name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Healing the Shadow with New Moon in Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, October 28, 2016

Healing the Shadow with New Moon in Scorpio



The sabian symbol for the upcoming new moon in 8 degrees of Scorpio on October 30, 2016 is “A calm lake bathed in moonlight.  A quiet openness to higher inspiration.”

The sabian symbols were produced in 1925 by clairvoyant Elsie Wheeler with the help of astrologer Marc Edmund Jones in Balboa Park in San Diego, California.  I usually don’t pay much attention to sabian symbols, but reading about this one resonated for me big time.

This new moon in Scorpio holds enormous potential for personal power, soul searching, purging toxins, and finding the courage to face our shadow so that we can transform stagnation into growth.  Obviously it is a deeply spiritual new moon linked to transformation (it’s in Scorpio, remember) and letting go of the old patterns that no longer serve our highest good.  Mercury and Neptune are major players in this new moon.  Mercury in Scorpio is conjunct both the sun and moon and Neptune in Pisces forms a sweet trine, enhancing and emphasizing the capacity for understanding, empathy and forgiveness.  Neptune’s trine to the sun and moon also holds the potential for miracles, healing and mysticism.

While this new moon sounds very promising with all of these lovely positive aspects the road leading up to it was a bit rocky.  The moon in Libra from October 27-29 was not so nice and people pleasing; it wreaked its fair share of turmoil and damage in relationships.  That Libra moon squared Pluto in Capricorn on October 28th, triggering some power struggles. On the following day, still under the auspices of the Libra moon, Mars in 21 degrees of Capricorn squares Uranus in 21 degrees of Aries, opening the floodgates for bizarre occurrences to occur that will pose a serious challenge to relationships, especially with that Libra moon squaring Mars in Capricorn.   

Despite the fact that Saturn and Neptune are no longer forming an exact square (they are now 5 degrees apart), we are still feeling their influence of questioning clarity, honesty and authenticity.  And it didn’t help when that Libra moon formed an irritating, challenging inconjunct or quincunx to Neptune in Pisces on October 28th.  More adjustments and challenges to what is real, especially in relationships.

But on October 30, 2016 we should be focusing on the power and strength of that new moon in Scorpio.  It is always a good idea to set new intentions on a new moon, and with a new moon in the deeply spiritual sign of Scorpio, our focus should be on creating a daily anchor for our spirituality.  Meditation, self-healing or affirmations are fine examples of the types of spiritual anchors we can incorporate into our daily lives. I like to meditate and do a little Reiki on myself each day, but the options are infinite.
I also have a vested interest, so to speak, in this new moon because it is aspecting my chart very intensely.  It conjuncts my Saturn in Scorpio in my 1st house, sextiles my north node in Capricorn in the 3rd house and trines my south node in Cancer in my 9th house.  I feel like I am literally being propelled to let go of the past (south node in Cancer) while establishing new structure in my life while facing my shadow side and overcoming fears and limitations (Saturn in Scorpio) while pressing forward with my life purpose by communicating more responsibly with my tribe (north node in Capricorn in the 3rd house).

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign and house placement as part of my coaching program.  After all, the north node does represent the soul’s purpose in life, so why not use it as a tool?  If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are seeking more spiritual insight into your life, please consider getting an astrological reading. An astrological reading can provide valuable insight and tools.  If you are not quite ready for a full blown natal interpretation or a solar return forecast, I also offer one question astrological readings and composite couple readings that offer insight into the purpose of a relationship. And I offer shorter transit readings for three and six months which might help you navigate the rest of 2016 a little easier. If you purchase a three or six month transit reading, I will even look at how September’s eclipses affected you! You can learn more about my menu of astrological services, including the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

The north node in Virgo has an underlying theme of service to others.  In that spirit of pursuing my path as a healer, I am still channeling that Virgo north node energy by offering my Reiki services.  If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205. Additionally, I see clients at my home in Newton, Massachusetts and am generally available on weekends and evenings for your convenience.

If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can help you, please check out this page on my site:


Mars stationing direct this summer inspired me to launch a new endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights at:


No comments:

Post a Comment