name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Taurus Season and Mercury Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, April 29, 2016

Taurus Season and Mercury Retrograde



The season of Taurus is in full bloom these days with the Sun, Mercury, and Venus about to enter Taurus at 8:36 pm on April 29th.  And there is a new moon in Taurus coming up on May 6, 2016.  The sun in Taurus is a time to seek out our values and truth, since it is ruled by Venus.  Venus is now a very happy camper in the sign of Taurus because it rules Taurus and Libra.  Venus is exalted in the sign of Pisces, so consider yourself very lucky if your natal Venus is in any of those signs.  When Venus is in Taurus, we are hard wired to appreciate the finer things in life like good food, wine and are prone to large doses of retail therapy.  Retailers should see increases in their sales during this transit, which lasts until May 24, 2016.

The best way to capitalize on this Taurus energy is to do everything we can to get grounded.  Spring is here, so get outside and feel that earth energy.  Engaging in a daily spiritual practice such as meditation will also act as a compass to ground you so that you are open to receive.  Taurus is all about planting seeds for the future and creating substance for your vision.  That is what earth signs do best, after all.

Then there is the astrological elephant in the room.  Mercury stationed retrograde in 23 degrees of Taurus on April 28th, prompting me to tweet:

“Big day astrologically as it is 1st official day of #MercuryRetrograde.  Expect delays in communication & transportation until late May.”

Mercury stations direct in 14 degrees of Taurus on May 22, 2016, but for those of us who subscribe to the shadow theory (and I am a firm believer), then we are not truly out of the woods with Mercury retrograde until it leaves it shadow on June 7, 2016 in 23 degrees of Taurus.  Mercury entered the retrograde shadow period on April 14th, and I have been feeling it since mid-April.  I have endured power failures and major hassles with public transportation.  Just last week I was waiting for an MBTA train and the station sign said the next one would arrive in 2 minutes.  It was TEN minutes before the next train arrived.  Of course no explanation was offered for the delay. And the fare machines at three different MBTA stations were not reading credit cards with chip technology.  All of these events occurred before Mercury stationed retrograde, but while it was in the retrograde shadow. Get my drift???

How will Mercury retrograde in the sign of Taurus play out?  Well, since Taurus is ruled by Venus, don’t be surprised if old lovers suddenly reappear.  Mercury retrograde is renowned as a time when you hear from people you knew in the past, and the Venus influence on Taurus, stronger still with Venus in Taurus, can trigger visits or messages from past lovers.  But Mercury retrograde in Taurus is also an optimal time to stabilize our finances.  While we may definitely feel the siren call to engage in some retail therapy, we need to be mindful that those credit card bills will require payment in the not too distant future.  Remember the re in retrograde and regroup. Mercury retrograde is definitely not a good time to launch any new ventures, especially with Mars retrograde to boot and we may find ourselves having to exercise more patience with others because Taurus has a tendency to move and speak slowly. I think it goes without saying that one shouldn’t sign any contracts, purchase electronic goods or vehicles, or take a new job while Mercury is retrograde if at all possible.  I confess, patience is NOT my strong suit.  And with Mercury retrograde in Taurus opposing my Scorpio planets and squaring my Mars in Aquarius, I will be struggling big time with the patience piece.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed.  Talk about regrouping and revising during a Mercury retrograde! If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.

I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life, especially with the recent eclipses in March and all of the action in April with the recent new moon in Aries, full moon in Scorpio, not to mention Mars, Pluto and Mercury joining Saturn and Jupiter in the retrograde party, you can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


No comments:

Post a Comment