name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars, Uranus, Pluto - A Time of the Ego, the Soul and the Unexpected

Follow Me

Friday, November 14, 2014

Mars, Uranus, Pluto - A Time of the Ego, the Soul and the Unexpected





This has been a banner week astrologically with all of the Mars, Pluto and Uranus aspects. Releasing attachments to what no longer serves our highest good was a predominant theme. Mars represents the ego, Pluto represents the soul and Uranus represents the unexpected. On November 10th Mars was conjunct Pluto in 12 degrees of Capricorn. This aspect can conjure up feelings of being manipulated by other people or situations as well as featuring those in positions of power aligning with aggressive individuals. On that day I tweeted:

"Expect power struggles galore today as Mars conjuncts Pluto in Capricorn and Cancer moon opposes them."

I suppose that the silver lining of this aspect is that it does provide the strength to accomplish one's mission. The conjunction in Capricorn, which rules Saturn, is nothing if not determined. And the other bonus that we had on November 10th was that Mercury in Scorpio officially emerged from its retrograde shadow position. Thank heaven for small favors! But that was a little too late for a friend of mine, whose TV died on November 8th. Never disregard the shadow position of Mercury and its power! 

On November 12th Mars in Capricorn squared Uranus in Aries. I love how astrologer Dietrech Pessin described this aspect as "angry stress!" This aspect is associated with sudden changes of direction and life-changing events, breakthroughs and breakdowns, troubles with mechanical equipment and erratic, argumentative energy. There is definitely a need to be free and challenge the system.  Coming on the heels of the Mars Pluto conjunction two days ago, we were still reeling from the accompanying power struggles and heightened emotions.

I had a very Uranian experience myself on November 12th. My computer crashed, refused to start and my Firefox browser also stopped working. Eventually all were restored to working order, but I realize that this computer is probably on its last legs and will need to be replaced within the next year. I just don't want to be forced to purchasing one during a Mercury retrograde!

On November 12th Saturn in Scorpio also conjuncted Venus in 25 degrees of Scorpio. This is not exactly a party aspect, and on November 12th I tweeted:

"Venus conjunct Saturn lends a somber responsible tone to love and finances today. Commitments will be reassessed."

Venus is all about affections, relationships, resources, self-worth and appreciation of beauty. So when Saturn joins Venus there is a reassessment of commitments and a deepening of trust is required to bring relationships closer or sever the connection.  Scorpio is all or nothing! This aspect was major for me because it conjuncted my natal Venus in the second house and occurred on my birthday to boot! I had a very personalized experience of this aspect when an electronic deposit to my bank account was delayed 24 hours! Is it any wonder that I am anxiously awaiting Saturn's departure from Scorpio on December 23rd?

We do have another bright spot on the horizon. Neptune stations direct at 4 degrees of Pisces on November 16th after being retrograde for 5 months. This can indicate a resurgence of idealism, compassion and imagination. Perhaps the fog will lift in those areas of our lives where we have experienced confusion.

If you are feeling confused during these challenging times and curious as to how you can facilitate the process of transformation and healing for yourself during the Season of Scorpio, please consider getting an astrological reading to obtain more insight and assistance. I have also added a one question astrology reading to my list of services for $40 that is an even more intuitive approach based on your natal and progressed charts with transits to both.

Check out my services page on this site at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment