name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Eclipse Season Concludes with a Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn

Follow Me

Friday, July 3, 2020

Eclipse Season Concludes with a Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn



Brace yourself for the third eclipse on July 5, 2020 that we have experienced in five weeks.  It will be a lunar eclipse in 13 degrees of Capricorn. That’s right, folks, it’s the third eclipse since June 5th, which was a lunar eclipse in 15 degrees of Sagittarius followed by a solar eclipse in 0 degrees of Cancer on June 21, 2020.

I always say that lunar eclipses are like full moons on steroids and this one will not be an exception.  I like to look at the history of certain astrological aspects and this eclipse has some pretty interesting baggage.  For starters, we had a lunar eclipse in 14 degrees of Capricorn on July 6, 1963 and back then we had Martin Luther King’s “I have a Dream” speech and the assassination of President Kennedy.  Fast forward to July 5, 2001 and we had a lunar eclipse in 13 degrees of Capricorn which featured another Saturn Pluto aspect (an opposition with Saturn in Gemini and Pluto in Sagittarius) which is reminiscent of the infamous Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn from January 2020 that manifested in the Coronavirus.  Any astrologer worth their salt will tell you that the lunar eclipse in July 2001 led to the attacks on 9/11. 

I don’t want to be predicting wars or assassinations, but this eclipse will be a big deal for the United States of America.  It happens one day after the 4th of July, which is America’s birthday.  And we need to remember that the United States is moving into its first Pluto Return.  Pluto was in 27 degrees of Capricorn in 1776 and Pluto will be in 27 degrees of Capricorn in 2022.  But we are definitely feeling the effects in our economy and government with Pluto now in 24 degrees of Capricorn.  Jupiter and Saturn have already reached 27 degrees of Capricorn, although they are both retrograde but will be back to 27 degrees in November and December 2020.

Retrograde Saturn re-entered Capricorn on July 1, 2020, inspiring me to tweet:
Full moons also tend to bring a sense of closure and completion.  This year we have the Black Lives Matter movement and the number of Coronavirus cases increasing.  Interestingly enough, we had the second Jupiter Pluto conjunction on June 30, 2020 and the consensus is that all Jupiter seemed to expand was the surge in Coronavirus cases.  The last Jupiter Pluto conjunction occurred on April 4th when the Coronavirus was surging in many states. Jupiter is not a happy camper in the sign of Capricorn; it’s exalted in Cancer, so it is technically in fall in Capricorn because it is so uncomfortable in Capricorn.

We can’t forget the importance of Pluto in Capricorn in this eclipse or in anything that happens in 2020 for that matter.  On July 5th, the moon in Capricorn will conjunct retrograde Pluto in 24 degrees of Capricorn and retrograde Jupiter in 23 degrees of Capricorn.  Purging and detoxing are major themes with Pluto in Capricorn and this lunar eclipse will amplify the theme of deconstructing the old order.  Transiting Jupiter will be in 22 degrees of Capricorn during the week of July 8 -16, 2020, which will give us a revisiting of the Saturn Pluto conjunction in that degree on January 12th and a preview of what will transpire from August through November 2020.

Another major theme of the lunar eclipse on July 5, 2020 will be one of practical security.  It is a south node eclipse and has the power to shine a light on something that has been hidden and could signal a completion of a cycle.  We may need to engage in some kind of release or adjustments in business and our levels of maturity and responsibility. Mars in 4 degrees of Aries will be squaring Mercury in 7 degrees of Cancer, so the air is ripe for conflict and angry words.  Saturn in 29 degrees of Capricorn, the critical degree, could very well bring out the shadow side of Capricorn, which is abuse of power and control.

We also have a cardinal Grand Cross aspect on the day of lunar eclipse. It involves the moon in Capricorn, the sun in Cancer, Mercury in 7 degrees of Cancer, and Vesta in 13 degrees of Cancer squaring Juno in 9 degrees of Libra and Chiron in 9 degrees of Aries.  All of these square and opposition aspects generate a great deal of tension.  The moon in Capricorn opposing Vesta in Cancer has a theme of devotion to a higher cause and the Black Lives Matter movement is a prime example of that.  Juno in Libra opposing Chiron in Aries places a greater emphasis on wounding and healing in committed relationships.  Let’s face it, the lockdown has forced many of us to deal with our emotional triggers.  Mercury in Cancer is encouraging us to let go of beliefs that are no longer serving our best interests.

The bottom line with this eclipse is that with its focus on practical security it will force us to deal with the effects of that Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn back on January 12, 2020 and the Coronavirus.  Some may be tempted to let their guards down with the holiday, but we need to remain vigilant by continuing to wear masks and engage in social distancing.

If you are curious about your progressed sun or how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading. These are very challenging and unique times; an astrological reading could provide some much needed clarity and guidance.  Check out my menu of services at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates. Additionally, I have also decided to offer private astrology lessons by telephone or video, such as Skype or Zoom.  Please feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about astrology.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

I am also available for tarot readings by telephone.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity. I offer a 24 card tarot card reading for $50 which incorporates the twelve houses of the horoscope.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


The coronavirus outbreak is causing me to increase the number of distant Reiki sessions I do because people are concerned about the spread of the infection. I have decided to suspend my in-person Reiki sessions until August in order to practice social distancing.  I will be back in my Brookline office then practicing Reiki with a mask, gloves, and medical exam sheets for your protection.  I will also have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes available. In the meantime, a distant Reiki session is the perfect opportunity to safely build up your immune system and if you have contracted coronavirus, you can be treated safely from the comfort of your home. My procedure is to have a conversation with a client about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. The cost for distance Reiki sessions is $30.  For your convenience, I accept PayPal and Venmo as forms of payment.  I have also written an article about distance Reiki, which is available at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.


I urge everyone to engage in massive amounts of self-care and follow the protective measures of washing your hands frequently, maintaining social distancing, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, wearing a face mask when going outside your home and staying home if you are sick.  I repeat, you do not want to get this virus! I speak from personal experience and consider myself very fortunate to have survived Coronavirus. Stay safe and healthy, everyone! 

Happy 4th of July!






3 comments:

  1. I think the admin of this web page is truly working hard in favor of his web site, as here every stuff is quality based information.

    Ex Love Back In USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! Very simple and easy…nobody can explain as interesting as this. I appreciate your time and effort on making things simple and easily understandable. I have bookmarked your site...

    Vastu Consultant In India

    ReplyDelete