name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Solar Eclipse in Pisces as Mars and Mercury Join the Mutable Mix

Follow Me

Friday, March 4, 2016

Solar Eclipse in Pisces as Mars and Mercury Join the Mutable Mix


Eclipse season is coming, folks.  We have our first eclipse of 2016 on March 8, 2016 in 19 degrees of Pisces.  It is a Supermoon solar eclipse to boot because it occurs one day before the moon reaches lunar perigee, which is when the moon reaches its closest point to the earth.  The best place to view this total solar eclipse is probably Indonesia, but trust me when I say that the rest of the world will still feel its impact.

Solar eclipses are renowned for triggering upsetting changes that can be felt for up to three months before and up to one year afterwards.  I frequently tell my clients to think of solar eclipses as new moons on steroids and lunar eclipses as full moons on steroids.  And since eclipses come in pairs, we get a lunar eclipse on March 23, 2016 in 3 degrees of Libra.

But on March 5th both Mars and Mercury change signs.  Both will leave fixed signs and enter mutable signs.  Mars moves from Scorpio into Sagittarius and Mercury moves from Aquarius into Pisces.  Mars in Sagittarius will probably leave us feeling freer and more courageous so that we can let go of whatever fears that have been holding us back.  But Mars will station retrograde in 8 degrees of Sagittarius on April 17th and move back into Scorpio on May 27th.  Then Mars will re-enter Sagittarius on August 3rd, where it will remain throughout most of September.  So all told, Mars is spending a huge chunk of 2016 in the signs of Scorpio and Sagittarius.  Scorpio is intense and passionate while Sagittarius is freedom loving, courageous and seeks out the truth.  It should be an interesting year with ample opportunities to achieve our goals with such a heavy emphasis on Mars in both signs of Scorpio and Sagittarius.

Speaking of fears, on March 2nd, I was deeply inspired by an email that I received from Daily OM written by Madisyn Taylor called The Wisdom of Fear. Its theme was that anything worth doing always has fear attached to it.  This is due in part to the fact that the fear of change (and let’s face it, eclipses are all about change) always throws us off balance and makes us realize that we are at the edge of our comfort zone.  The bottom line is that if you want to move forward you need to release and grieve some part of your past.

So if you are contemplating significant change in your life, I urge you to get in touch with those fears and face them head on.  I believe that meditation is one of the most potent ways to do that.  I have been somewhat lax about my meditation practice lately and in an effort to become more disciplined (I do have the Sun conjunct Saturn, after all), I discovered a couple of guided meditation apps that I highly recommend.  It is quite appropriate that this occurred during the Sun in Pisces. I have one app on my Android devices called Take a Break that is free on Google Play and it features a 7 minute Work Break meditation and a 13 minute Stress Relief Meditation.  I also purchased for $1.99 an app called Simply Being for my iPod.  I really love this one because it offers you the flexibility to program your mediation time from 5-30 minutes with your choice of music or nature sounds.

As for Mercury being in Pisces, this is also a big deal because Mercury will conjunct Neptune on March 11th, so we will be able to access deeper consciousness of inner realities.  This really favors following our intuition.  Mercury in Pisces will also be conjunct Chiron in Pisces by mid-March and this can assist us in healing old wounds by communicating in a more compassionate tone.

The solar eclipse on March 8, 2016 in 19 degrees of Pisces will be extremely powerful.  It will help us connect emotionally with our desires by providing energy to move forward.  The theme of this eclipse is Trust Your Intuition. How could it not be with the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Neptune, Chiron and the south node in Pisces?  We are also blessed with Jupiter and the north node in Virgo (yet another mutable sign) nicely trining Pluto in Capricorn.

The changes this eclipse delivers may be upsetting on some level, but with so much mutable energy in the mix that we should be able to deal with them and come out ahead if we remain open to and follow our intuition.  Mutable energy is all about the ability to adapt and go with the flow.  Take a look at your chart to see where 19 degrees of Pisces falls, or better yet, consider having an astrological consultation with me to learn more about the impact this eclipse will have on your life.

This solar eclipse trines my Cancer midheaven and Sun and Venus in Scorpio in my 2nd house.  It will be forming a grand water trine in my chart, so it will probably be a very emotional and intuitive time for me.  It falls in my 6th house of health, service to others and daily routines.  I have been contemplating some changes in my work and I am hoping that the favorable aspects this eclipse makes to my 2nd and 10th houses will help propel me forward on my healing path with a financial boost.  On another note, I am also having my annual physical the day after the eclipse, so I am hoping for a clean bill of health.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life, especially with the upcoming eclipses in March, you can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


.

No comments:

Post a Comment