name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Chiron in Pisces Direct - Let the Healing Begin

Follow Me

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chiron in Pisces Direct - Let the Healing Begin



Chiron resumed a stationary direct position in 9 degrees of Pisces on November 19th at 5:06 a.m.   Chiron has been retrograde since June 18th when it stationed at 13 degrees of Pisces. This follows last week’s direct movement of Neptune in Pisces.  Chiron is known as the Wounded Healer and Pisces symbolizes compassion and victim. So with both Neptune and Chiron in the water sign of Pisces, a lot of emotion is swirling around.  The Chiron in Pisces direct station is all about addressing issues around boundaries, codependency, addiction, denial and victimization. In other words, this is my neighborhood, the issues that describe where I live. That is not exactly lightweight stuff. Ouch!  Old wounds and pain comes up to be addressed for deep healing.  But nobody ever said that healing is easy or necessarily fun because it involves facing pain that precedes a great transformation, unresolvable situations and a clash between fantasy and reality.  It requires a closer look at emotional hang-ups caused by psychological scars of the past.

I also started thinking about the last time that Chiron was in Pisces: 1962-1968. I was a child then and I can remember my mother saying that she felt sorry for my generation to be enduring the memory of assassinations of political leaders because she had grown up in the Depression when the president of her childhood and early adulthood was FDR and the country seemed to be united for the sake of a cause: first the Depression, then World War II.  The 1960’s were all about change and rebelling against the establishment. Those were some pretty heavy duty times and there was also some intense Uranus/Pluto action going down back then: the Uranus/Pluto conjunction in Virgo.  We are commemorating the 50th anniversary of a slain president.  Now we have the Uranus/Pluto square in Aries and Capricorn.  This is definitely food for thought about changing times.  For people born in then 1960’s, they are experiencing their Chiron Return and embarking on their own personal healing process.

I started googling Chiron and found my way to a fabulous site that nailed my experience of the Chiron station.  It is:


Basically, it feels like you are caught between two worlds.  Chiron’s retrograde position for the past five months has provided us with an opportunity to reassess the places in our lives that need healing, but also to discover how we are wounding ourselves or others.  This is where the compassion piece comes in.  Decisions or turning points about issues concerning goals, health problems, expectations and authority can be made and implemented within the next three months.  Ambiguity exists and there can be a feeling of being in a whirlpool mixing up possibilities with limitations.  Essentially, you can feel like you are caught between the world of what is and what might be.

I thought I would be used to that Pisces energy now, but I am not.  I have to confess that early in the week I felt tired, anxious, and overwhelmed.  Insomnia was becoming a more constant companion.  About three hours before Chiron made its direct station, I woke up crying without knowing why.  I couldn’t get back to sleep for awhile, but a little voice told me to check out my Chiron transits.  I scribbled something on a notepad about checking on my Chiron transits and eventually got back to sleep.  I have learned to pay attention to that little voice.  Intuition has become my BFF.  After my morning coffee I checked my chart and bingo—I had transiting Chiron in my 5th house of creativity squaring my moon in the 8th house.  Traditionally this transit is interpreted as an emotionally difficult time which forces one to review a painful memory or event in order to heal the past and move forward.  Self-care, an issue that I have learned the hard way, and compassion toward others are crucial during this transit.  It is also said that dreams can hold the key to our problems during this transit.  I have been having a lot of dreams about my former job and the issues that caused me to leave.  I literally left that job to heal. 

I also discovered that transiting Chiron was trining my natal Saturn.  And I have been experiencing my second Saturn Return.  Chiron trining Saturn provides opportunity for healing and issues around authority.  True to Saturn’s nature, you still need to put in the hours and the effort, but the trine indicates that opportunities will arise. During the past week I received the opportunity to advertise my services free for a year in a New Age publication. The payoff of this transit is that you can overcome fears which have previously stood in your way and make choices.  My natal Chiron is in Capricorn, which denotes that my wound is fear and the best way to heal that wound is by demonstrating courage.  And I have Chiron in the 4th house, which also indicates that a big part of my wound is not feeling heard or validated.

I also consulted one of my bibles on Chiron, the book Chiron Healing Body and Soul by Martin Lass. In the front of the book he made a very profound statement that I have found very insightful over the years: “The gift is in the wound.”  He also said that the second retrograde pass of Chiron went even deeper, potentially exacerbating the wounds and issues of the first pass so that by the third pass the door can be opened for deeper healing and a final resolution of the issues.

On the evening of the 20th I went to my weekly meditation group, hoping for additional insight into these transits.  I look forward to this group every week because I experience such a high and deeper meditative state in a group than I do when meditating alone.  The music was very different at this session and afterwards the leader asked people to share their experiences.  I commented that I found the music slightly annoying at first but adjusted to it and said that at one point I literally felt like I was leaving my body and started shaking.  The general consensus was that the music was a bit jarring and one woman described it as reminding her of nails on a chalkboard.  Then the leader calmly stated that the music was like life—not always a smooth ride, sometimes filled with bumps, discomfort and turbulence that force us to leave behind the feeling of being a victim.  I piped up that it was a perfect description of the Chiron station that had occurred the previous day. What an a-ha moment!

The astrologer Michael Lutin never fails to amaze and enlighten me with his insight on his website: 


He brilliantly observed that with Chiron direct we are likely to notice that some people are like severely wounded animals whose wounds cannot be healed in this incarnation and that the best course of action is to show compassion, let them continue on their path, but keep your distance.  This resonated deeply for me because I know several people in my life who are truly like wounded animals.  And we all know that wounded animals will lash out and attack when in pain; they can’t help it. His website has a picture illustrating this.

And now we embark on the holiday season and I sense that these themes will be playing out big-time for me in my personal and professional life.  I do know one thing to be true—I am more than ready to renounce the victim role, so this should be an interesting three months…


No comments:

Post a Comment