name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Taurus New Moon Gets a Boost from Grand Earth Trine

Follow Me

Friday, May 6, 2016

Taurus New Moon Gets a Boost from Grand Earth Trine



The new moon in Taurus on May 6, 2016 in 17 degrees is a very favorable time to plant those seeds for new projects. It is a Super New Moon to boot because of the moon’s proximity to the earth.  Notice that I said plant, not launch.  Mercury and Mars are still retrograde, after all.

A new moon in an earth sign is a perfect time for detoxing and decluttering.  What makes this new moon on May 6th really special is that if forms a Grand Earth Trine with retrograde Pluto in Capricorn, retrograde Jupiter in Virgo and the north node in Virgo.  Talk about a shot of adrenaline with a potential for increased optimism, a chance for new beginnings and a literal do-over for the soul.  It may not still be the best time to act, but it can fuel the inspirational fires and pave the way to some creative resourcefulness.

The icing on the cake with this new moon is that Jupiter in Virgo is preparing to station direct on May 9th.  Jupiter has been retrograde since January 8th, so on some level, we can feel like a new year is beginning with it resuming direct motion.  As an added perk, the Sun is conjunct Mercury in Taurus on May 9th and this provides positive energy for moving forward with new ideas.  On the following day, newly direct Jupiter in Virgo trines Venus in Taurus, expanding the potential for growth in relationships, creativity and maybe finances as well.

This new moon in Taurus falls in my 8th house, so I am prepared for massive reflection.  I’d say that it’s a no-brainer that power issues and challenges to manifesting my desires are up for careful scrutiny.  I am trying to plant seeds and utilize my resources to increase my client base.  The new moon is in opposition to my sun and Saturn in Scorpio, so it’s no wonder that I have been feeling slowed down. Meanwhile Saturn in Sagittarius is sextiling my Libra ascendant and Mars in Aquarius, so I am becoming increasingly aware of the limitations and responsibilities that I face, but I am also focusing on revamping my services.  Stay tuned to see what changes are coming in terms of the services that I provide as the planets station direct.

Personally, I am over the moon that Jupiter is finally stationing direct.  It is sextiling my Saturn which indicates slow growth but it will be entering my 12th house in July, which should be a boon for my work as well as a spiritual balm for my soul.  Jupiter transiting the12th house is a very pleasant, protective influence.

Mother’s Day is on May 8, 2016 and we could see a little astrological turbulence on that day in the form a Grand Cross in mutable signs.  Jupiter in Virgo will be squaring off with Saturn in Sagittarius, Neptune in Pisces and the moon in Gemini.  It will be very challenging to see things clearly and it may feel like nothing goes as planned.  And with Mercury retrograde, I wouldn’t be surprised if restaurant reservations disappear or people get delayed in their destinations for celebrations. Just try to use the positive side of all that mutable energy and be as adaptable as possible to whatever occurs.  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed.  Talk about regrouping and revising during a Mercury retrograde! If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:



If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight into your life, especially with the recent eclipses in March and the season of retrogrades including Mars, Pluto, Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter, please consider getting an astrological reading.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months. You can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


No comments:

Post a Comment