name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Full Moon in Scorpio Ramps up the Emotional Intensity

Follow Me

Friday, April 22, 2016

Full Moon in Scorpio Ramps up the Emotional Intensity


Scorpio is ruling the roost astrologically, so to speak.  Its two ruling planets, Mars and Pluto, went retrograde on April 17th and 18th respectively, and on April 22nd we have a full moon in 2 degrees of Scorpio. This full moon will deliver a lot of emotional intensity and longstanding secrets may be revealed.  This is huge for Scorpios because of their intrinsically secretive nature. A major theme of the moon in Scorpio opposing the Taurus sun is Scorpio’s need to change and transform conflicting with the Taurus need for personal security.

How is this going to play out?  My tweets on the full moon reflected the energy of the day:

“#FullMoon in Scorpio today trines Neptune in Pisces which can feel hypnotic, but also offers opportunities to reclaim power & end victim role.”

“Venus conjuncts Uranus in Aries today & they square #PlutoinCapricorn.  Deep emotions may suddenly surface & conflict with security needs.”

So this full moon in Scorpio prominently features Neptune, Venus and Uranus in Aries and Pluto in Capricorn stirring the emotional pot.  Venus conjunct Uranus can bring some unpredictable emotions, but it can also manifest in financial upsets.  With both Venus and Uranus squaring Pluto during this full moon, there could be major financial and government upheavals. The Venus Uranus conjunction in Aries squares my Cancer midheaven, so I’m not ruling out any surprises on that score.

While a Scorpio full moon is definitely intense and not for lightweights, it doesn’t have to be all gloom and doom.  There can be positive energy present and pleasant surprises can occur if we remain open to it.

Mercury in 21 degrees of Taurus will be favorably trining the north node in Virgo on the day of the full moon, which will increase the likelihood of our being open to new ideas that support us as we embark on our soul’s path.  And while Mercury automatically sextiles the south node in Pisces, we have another favorable aspect that empowers us to let go of our past in the form of karmic baggage that is no longer serving our best interests.

Jupiter in Virgo is another team player in this Scorpio full moon.  It trines Pluto in Capricorn and will also sextile the moon in Scorpio.  These aspects can lend a note of optimism to this deeply intense, complex full moon.  Just be mindful of Jupiter in Virgo squaring Saturn in Sagittarius, as this will undoubtedly make us more aware of the challenges and limitations we face in love relationships and finances.  Discipline and patience will be required in order to achieve our goals.  I realize that no one likes to hear the lecture about patience (least of all myself, with a natal Saturn squaring both my sun and Mars, and a cardinal T-square to boot), but hopefully the Taurus sun will instill in us the need to plant some seeds that will yield a fruitful harvest.

This full moon in Scorpio is conjunct my Mercury, which will bring me increased emotional sensitivity and intuition, as well as the potential for volatile mood swings.  I will need to make sure that my emotional attachments don’t cloud my perception.  This piece could get rather tricky, because my natal Neptune in Libra forms an out of sign conjunction with that Mercury in Scorpio.  The full moon may be great for my work because of the increased intuition it brings, but there may be an emotional cost.  I experienced a great deal of frustration with communication and transportation issues (typical Mercury stuff) on April 21st, so the full moon intensity is alive and well in my chart!

I would wager that Hillary Clinton will benefit favorably from this full moon in Scorpio.  It is exactly conjunct her Scorpio sun and I am convinced that her solid win in the New York primary earlier this week was evidence of that full moon conjuncting her sun. Full moons are about endings, and if nothing else, her New York win certainly slowed down her competition’s recent winning streak. She has waged a hard fought battle with Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination for President, and she may very well be coming to the end of that journey.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.

I have also recently become a member of the Fellowship of Massachusetts Energywork Practitioners.  It is a great resource for those seeking energyworkers.  Please feel free to check out this site at:


The link to my profile is below:


If you are contemplating an astrological reading to obtain more insight in your life, especially with the recent eclipses in March and all of the action in April with the recent new moon in Aries, full moon in Scorpio, not to mention Mars, Pluto and Mercury joining Saturn and Jupiter in the retrograde party, you can learn more about my menu of astrological services at:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


No comments:

Post a Comment