name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Powerful Lunar Eclipse in Pisces

Follow Me

Friday, September 16, 2016

Powerful Lunar Eclipse in Pisces


Can you feel it?  Today is the long-awaited last eclipse of 2016 and it is packing quite a punch.  It is a lunar eclipse in 24 degrees of Pisces and it is particularly potent because Chiron in Pisces and Mars in Sagittarius are major players.  Pisces is the uber emotional water sign and relationships will feel the impact of this eclipse as the full moon opposes retrograde Mercury in Virgo and inconjuncts Venus in Libra.

The full moon is conjunct Chiron in 22 degrees of Pisces, which is really stirring the emotional pot by fully exposing (that’s what lunar eclipses are all about, folks) old emotional wounds so they can heal.  Chiron’s influence is painful and an upsetting part of the transition we are all facing.  On September 15th, the sun in Virgo was in direct opposition to Chiron, inspiring me to tweet:

“Virgo sun opposing Chiron in Pisces today could trigger some old emotional wounds for healing.  Prelude to Friday’s lunar eclipse.”
There is no denial that this eclipse’s connection with Chiron has a major theme of healing as all of us are forced to confront our oldest, deepest emotional wounds.  Pisces is also a sign that represents spirituality and faith, but as I have previously commented on numerous occasions, trusting in the process is extremely difficult but very necessary

Mars in Sagittarius is not making this eclipse any easier to deal with.  It forms an uncomfortable T-square with the sun and moon in Virgo and opposes Chiron in Pisces.  Mars squaring the moon can really push our buttons and force the issue on releasing some karmic baggage.  Anger can erupt quite suddenly in relationships if unexpected events occur due to the fact that Uranus in Aries is also opposing Venus in Libra.  And Uranus in Aries is trining Mars in Sagittarius, which can provide courage and drive to make the right moves and get unstuck.  Trust Uranus to get involved in the mix and make this lunar eclipse even more interesting by adding the element of the unexpected. But the trine to Mars is a positive aspect. There is massive potential for self-reflection during this eclipse and lots of angry reactions.  But what are we really angry about? We may find ourselves lashing out or projecting our anger for something totally unrelated.

I am definitely not immune from the effects of this lunar eclipse.  My chart is a veritable land mine and I have been feeling extremely emotional, irritable and exhausted for the past week.  We are just bouncing back from the last Saturn Neptune square on September 10th and I went into eclipse mode on September 11th, the 15th anniversary of 9/11.  Why is this eclipse impacting me so strongly?  For starters, it is opposing my progressed moon in Virgo and sextiling my natal Chiron in Capricorn in the 4th house.  It’s hitting pretty close to home and bringing a lot of old emotional wounds up for review. It is also trining my sun and Venus in Scorpio, as well as my midheaven, Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer.  When a lunar eclipse forms a grand water trine with your natal chart, it’s bound to be a highly charged emotional time. If you are curious as to how this eclipse or the solar eclipse on September 1st is affecting you, I highly recommend getting an astrological reading now to obtain greater insight during this intensely transitional time.

Earlier this week I was watching a very inspiring video with Henry Seltzer on this lunar eclipse.  Check it out at:


Just click on the image of Henry’s face to watch it.

Henry’s video featured a chart of the eclipse.  Being a Scorpio, I was struck by the fact that the ascendant for the eclipse chart was 26 degrees of Scorpio.  But then I realized that the chart was for Pacific Daylight Time and I immediately constructed a chart for Eastern Daylight Time.  That gave the eclipse an ascendant of 7 degrees of Capricorn and Pluto was in 14 degrees of Capricorn in the 1st house.  So my feeling that this eclipse has the potential to be very transformative and Scorpionic was right on the mark.  That eclipse ascendant is also conjunct my north node, so I am definitely hoping that this eclipse will be instrumental for me in ushering in a regenerative period of transformation and growth.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:



If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the rest of 2016 a little easier. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affect you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Mars stationing direct this summer inspired me to launch a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:



No comments:

Post a Comment