name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars and Saturn Facing Off Make it a Memorable Memorial Day

Follow Me

Friday, May 26, 2017

Mars and Saturn Facing Off Make it a Memorable Memorial Day


Monday, May 29, 2017 is Memorial Day, an American holiday where we honor our fallen soldiers and is also the unofficial start to the summer season.  But this year could prove to be quite memorable as Mars in 25 degrees of Gemini forms an exact opposition with retrograde Saturn in Sagittarius.

Challenging Mars/Saturn aspects are not easy, breezing flowing aspects by any stretch of the imagination.  These two planets are known as the malefic planets, with Saturn taking top billing as the greater malefic.  Malefics are generally reputed to be unsupportive and at times destructive. I am a true veteran on this score as the proud owner of Mars in Aquarius squaring Saturn in Scorpio. Indeed, having a Mars/Saturn square or opposition can at times make you feel like you are your own worst enemy and the war being waged is more of an internal one precipitated by external circumstances beyond our control.

What can we expect during this Mars/Saturn opposition?  The major themes of Mars and Saturn misbehaving are frustration, obstacles and delays. Saturn loves to test us by presenting us with delays and obstacles in our path.  And Mars is all about how we express our anger and passion.  We may find it difficult to express our anger or conversely, we may wind up projecting our frustration and irritability on others.  I have been feeling quite irritable myself since the new moon in Gemini on May 24th and I have been hearing similar tales from friends and clients.  We may also have the experience of feeling misunderstood.
If we suppress our anger during the effects of this aspect (which should only last a couple of days, fortunately), we might find our physical health taking a hit.  The best ways to deal with this bottleneck of frustration are to exercise and try to call on our reserves of self-discipline and patience.  Discipline and self-patience may be in short supply or literally feel like they are missing in action under the auspices of this brief transit.  If we do wind up exploding, maybe this is the time to consider to bring on the anger management therapy or classes.  The silver lining with this aspect is that the players are in mutable signs, not fixed signs, so the damages should be minimal or blow over quickly.

The new moon in 5 degrees of Gemini on May 25th did not aspect any other planets, but we did have one doozy of an aspect on that day that may have provided a buildup to the Mars/Saturn aspect. Venus in 17 degrees of Aries squared Pluto in 19 degrees of Capricorn.  On that day I tweeted:

Once again, I am a veteran of yet another challenging aspect.  My natal retrograde Venus in Scorpio squares my Pluto in Leo.  Obsession and compulsion rule with this aspect and we are not above engaging in manipulative tactics to get what we want in relationships or financial matters. Intensity prevails with this aspect and there is a tendency to experience confusion regarding love and power.  There is also a tremendous difficulty in letting go of relationships that are toxic, especially if this aspect occurs in fixed signs.  But a Venus Pluto square in cardinal signs may have made some of us eager to initiate change.

Not all is gloom and doom in the astrological world, though.  On Sunday, May 28, 2017, we have a delightful sextile between Mercury in 12 degrees of Taurus and Neptune in 14 degrees of Pisces. This aspect will promote inspiration and we can have more faith in whatever psychic impressions we receive being on the mark.  Enjoy this one!

The moon in Cancer on Memorial Day will be stirring up its own brand of trouble, though. Prior to the Mars/Saturn opposition, the Cancer moon will be inconjunct Saturn in Sagittarius.  Once again, the themes of my chart are being activated as I have this aspect natally, only with a Gemini moon and Saturn in Scorpio. With this aspect, we may be feeling somewhat insecure about what responsibilities we can handle.  And a Cancer moon has a way of making us feel vulnerable and defensive.  That Cancer moon also squares Uranus in 26 degrees of Aries on Memorial Day, so there could be some unexpected emotional events stirring the pot. But that Cancer moon has the power to redeem itself on Memorial Day when it trines Chiron in 28 degrees of Pisces, opening the floodgates for healing to occur.
.
If you are curious as to how these astrological changes are impacting you or seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer a basic astrological reading that will offer insight into your astrological DNA and the major themes in your life and delving into any pressing issues, one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will .even take a peek at the next set of eclipses in 2017. The August eclipses promise to be heavy hitters. And they will occur in the signs of nodes, Leo and Aquarius.   My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I have also launched an endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights:


Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment