name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Complicated September with Two Eclipses and Mercury Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, September 2, 2016

A Complicated September with Two Eclipses and Mercury Retrograde



September 2016 promises to be a complicated, challenging month that was preceded by Mercury stationing retrograde in 29 degrees on August 30, 2016.  Then we had a solar eclipse in 9 degrees of Virgo on September 1, 2016.  We also have a lunar eclipse on September 16, 2016 in 24 degrees of Pisces.

There is no doubt that Virgo energy prevails during the first half of September.  The solar eclipse on September 1st had a strong focal point on health, work, service to others and getting the details right while still seeing the big picture.  A pretty big order to fill.   And Jupiter is still in Virgo until September 9th. This solar eclipse also conjuncted the north node in 12 degrees of Virgo, which provided a strong impetus to move forward and shed that karmic baggage.  But that may have been easier said than done with Mercury retrograde.  While solar eclipses are a harbinger of massive changes, Mercury retrograde has an annoying tendency to dilute the eclipse’s urge to implement something new.  It is a very frustrating, push-pull vibe that can be accompanied by an apparent lack of good choices.

The solar eclipse on September 1, 2016 was further complicated by the T-square it created by its square to Saturn and Mars in Sagittarius and opposition to Neptune in Pisces.  Many people, myself included, were extremely anxious in the days leading up to this eclipse and found it damned near impossible to determine what is real and how to transform those dreams into  a reality.  We are still in the throes of the Saturn/Neptune square, which will be exact for the third time on September 10, 2016 in 10 degrees of Sagittarius and Pisces.  Saturn and Neptune aren’t done confusing and unsettling us, not by a long shot!  The sun in Virgo also squared Saturn in Sagittarius on the day of the eclipse, which contributed some obstacles and limitations and lent a rather depressing vibe to the mix.

My tweets on September 1, 2016 reflected the complicated energy of this eclipse:

#SolarEclipse in Virgo today squares Mars and Saturn in Sagittarius while opposing Neptune in Pisces.  A major challenge to reality.”

#SolarEclipse in Virgo today trines Pluto in Capricorn.  We may get some practical insights into power but it’s tough to move forward.”

Solar eclipses are renowned for triggering upsetting changes, but the stage may have been set weeks ago because the effects of solar eclipses can be felt up to three months before the actual date and as long as one year afterwards.  Anyone with planets or points in the mutable signs of Virgo, Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces will be facing major changes that trace their origins to the solar eclipse on March 8, 2016 in 18 degrees of Pisces.  I am definitely in that camp with my moon in 14 degrees of Gemini.

The effects of an eclipse will be felt most profoundly in the house it falls in your natal chart, as well as any planets or points that it forms aspects to. The solar eclipse of September 1st in 9 degrees of Virgo fell in my 11th house of friends, group associations and aspirations.  It also trined my north node in Capricorn in my 3rd house. 

How did that play out for me?  Well, on August 31st when the Leo moon was trining Uranus in Aries, I received an e-mail from Celebration of Reiki that Massachusetts Senate Bill; S2461, which had been a threat to all Reiki practitioners in Massachusetts, had been redrafted and was now H4595. The Joint Committee on Health Care Financing redrafted the bill to exclude the misleading language about Reiki.  A few weeks ago I joined my colleagues in the Reiki community and made some phone calls and wrote some letters to Senators and Representatives.  It was my first foray into political activism and it yielded some very positive results.  And it definitely involved some positive communication (3rd house) regarding my group associations and aspirations (11th house).  I love it when astrology proves itself in daily life!

As for the solar eclipse in Virgo, it also got me thinking about adding another skill to my toolbox as a healer. I am researching coaching programs to add that to my menu of services.  While I am definitely not prepared to sign off on anything while Mercury is retrograde, it is an optimal time to do the research on programs.

I’d also like to do my due diligence as an astrologer by extending a word of warning to everyone out there by cautioning people to be very careful about accepting any job offers while Mercury is retrograde or even leaving a job when Mercury is retrograde. A job that is accepted when Mercury is retrograde may turn out to be very different from its job description. I know people that accepted jobs while Mercury was retrograde and lived to regret it.  And leaving a job while Mercury is retrograde can cause problems in departure and even in obtaining money owed in terms of that final paycheck, including vacation and retirement funds.  Mercury stations direct on September 22, 2016.  If you can afford to wait a little longer, I strongly advise waiting until October 6th when Mercury is finally out its retrograde shadow.  Mercury enters Libra on October 7, 2016 and hopefully by then this Mercury retrograde will be a distant memory…

I will be writing more about the lunar eclipse on September 16, 2016 in the future, but I will leave you with some food for thought as to where 24 degrees of Pisces falls in your chart. The lunar eclipse falls in my 6th house and trines my Venus in the 2nd house, so it should be an interesting time for me on the work, health and financial fronts. If you need help in understanding how this upcoming lunar eclipse will affect you, please consider getting an astrological reading with me.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that north node and the last days of Jupiter in Virgo energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the rest of 2016 a little easier. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Mars stationing direct this summer inspired me to launch a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


Happy Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment