name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury Enters Libra and a Full Moon in Aries

Follow Me

Friday, September 29, 2017

Mercury Enters Libra and a Full Moon in Aries



Hang on folks, because the intensity of the past week shows no signs of abating.  A week ago the moon was in Scorpio and when it moved into Sagittarius on September 25th, I mistakenly believed the emotional tone would lighten up, but I was sadly mistaken.  On September 26, 2017, I tweeted:  
I quickly realized that I had hit a collective nerve with that tweet. It may have been a Sagittarius moon but it was far from jolly and spontaneous.  Chalk that up to it squaring Mars in Virgo and conjunct Saturn in Sagittarius.


On September 28, 2017, we had two more major astrological events, Pluto stationing direct in 16 degrees of Capricorn and the third and final Jupiter in Libra/Uranus in Aries opposition in 27 degrees of their respective signs.  On that day I tweeted: 


But the fun is starting today when Mercury moves into the Venus ruled sign of Libra at 8:42 pm and it stays in Libra until October 17, 2017.  Mercury in Libra is all about charm and diplomacy accompanied by bouts of indecisiveness. We are all familiar with the stereotype of Libra saying “What do you think?”  I have a Libra ascendant, and I confess that that I am prone to asking 10 people what they think before I make a major decision.  The tone of communications is about to change drastically.  We can find it possible to be more rational (don’t forget that Libra scales of justice symbol), but we want to please people and compromise may be much easier in relationships than it has been in recent weeks.  And Mercury in Libra will feature prominently in the upcoming full moon in Aries on October 5, 2017.

But we also have a pretty major aspect occurring on October 1, 2017.  Mars in 16 degrees of Virgo will be forming an exact trine to newly direct Pluto in 16 degrees of Capricorn.  This is a good thing to be sure.  These two heavy hitters, the co-rulers of the sign Scorpio, are playing nice together.  The beauty of this aspect is that you can be assertive and direct while still maintaining harmony.  Mars and Pluto working together can provide a surge of directed energy to achieve ambitions.  It is a win-win situation, so strike while the iron is hot on this day.

And next week the big news is the full moon in 12 degrees of Aries on October 5, 2017.  This will be a very powerful full moon, due in no small part to the preponderance of planets in cardinal signs.  Obviously, the sun and moon are in cardinal signs (Libra and Aries), but we also have Mercury in Libra, Jupiter in Libra, Uranus in Aries and Pluto in Capricorn.  Cardinal signs are all about action, setting intention and getting moving things moving.  They are the movers and shakers of the zodiac.

Both the sun and moon will be squaring Pluto in 16 degrees of Capricorn, so this full moon will carry a strong relationship theme.  It will challenge how you handle power—do you give your power away or do you control others?  Compromise is another theme of this full moon as it literally symbolizes the Aries moon (me) vs. the Libra sun (we) dichotomy. The fact that Venus and Mars are conjunct in 19 degrees of Virgo and trining Pluto in 16 degrees of Capricorn on the day of the full moon adds to the relationship mix.  Venus and Mars in Virgo are also squaring Saturn in 22 degrees of Sagittarius, which adds more stress to the situation due to negative feelings surfacing.  And Saturn’s presence in this full moon will ensure that we don’t neglect our responsibilities in relationships. 

Full moons are also about revealing secrets and with Pluto in Capricorn being aspected so heavily I wouldn’t be surprised if some government secrets were let out of the political bag so to speak.  A full moon squaring Pluto can bring out compulsive and destructive behavior that leads to power struggles.

The plot really thickens with Mercury in Libra during this full moon.  Mercury will be in 9 degrees of Libra conjunct the sun in 12 degrees of Libra.  Naturally this means that the full moon in Aries is opposing Mercury in Libra and this can result in arguments or misunderstandings (let’s just be grateful that Mercury is direct) as we seek to communicate our feelings.

I don’t know about any of you, but I have been immensely enjoying the last days of Jupiter transiting Libra and the Jupiter/Uranus opposition.  Of course, I have a natal Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Cancer, so I am attuned to its energy.  Jupiter enters Scorpio on October 10, 2017.  More on that next week.  For the past week, transiting Jupiter has been conjunct my natal Neptune in Libra in my first house and I have been experiencing an incredibly expansive spiritual time.  My dreams have been intense and vivid, conjuring up people from my past.  I am hoping that this is for the purpose of healing on a deeper level.  It is also fueling my work as a healer and empowering me with more compassion for others. 

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary aspects are affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. Especially with 2017 being a Universal Year 1, this is a marvelous time to navigate a new direction in your life that will fulfill you and your soul’s purpose. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


Additionally, I launched an endeavor that will deliver my services to you at an affordable cost in the form of package deals.  I am offering four options: Silver, Gold, Platinum and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights





No comments:

Post a Comment