name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars in Libra - Relationship Assessment Time

Follow Me

Friday, December 13, 2013

Mars in Libra - Relationship Assessment Time



Mars entered the sign of Libra on December 7th, the 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  While we are not under direct attack (Mars was in the sign of Aries back in December 1941), we may be in for quite a different kind of siege until Mars enters the sign of Scorpio on July 26, 2014.  That’s right—we have Mars going retrograde on March 1st at 28 degrees of Libra to thank for this extended transit.

What can we expect with Mars in Libra for eight months?  Well, first of all, Mars is considered to be in detriment in the sign of Libra, which means it is not in a good place.  Mars rules Aries and Scorpio and is much stronger in those signs.  Mars is very comfortable in fire signs because they are direct, but very uncomfortable in air signs.  I have my natal Mars in Aquarius, another air sign and I can attest to that discomfort.  I have frequently lamented that my Mars in Aquarius is the bane of my existence, squaring my Sun and Saturn in Scorpio.  But it also forms a grand trine in air with my Libra ascendant and Gemini moon, so it has its good points.

The main theme of this transit may play out in lots of passive-aggressive behavior and manipulation. Relationship assessment will definitely be in order.  Mars in Libra is also all about outraged ego and wounded pride; it shows Mars at its absolute worst.  Libra does symbolize relationship harmony, but passive aggressive behavior tends to be rampant when Mars is in Libra.  Perhaps the greatest lesson we can learn from this Mars in Libra transit is to cultivate our shadow awareness.  If we find ourselves becoming upset or angry by someone else’s actions it can indicate that we are reacting to our own unexpressed anger or repressed aggression.  We need to be mindful of what pushes our buttons. Another productive way of utilizing this energy is finding a crusade to fight for justice (the symbol for Libra is the scales of justice) or to do something creative.  Former President Bill Clinton has Mars in 6 degrees of Libra conjunct his Libra ascendant at 5 degrees.  He is probably already feeling the effects of this transit. Mars in Libra can be socially active and a clever strategist while drawn to romance and complicated relationships. 

Mars in Libra is currently in my 12th house until January 10,,, 2014 and this is not a fun transit. It can literally make you feel paranoid and that you have secret enemies out there.   It is at times emotionally upsetting and I am finding that I need to confront myself about self-defeating behaviors that I have.  On the plus side, with Libra rising I am not naturally a confrontational person, so it is far easier for me to confront myself than others.  But it is still difficult to put my ego aside.  While Mars will enter my 1st house in January, due to the retrograde, it will wind up back in my 12th house in mid-April through late June 2014.  Mars resumes direct motion on May 9, 2014 at 9 degrees of Libra.

I am trying to focus on the positive side of the Mars transit to my ascendant, which will occur on January 10th, April 15th and June 23rd of 2014.  This will be more energizing and I should feel more ready to take action and promote my personal agenda.  I anticipate feeling more competitive, able to focus more easily and finding it easier to be more direct and intense in my approach to others.  I just need to be careful because Mars on the ascendant can also be accident prone.

Transiting Mars in Libra will also be conjunct my natal Neptune in Libra on February 10th and July 17th and that is a whole other kettle of fish.  This one could cancel out the energizing effects of Mars on my ascendant if I am not careful because Mars conjuncting Neptune usually indicates lowered physical energy and the danger of being deceived by others.  But creative endeavors can be a source of redemption because Neptune is about spirituality and creativity.

But I think that this extended stay of Mars in Libra will be a wild ride, especially over the holidays.  Mars will be in direct opposition to Uranus in 9 degrees of Aries on Christmas day. This can lead to impatience, explosive tempers, and impulsive behavior.  What fun!  And on December 29th, Mars in Libra will be squaring Pluto in 11 degrees of Capricorn.  How will this play out?  Power struggles, control issues and compulsive behaviors will be the order of the day.  So there can definitely be some relationship assessment going on as we end 2013.

As we prepare for the holidays, I would like to remind you that I am offering a 20% discount on all of my services during the month of December.   An astrological reading is a thoughtful, unique gift and the insight it imparts can keep giving throughout the coming year.  Please review my Services Offered page and go to this link to learn more about this special offer.

http://phoenixscorpio.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_719.html 

You will need to contact me directly by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205 to receive this special discount.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment