name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: The Lord of Karma Slows Us Down as Saturn Retrogrades in Sagittarius

Follow Me

Friday, March 25, 2016

The Lord of Karma Slows Us Down as Saturn Retrogrades in Sagittarius


They say that lunar eclipses are all about revelations and we are just coming off the heels of a lunar eclipse in 3 degrees of Libra on March 23, 2016.  Now we have Saturn in the truth seeking sign of Sagittarius stationing retrograde in 16 degrees of Sagittarius to bring us more revelations until August 13, 2016 when it stations direct in 9 degrees of Sagittarius.

Saturn is not so fondly referred to as the Lord of Karma because it literally holds you accountable and responsible for your actions.  As an astrologer, I frequently hear collective groans about the havoc Saturn wreaks on lives. When it is retrograde, you have no choice but to slow down and reevaluate. It is a time to take care of unfinished business and tie up loose ends that are hindering our progress. We will have to work hard, but we can’t expect immediate results because we may also find ourselves saddled with additional obligations.  Saturn retrograde can also make us feel like we have lost all control over time as the past, present and future are all blurred.

Speaking of that blurred feeling, let’s not forget Neptune’s role in the Saturn saga. Neptune is currently in the watery, dreamy sign of Pisces.  It is at home there, while Saturn is not that comfortable in Sagittarius.  Saturn is at home when it is in Capricorn, which it will enter on December 19, 2017. Since November 26, 2015 we have all been collectively undergoing a Saturn Neptune square.  We will continue to feel the effects of this aspect until September 2016.  The square aspect is exact on November 26, 2015, June 18, 2016 and September 10, 2016.

What are the effects of a Saturn Neptune square?  Well, for starters, Saturn and Neptune are not exactly best buds because their intrinsic natures are so diametrically opposed.  Saturn loves to build structures while Neptune loves to dissolve them.  This aspect is bound to produce disappointments, setbacks, fear, anxiety, deception and downright paranoia.  These two planets don’t play well together in the sandbox, but clearly they have to learn now to coexist.  I happen to have both of these planets in my 1st house in different signs, and I can attest to the work required in maintaining some semblance of sanity in my life with these two planets taking up residence there.  Neptune is conjunct my Libra ascendant while Saturn is conjunct my Scorpio sun in the 2nd house.  I suppose I should be grateful that Saturn is at the end of my 1st house and not within striking distance of my Neptune.  The people who know me best tend to describe me as Neptunian, which is appropriate for a healer and astrologer.  But that Saturn in the 1st house has always made me feel like I am uber responsible for everything and I know that I am perceived as reliable. Responsibility is part of my astrological DNA.

The best advice that I can give to everyone regarding the next 4 ½ months of Saturn retrograde is to proceed slowly and carefully. Take time to reevaluate what is and isn’t working for you.  Above all, take personal responsibility because when Saturn is retrograde, the Lord of Karma is knocking at our doors and we will be held accountable for our actions.  It is truly time to pay the piper.  But if we have been diligent and working hard, we could be on the receiving end of some pretty sweet rewards.  What impact will Saturn retrograding from 16 to 9 degrees of Sagittarius have on you?  I am still processing Saturn’s opposition to my Gemini moon, which is not exactly a party, but I am becoming more comfortable in taking responsibility for getting my emotional needs met.  If you are curious as to how this transit will affect you, please consider getting an astrological reading with me.

In the spirit of the two recent eclipses impacting my creativity, spirituality, finances, and business, I am also including shorter astrological forecasts as part of my services.  Many of my clients purchase solar returns for a yearly tune up, but for those of you who can’t wait for your birthday, I can also do forecasts for three or six months.  So my world is expanding!  I am also offering shorter tarot readings in the form of one or two questions.  I am really excited to be offering distant Reiki treatments to my repertoire. So far these have been on existing clients, but a preliminary intake can be done by email or telephone and I tend to follow up a Reiki distant session with a phone call. Feel free to contact me at lindasim54@gmail.com if you are interested in any of these options. 

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life, especially with the recent eclipses in March, you can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment