name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Shot of Courage

Follow Me

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shot of Courage


This past week has been jam-packed with very strong astrological aspects. The major player was the Mars/Jupiter square on January 8th.  Mars in 14 degrees of Libra squared retrograde Jupiter in 15 degrees of Cancer.  The major theme of this aspect is breaking out of limiting, dull and unhappy situations.  Mars squaring Jupiter forces growth and motivates people to take risks.   Situations can be blown out of proportion, there can be a tendency to take too much for granted, and recklessness can prevail.  Yet we need to realize that things aren’t going to happen instantly.  Also adding to this mix was the fact that Mars was squaring Pluto in Capricorn.  This aspect alone literally forces you to pull up your bravery and courage by moving with instinctual action, strong ambition and physical endurance.  I loved reading Michael Lutin’s comments about Pluto knock on your door.  He said that if you resist the challenge to overcome your fears, then Pluto can act like a 16 wheeler truck driving through your life.  And you don’t want that to happen!

Mars in Libra has been trining my moon in Gemini and my Mars in Aquarius.  And it is within 2 degrees of my Libra ascendant.  I have definitely been feeling the emotional intensity and a fair amount of the motivational energy to achieve new goals in 2014.  Mars actually enters my 1st house on January 13th, and I am eagerly anticipating that shot of adrenaline to my physical body.  I did make an appointment with a new dentist this week and for me, going to the dentist is always an act of courage.  Having Mars transiting the 12th house can be a bit of a buzz kill and is not exactly chock full of energy.  But I can’t take Mars transiting my first house for granted, either, because Mars will go retrograde in March and will re-enter my 12th house in mid-April 2014. So I had better take advantage of this first hit and strike while the iron is hot.

Yet there were other aspect this week that left their mark in a less blatant way.  On January 7th Mercury conjuncted retrograde Venus in Capricorn.  It lived up to its hype by being a pretty social day for me and I wound up interacting with several different people.  As an astrologer, I couldn’t help but notice the irony of the fact that I also wound up watching the old movie The Way We Were on TCM.  I saw the movie on TV a couple of years after it came out in 1973 and was swept away in its romantic tale.  I think that I had a very different experience this time around, courtesy no doubt of Venus retrograde in the down-to-earth sign of Capricorn.  The potential for those two characters sustaining a long-term relationship was clearly doomed from the start.  I may have cried at the inevitable end when I first saw the movie in my early 20’s, but this time around the ending seemed totally logical and right.

On January 7th, Juno, the marriage asteroid, was also conjunct Neptune in three degrees of Pisces.  The theme of this aspect is dissolving and purging toxic relationship dynamics, including romantic delusions about marriage.  How appropriate to see that movie that day!  A major theme of Juno conjunct Neptune is denial, especially regarding a partner.

But hang on folks, because on January 11th Mercury leaves the practical sign of Capricorn and enters the sign of Aquarius.  Communications may take a quirky albeit stubborn turn.  Thinking outside of the box will be the order of the day and radical solutions may spring up in the weeks ahead.

Also on January 11th the Sun will  be conjunct retrograde Venus in Capricorn.  Remember to be good to yourself since Venus is associated with self-esteem.  There is also the possibility that a past love may pop up in your life this weekend.  And it could be someone who was important to you.  The golden lining to this transit is that Saturn in Scorpio is sextiling this conjunction, so it is possible to feel more appreciated and compassionate.  Saturn will be facilitating the feel good nature of this aspect, so enjoy this weekend!


 






No comments:

Post a Comment