name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Planetary Pileup Involving Mercury, Venus and a Cardinal Grand Cross Culminate in Cancer Full Moon

Follow Me

Friday, January 6, 2017

A Planetary Pileup Involving Mercury, Venus and a Cardinal Grand Cross Culminate in Cancer Full Moon




The New Year is barely underway and already we are being deluged with a strong dose of planetary action. Venus entered the sign of Pisces on January 3, 2017, inspiring me to tweet:

Venus in Pisces oozes compassion and that makes forgiving and releasing major themes of its transit.  Venus is reputed to be exalted in the sign of Pisces.  And this year Venus will be retrograde, something that only occurs every 18 months.  Venus will enter the sign of Aries on February 4, 2017 but will station retrograde in 13 degrees of Aries on March 4, 2017 and will reenter Pisces on April 4 through April 29, 2017.  So if you don’t get a chance to act in a more compassionate, forgiving manner in the next month, don’t worry, you have another opportunity in April.  Just try not to schedule a wedding during Venus retrograde because in addition to ruling finances and creativity, Venus rules love.  On April 2, 2017 Venus in Pisces will square Saturn in Sagittarius, and this will provide a major reality check for relationships and finances.  As lovely and dreamy as Venus in Pisces is, Saturn squaring it will force us to take responsibility.

We all know that 2017 started off with a Mercury retrograde in Capricorn, but on January 4, 2017 it slipped back into Sagittarius, which has a tendency to make it more difficult to stay focused and on track.  On that day I tweeted:.

On January 7, 2017 the Sun and Pluto will be conjunct in 17 degrees of Capricorn.  This is a very powerful aspect that is full of intensity and may trigger some deep soul searching.  And don’t think you are immune from its effects just because you are not a Capricorn.  If you are a cardinal sign (Aries, Capricorn, Cancer and Libra) or have planets in the middle degrees of any of these signs, you will feel it.  Big time.  Enough said.

But we do get a cause for celebration on January 8, 2017 when Mercury stations direct in 28 degrees of Sagittarius and then moves back into Capricorn on January 13, 2017.  For those of you who believe in the Mercury shadow theory, Mercury is out of the shadow on January 27, 2017 and we have a total green light for all forms of communication and transportation. 

On January 10, 2017 the sun in 19 degrees of Capricorn squares Uranus in 20 degrees of Aries.  This aspect will trigger our need for independence and following our hearts, but be mindful that our patience is bound to be at an all-time low.  This is quite the prelude to the upcoming full moon in 22 degrees of Cancer on January 12, 2017.

A full moon in Cancer is always super-emotional, but we also have a Grand Cardinal Cross adding to the mix this year.  The moon in Cancer is squaring Jupiter in Libra, opposing the sun and Pluto in Capricorn and squaring Uranus in Aries.  Especially with Uranus in Aries involved, the news could be filled with more shocking and disruptive events.  Need I remind you that cardinal signs love to take action?  But it’s also important to remember that a grand cross indicates some type of hardship to bear and a feeling that the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  We are bound to feel intense pressure to take some kind of action and Jupiter in Libra has the tendency to exaggerate the bad things.  We really need to be mindful of the consequences of our actions here and try to judge fairly.  Work that Jupiter for all its Libra worth.

I am personally invested in this full moon because it falls in my 10th house conjunct my Cancer midheaven, Uranus and Jupiter while squaring my Libra ascendant and opposing my Chiron in Capricorn.  Speaking of Chiron, Mars in 17 degrees of Pisces (you didn’t forget that Mars was in Pisces, did you?) forms a conjunction to Chiron in 21 degrees of Pisces on January 12, 2017.  Mars conjunct Chiron is never easy to deal with as it involves issues of aggression and/or passive aggressive behavior.  The January full moon is aka the Wolf Full Moon, so don’t be surprised if you literally feel like howling on January 12, 2017!

Venus in Pisces is conjunct Neptune in 9 degrees of Pisces on the day of the full moon as well.  With this aspect, we may experience extreme highs and lows as our perceptions are exaggerated.  But it can open a door to releasing old karmic baggage that is no longer serving us, which is a definite perk.  There is a lot of Pisces energy involved in this full moon, and we all know endings are a big theme with full moons.  Not to mention that Pisces is all about spiritual surrender and is the last sign of the zodiac.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, The New Year, especially a Universal Year 1, is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will .even take a peek at the eclipses of February 2017. You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:



A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:



I have recently joined the International Center for Reiki Training Membership Association.


Please feel free to learn more about this wonderful organization at:

For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

I have also launched a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment