name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Prepare to Surrender for Maximum Healing as Mars Retrogrades

Follow Me

Friday, April 8, 2016

Prepare to Surrender for Maximum Healing as Mars Retrogrades



I think that many of us are still reeling from the effects of the Aries New Moon of April 7th in 18 degrees of Aries.  It had quite a buildup earlier in the week, especially on April 6th when the Sun in Aries squared Pluto in Capricorn.  On that day I tweeted:

“Aries sun squaring Pluto in Capricorn today has the potential for major power struggles.  Past conflicts could reemerge.”

I know that I have been pretty emphatic recently about how change is coming and that we need to embrace it. But the Sun Pluto square on April 6th also set off the infamous Uranus Pluto square of 2012-2015, so issues of control are bound to surface.  Uranus will also play its part in triggering the Uranus Pluto square on April 9th when it conjuncts the sun in Aries.  Those seven squares ruled the astrological climate for the first five years of this decade, and their effects are not going away anytime soon.

I think that I finally had an AHA moment this week when I realized that as much as I want change, I have no power to control how it will manifest in my life.  And that is one tough lesson to learn. I don’t do unpredictable very well, and a preponderance of planets in fire signs, especially a new moon in Aries aspecting both Uranus and Pluto tends to rock my fixed Scorpio core.  Saturn in Sagittarius was prominently featured in this new moon because it trined that new moon.  Trines are easy, flowing aspects, so it was definitely a good thing.  Saturn’s grounding influence should allow us to adapt to the massive changes that are coming a little easier.  But Saturn is also known for its delays and its endless need to test our faith.  

During the past week I have sensed a general slowing down of energy in my business.  I am still getting inquiries, but people are taking their time to consider what I have to offer them. This is not a new occurrence and in the past people have subsequently booked either Reiki sessions or astrology and tarot readings after an initial inquiry.  I’m trying not to take it personally, as I am well aware that Mars will be stationing retrograde on April 17th. It stations retrograde in 8 degrees of Sagittarius and winds up back in Scorpio on May 28th.  Mars stations direct in 23 degrees of Scorpio on June 29th and reenters Sagittarius on August 3rd.  The Mars retrograde is in my 2nd house, so no wonder I am feeling this way.  My values in addition to my finances are already feeling the hit. We all know that planets tend to slow down before the retrograde actually occurs which encompasses the shadow period.  When Mars stations direct in August it conjuncts my Venus in the 2nd house, so I expect that I will reap the harvest then.  I have implemented some changes in the services that I offer but I was very mindful to do so before Mars retrogrades.

Mars only retrogrades every two years, so it literally is a big deal when it happens.  What are the themes of Mars retrograde?  Well, the most important thing to remember is that when Mars is retrograde it tends to deplete vitality, so it is definitely not a good time to initiate new ventures.  Mars retrograde also cautions against buying anything mechanical if you can help it.  So don’t be surprised if computers break down or office machinery malfunctions.  Since Mars rules both Aries and Scorpio, these signs and anyone with planets in these signs will feel the effects.  But I would surmise, based on my own personal experience of coming to terms with the need to slow down and reassess, that Aries and Scorpio natives will find themselves having a little more patience to wait on circumstances, sitting back and reviewing matters in a more detached way.  This is where the concept of surrender comes into play.  It’s time to slow down and reevaluate so that healing can occur to pave the way for change.  There will be plenty of time and a sense of renewed vitality to initiate changes when Mars stations direct this summer.  If you don’t have a lot of Aries or Scorpio energy in your chart, conversely, you may feel more impatient to force matters to a conclusion.  This is NOT a wise move because if you do, things may fall apart.

Healing is very much on my mind these days because I am also attending a Celebration of Reiki conference on April 10th.  The moon will be in Gemini that day and I am looking forward to some lively conversation with a diverse group of healers.  I am certainly open to learning new things about Reiki and the healing process.

I would also like to include a post that resonated big-time for me from fellow astrologer Robert Ohotto’s site www.ohotto.com

“Healing has to be understood as a verb:

It is a constant process of retrieving our spirit from where it has been frozen, locked in a time warp, then releasing it into the moment, and that’s when you recover.”

Healing is a big component of my soul’s path and after undergoing a challenging Chiron square transit to my moon during the last couple of years, I am now able to feel more empowered by having transiting Chiron in Pisces trining my natal Venus in Scorpio and sextiling my natal Chiron in Capricorn for the next couple of years.  So I do think that Robert Ohotto definitely captured the zeitgeist of the current astrological climate. 

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life, especially with the recent eclipses in March and all of the action in April with the new moon in Aries, and Mars, Pluto and Mercury going retrograde, you can learn more about my revised menu of astrological services at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:




No comments:

Post a Comment