name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Chiron Retrograde, Mercury Stations Direct and the Sun Trines Neptune

Follow Me

Friday, July 10, 2020

Chiron Retrograde, Mercury Stations Direct and the Sun Trines Neptune




This coming weekend features another boatload of planetary activity.  On July 11, 2020, Chiron stations retrograde in 9 degrees of Aries and remains retrograde until December 15, 2020 when it stations direct in 4 degrees of Aries.  Mercury stations direct in 5 degrees of Cancer on July 12, 2020 and the Sun in 20 degrees of Cancer trines Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces. 

How is Chiron retrograde in Aries going to play out in this year of the Coronavirus?  Chiron retrograde offers us opportunities to heal old wounds by confronting people and places from our past and promises spiritual growth if we are determined to do the work.  It is a time to face our fears and insecurities, which is never easy. The work entails reflecting on how we have used our wounds as a source of power and healing.  And with Chiron in Aries, those wounds could very well revolve around our identity and self-esteem. It sounds like we have our work cut out for ourselves for the next five months.  Transiting Chiron is currently in my 6th house and I admit to having some fears and insecurities about my health, wondering if I could catch the Coronavirus again. It’s not an experience that I would care to repeat.  I am also dealing with the disruptions in my daily routines, as is everyone else on the planet these days.

On July 12, 2020, a collective sigh of relief will be heard around the world as Mercury stations direct in 5 degrees of Cancer at 4:26 a.m.  This has been a particularly emotional and intense Mercury retrograde, more so because it was in the water sign of Cancer.  On July 8, 2020, retrograde Mercury in Cancer squared Mars in Aries, which was a very explosive and tense aspect.  On that day I tweeted:
I admit that I was not at my best that day and my temper flared big time over some needed kitchen repairs.  I should have heeded my own advice. Of course, I have Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter transiting my 4th house and ever since Pluto entered my 4th house two years ago, it literally seems like everything in my home is breaking down and this day was no exception.

Hopefully, now that Mercury is direct, we can be kinder towards others in our communications and that electronic devices will stop breaking down.  I hope my printer gets the memo on that because it has been jamming like crazy this past week.  But don’t forget that Mercury doesn’t clear its retrograde shadow until July 26th when it hits 14 degrees of Cancer, so don’t expect miracles immediately.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel and we should be feeling the effects of that progress soon.

We also have another delightful aspect on July 12th.  The sun in 20 degrees of Cancer trines Neptune in 20 degrees of Pisces.  This can be a very inspirational and spiritual transit which favors creativity, compassion and help dissolve (Neptune’s theme song) our ego and any mental or emotional blocks that are causing confusion. We could also find ourselves being extremely idealistic under the auspices of this transit.  The compassion piece of this transit could provide an opportunity to release old grudges and petty power struggles as we are more inclined to be more selfless, sensitive and more in tune with our psychic powers.  It’s a perfect day to meditate.  Of course, we need to be mindful of the shadow side of this transit as well: there is the potential for deception, a desire for escapism and a sense of confusion.

The sun trine Neptune aspect on July 12th hits home for me because it forms a grand water trine for me with my Scorpio sun and Cancer midheaven, which are both at 19 degrees.  I have also been undergoing the transits of Neptune in Pisces trining both my sun and midheaven since early February 2020 and this will continue through April 1, 2021.  While it has been a very spiritually enlightening time, it has also generated some confusion.  The fact that Neptune is transiting my 6th house probably contributed to my being infected with the Coronavirus and my attempts to find some meaning of this experience.

If you are curious about how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity. I offer a 24 card tarot card reading for $50 which incorporates the twelve houses of the horoscope.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions until August in order to practice social distancing.  I will be back in my Brookline office then practicing Reiki with a mask, gloves, and medical exam sheets for your protection.  I will also have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available. In the meantime, a distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! I speak from personal experience and consider myself very fortunate to have survived Coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 








No comments:

Post a Comment