name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Under the Influence of Libra - Season of Seeking Balance

Follow Me

Friday, September 19, 2014

Under the Influence of Libra - Season of Seeking Balance



The Sun may not enter the sign of Libra until September 22nd at 10:29 p.m. on the east coast for the Autumnal Equinox (farewell summer), but I would wager that many people have been feeling the Libra energy all week. Mercury and the north node of the moon have been dancing together since mid-September and they formed an exact conjunction on September 17th in 19 degrees of Libra. The themes of this aspect include making peace while simultaneously seeking justice, needing to move beyond the victim role and releasing the desire for revenge, and healing old wounds by saying the right words.

Mercury's conjunction to the north node in Libra prompted me to tweet on September 16th:

"Mercury in Libra's conjunction to north node facilitates peaceful communication in relationships this week."

The bottom line with this Libran influence is that transformation is necessary. Uranus in Aries has been forming a yod (aka the "finger of God") aspect with Venus in Virgo and Ceres in Scorpio. A yod occurs when two planets sextile (60 degrees) each other and inconjunct (150 degrees) a third. Venus and Ceres are playing nicely while forming a challenging aspect to Uranus. I love how astrologer Dietrech Pessin describes inconjuncts: "life's messy, clean it up aspect." A change is required in our attitudes toward relationships and values (the Venus piece) and our sense of self-worth and self-protection (the Ceres piece).

If you are questioning if yods are really all that powerful, I can assure you that they are because I have one in my chart. It involves my moon in Gemini, Saturn in Scorpio, and north node in Capricorn. I am living proof that this aspect has pretty much dominated my life. That moon/Saturn inconjunct has always felt like a cross to bear but integrating it with that north node in Capricorn is definitely challenging. The north node represents our soul's destiny, after all.

The theme of healing in relationships comes into play with Chiron in Pisces opposing Venus in Virgo and trining Ceres in Scorpio. It inspired me to tweet on September 17th:

"Venus in Virgo opposing Chiron in Pisces today can bring old wounds to the surface for healing."

Don't be surprised if you find yourself experiencing a new perspective on relationships in the coming month.  Pluto stations direct at 11 degrees of Capricorn on September 22nd, the same day the Sun enters Libra.

The pace of the Libra energy intensifies as we have a new moon in 1 degree of Libra on September 24th on the east coast. The core themes of this new moon are reflecting on balance, compromising and peace. Libra may be symbolized by the scales of balance, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Libra is always in a state of balance; the key to understanding Libra is acknowledging its search for balance.

We have every right to be optimistic about this new moon because the Jupiter in Leo trine to Uranus in Aries is exact at 15 degrees of their respective signs on the following day, September 25th. This aspect galvanizes our passion for attaining our dreams and fuels our ambitions. September 25th also marks Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. What an astrologically auspicious beginning for a new year!

The Libra new moon is in my 12th house so it is a perfect time for me to retreat and prepare for a new cycle. Since the Sun is residing in my 12th house until October 10th, I know that my physical energy is at its lowest but I am eagerly anticipating its entry into my first house and the accompanying rush of energy that it brings.

If you are feeling confused during these challenging times and curious as to how Saturn, Mars, Uranus, Chiron or the Black Moon Lilith are affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading to obtain more insight and assistance in the healing process. I have also added a one question astrology reading to my list of services for $40 that is an even more intuitive approach based on your natal and progressed charts with transits to both.

Check out my services page on this site at:


To celebrate the spirit of Mars moving into Sagittarius, I am offering a special on my tarot readings.  Recently some of my clients have been requesting shorter, one or two question tarot readings over my general astrological spread which covers all the issues pertaining to the 12 houses of the horoscope. They want answers to specific answers, so I am offering one or two question telephone readings for $15 and $25. You can check out the details at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment