name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars Out of Bounds and Saturn Direct

Follow Me

Friday, August 12, 2016

Mars Out of Bounds and Saturn Direct



Mars in 2 degrees of Sagittarius entered a phase called Out of Bounds on August 8, 2016 and I confess that I didn’t see it coming.  A planet is considered to be out of bounds when its orbit is greater than 23 degrees and 27 minutes north or south of the equator.

What does out of bounds imply for a planet?  Basically, it means that the energy of the planet feels stretched and out of control.  It is literally wild card energy.  When Mars is out of bounds, aggression, impulsivity, violence, self-centeredness, anger, extreme force and a tendency to pick unprovoked fights runs rampant. But on the plus side, Mars out of bounds can bestow us with courage, ambition, self-confidence, willpower, stamina and physical vitality.  Mars will be out of bound through October 30, 2016, which is a clear indicator that we can expect more disruptive energy in this very unusual election year. 

I checked my own chart and discovered that I was born under the influence of an out of bounds Mars in Aquarius.  Anyone who knows me well is aware that I am fully capable of great tenacity and the occasional tendency to literally shock people by rebelling against the status quo.  Katherine Hepburn was also born with Mars in Capricorn out of bounds, and she was definitely no slouch in the iconoclast department.

My personal prelude to Mars out of bounds occurred on August 7, 2016 when the Sun in Leo inconjuncted Pluto in Capricorn.  On that day I tweeted:

“Power struggles are possible today with Leo sun inconjunct Pluto in Capricorn. Adjustments and/or compromises may be required.”

This manifested in a big way for me when I received an email on August 7th from the Celebration of Reiki organization that the legislature in Massachusetts was trying to pass a bill (Senate Bill S2461) which would prohibit Reiki practitioners in the state of Massachusetts from practicing without having a license and passing a course of study of at least 500 classroom hours.   While I applaud the legislature’s efforts to protect women and children from human trafficking in the form of forced prostitution and sexual abuse, I do not believe that Reiki is a form of bodywork that poses any kind of threat to them because clients are fully clothed during a session and there is no inappropriate touching.  I touch the feet during a session to ground the person.  Period. Reiki is a form of energy therapy and while most Reiki practitioners have completed Reiki 1, 2 and 3, there is no nationally accredited program or licensing procedure. If this bill is passed and takes effect on January 1, 2017, I will be out of business and my Reiki clients will be deprived of the healing benefits of Reiki. This bill represents a threat to the livelihood of Reiki practitioners in Massachusetts and it hit home really hard. 

On August 8th, when Mars entered its out of bound period, I sprang into action. I responded to the Call for Action.  I sent emails and placed phone calls to members of the Senate and House to register my opposition to the inclusion of Reiki in this bill. And I attempted to explain how safe and non-invasive Reiki is. Ironically, Mercury in Virgo was conjunct the north node in Virgo on that day, so I was living out the energy of that aspect by attempting to restore some sense of order through communication.  I even sent a letter by snail mail to the author of the bill at the State House in Boston.  The Joint Committee on Healthcare Financing is only accepting email testimony from interested parties through August 27th, so there was no time to waste.

I am an astrologer, psychic and Reiki practitioner.  These practices constitute a large percentage of my multiple streams of income as a healer, and I don’t take kindly to any of my sources of income being threatened. My out of bounds Mars kicked into high gear this week as I fought for a cause that I believed in.  The eclipse on September 1, 2016 in 9 degrees of Virgo will be trining my north node in Capricorn, so I am hoping that all Reiki practitioners in Massachusetts will be able to continue practicing in 2017 without interference.

Saturn will station direct in 9 degrees of Sagittarius on August 13, 2016 after having been retrograde since March 25, 2016. This will be a time of reckoning, when we need to be responsible for our actions and understand what Saturn has been trying to teach us for the past few months. Whenever a planet stations, its energy is extremely powerful. Saturn, after all, is known as the Great Teacher.  But Saturn is a strict teacher that demands that you do the work by forcing you to confront your fears and insecurities so that you can muster the courage to move forward.  We need to stop being our iown harshest critic and let go of the self-criticism that no longer serves us. Any blockages that we have faced since March 2016 can be released now.  There may even be some rewards coming our way if we have done the work and we could actually feel lighter and more relaxed.

Saturn has been parked in my second house of finances and values since November 2013 and I am chomping at the bit waiting for it to leave that house in November 2016. OK, I did have a brief reprieve when it was briefly in my third house from February through mid-May 2016, but it will back in my third house for good on November 6th.  I have some important decisions to make regarding my finances, so my lesson isn’t completely learned yet.  But I am ready to move forward.

Saturn’s potent energy to create new structures will remain strong until we hit a slight  speed bump on August 24, 2016 when Mars in Sagittarius conjuncts it. A Mars Saturn conjunction is accompanied by delays, frustrations and obstacles that can make you feel like you are driving full speed with your foot on the brakes. I have a Mars Saturn square aspect natally, so I am all too familiar with the challenges that these two planets pose when they are not in a flowing alignment. My advice is to get busy now and be prepared for the slowdown that is headed our way on August 24th. Do the work NOW!

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services. If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body. 

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the summer months a little easier. If you purchase a six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is greatly appreciated.

I am so thrilled about Mars being direct that I have officially launched a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment