Mars, Venus and Chiron in Pisces, offering opportunities for healing as well as highly charged emotional situations.  It will also sextile its ruling planet Pluto in Capricorn so the next few days will be intense and transformative, to say the least.

The south node of the moon remains in Pisces until May 14th when it enters Aquarius as the north node simultaneously enters Leo.  There will be a definite change in the emotional and soul centered vibe from service oriented to self-expression. While the south node concludes its transit in Pisces, make the most of it by dissolving and releasing as much karmic baggage as possible.

One thing that we do have going for us astrologically right now is the fact that all of the planets are direct until February 6, 2017. Jupiter stations retrograde in 23 degrees of Libra on that date and remains retrograde until June 9, 2017 when it stations direct in 13 degrees of Libra. I get to have Jupiter back in my 12th house for a while, which should be pretty sweet for my spiritual work.  We have a small window of time where all of the planets are direct, so it’s all systems go.  Make the most of it!

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, The New Year, especially a Universal Year 1, is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will .even take a peek at the eclipses of February 2017. They are almost here! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:



I have recently joined the International Center for Reiki Training Membership Association.


Please feel free to learn more about this wonderful organization at:

For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

I have also launched a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:




No comments:

Post a Comment