name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mars, Saturn and Neptune Face Off as Confusion and Frustration Prevail

Follow Me

Friday, August 26, 2016

Mars, Saturn and Neptune Face Off as Confusion and Frustration Prevail




I realize that Mars in Sagittarius is direct and is finally out of its shadow period (where it was in mid-April when it stationed retrograde), but it has been wreaking havoc this past week with its interactions to Saturn in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces.

I totally related to what Michael Lutin had to say about Mars and Saturn in Sagittarius on his site:


He summed it up quite succinctly when he commented that having these two planets conjunct in Sagittarius entailed having the curiosity to push the envelope and explore coupled with a terrifying apprehension.  Has anyone been immune to the levels of anxiety that are prevalent these days?

To quote Michael Lutin:

“Mars Saturn in Sadge in the sign of the mind is the challenge to find sanity in madness, courage in fear, patience in restlessness, diligence in avoidance, truth in lies, temperance panic, wisdom in ignorance.”

Mars and Saturn were conjunct in 9 degrees of Sagittarius on August 24, 2016, inspiring me to tweet:

“Mars conjunct Saturn in Sagittarius today has a frustrating vibe that feels like driving full speed with brakes on.  Aargh!”

Basically, this aspect was all about wanting to move forward, as Mars is wont to do, but good old Saturn literally has a tendency to put the brakes on that movement by testing us, being somewhat restrictive and manifesting limitations.  Saturn is also squaring the nodes of the moon simultaneously, which provides a powerful connection between the past and the future.  We want to clear old doubts so that we can move forward but we are finding obstacles in our path.

Neptune in Pisces is adding confusion to the frustration by obscuring what action to take. Don’t you love that Neptunian fog? Neptune squares Mars and Saturn on August 26th and this is activating the Saturn/Neptune square which has been with us all year.  It will remain strong through mid-September, straight through eclipse season. In fact, the third hit of the Saturn/Neptune square occurs on September 10th in 10 degrees of Sagittarius and Pisces. How do we make our dreams a reality and break free of self-sabotaging patterns of the past?  The challenge with Neptune squaring Mars is to rise above the ego level so that we can find the answers on a deeper soul level.  That is a feat easier said than done for most of us.

On a personal level, transiting Neptune in Pisces is trining my Saturn in Scorpio, but I honestly can’t say that I have gotten a pass from all of this turmoil, trine or no trine. I am struggling to make my dreams a reality too and still somewhat unclear as to how I should proceed.  I was born with my own Saturn Neptune drama going on with both Neptune and Saturn in the 1st house.  With Neptune in the 1st house, I tend to live in another world, while Saturn in the 1st house makes me naturally apprehensive and reserved in terms of acting on my desires.  Saturn in the 1st house does not exactly imbue one with a ton of self-confidence or high self-esteem; it makes you work for it.  I do not make decisions lightly; it takes me what seems like an eternity to implement major changes in my life, but after having survived two Saturn Returns, I can say that I have a slightly improved set of tools in my toolbox and that I have managed to get myself unstuck from some pretty toxic situations.  I attribute that to my first house Neptune in Libra bestowing me with the faith that somehow it will all work out for the best if I put in the effort.  And that Saturn in Scorpio has definitely given me the tenacity to do the work.

I think that the sign below nicely captures the zeitgeist of the Mars/Saturn conjunction and Neptune’s involvement in this mutable configuration.




All is not total gloom and doom, however. On August 27, 2016, Venus and Jupiter are conjunct in Virgo.  Pretty sweet energy for weekend merrymaking.  Venus and Jupiter love to have a good time. Mercury in Virgo joins the party on August 28, 2016, so you may get some good news or an invitation to a fun social event.  Enjoy it while you can because Mercury is preparing for its next retrograde period on August 30th.  It stations retrograde in 29 degrees of Virgo on that day and resumes direct motion in 14 degrees of Virgo on September 22, 2016.  A Mercury retrograde in Virgo is all about the details, research and the body/mind connection.  Be prepared to review and restore when Mercury is retrograde in Virgo.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that north node and Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the rest of summer a little easier. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Mars stationing direct this summer inspired me to launch a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:





No comments:

Post a Comment