name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Venus and the Sun in Aquarius and Mercury Conjuncts Pluto in Capricorn

Follow Me

Friday, January 19, 2018

Venus and the Sun in Aquarius and Mercury Conjuncts Pluto in Capricorn



After an emotionally intense new moon in Capricorn on January 16, 2018, the Capricorn party is starting to disband.  We had the sun, moon, Saturn, Mercury, Venus and Pluto in Capricorn on the day of the new moon. Saturn and Pluto will remain in Capricorn for a few years and Mercury is still in Capricorn until January 31st, but Venus left Capricorn and entered Aquarius on January 17th, inspiring me to tweet:
Venus will remain in the sign of Aquarius until February 10, 2018.  Venus in Aquarius is a whole different animal from Venus in Capricorn.  Venus is Capricorn is known for its stability, loyalty, dependability and solid foundation in relationships.  But it can also feel a bit boring and routine at times with its propensity for conventionality.  Enter Venus in Aquarius.  Venus in Aquarius is bubbly, amiable, curious and loves to think outside of the box.  It is definitely willing to venture out of its comfort zone.  The traits that describe Venus in Aquarius include a need for independence, unconventionality and freedom of expression.  Friendship is very important to Venus in Aquarius.

Venus in Aquarius is also about impersonal love, which is why friendship takes on such an added importance while Venus is transiting this sign.  The biggest challenge that we face while Venus is in Aquarius is to broaden our capacity to experience impersonal love for others without shutting out those closest to us.  It has been frequently said that it is foolish to expect one person to fulfill all of our emotional needs and that is why we need friends.  Many people describe their partner as their best friend, but we all need more than one friend to round us out as an individual.  Use the energy of Venus in Aquarius to open your heart to greater intimacy and authenticity in all of your relationships.  If we can do this, we will really be living the idealistic Venus in Aquarius dream.

The Sun enters the sign of Aquarius on January 19, 2018 through February 18, 2018.  With both Venus and the Sun in Aquarius, there will be a greater openness to new ideas and humanitarian causes that promote personal freedom. 


Aquarius can be a confusing, misunderstood sign.  Its symbol is the water bearer, which leads many people to believe that it is a water sign.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Aquarius is the fixed air sign.  Air signs are all about communication and Aquarius is fixed and determined with a tendency towards stubbornness, but it is ruled by Uranus and that gives it an edge when it comes to being open to new ideas.  It also has the ability to detach and see the bigger picture.

The sun in Aquarius is the time of year when we experience a major shift from the conventionality of the sun in Capricorn to a quest for innovation.  We are more open to new perspectives and individual freedom becomes more important as we strive to liberate ourselves from restrictions, inhibitions and limitations. 

I have my natal Mars in Aquarius, which is pretty challenging for a Scorpio, especially when it squares my sun.  So Venus will conjunct my natal Mars on January 30, 2018, which could have some delightful effects in terms of stimulating my desire for intimacy, socializing and creative abilities.  The sun will conjunct my natal Mars on February 3, 2018, which should feel like an adrenaline boost of energy and fuel my creativity and assertiveness.

There is one other major astrological aspect in the coming week that I would like to examine.  It is the conjunction of Mercury and Pluto in 19 degrees of Capricorn on January 24, 2018.  This particular alignment of Mercury and Pluto lends a depth and intensity to thinking and communication.  It is very favorable for research and can also be characteristic of an obsessive need to get to the bottom of things.  The deepest matters in our unconscious tend to surface when these two planets are in Capricorn. Pluto’s domain is power and control as well as matters of life and death and its conjunction to Mercury can provide powerful transformation in our thinking and speaking.

I also have a very vested interest in the Mercury/Pluto conjunction on January 24th.  I am having cataract surgery on that day and this conjunction falls in my 4th house conjunct my natal Chiron in Capricorn. I am grateful that it is sextiling Jupiter in 20 degrees of Scorpio, which is also conjunct my natal sun.  I am hoping for the best possible outcome, as in clearer vision and a complication free recovery, but I also know that I have no control over how this will play out.  Even my surgeon can’t predict the outcome.  I have been given all of the standard warnings about potential side effects and have been experiencing bouts of anxiety this past week.  I hope to be able to share good news with you next week in this blog.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn in Capricorn and Jupiter in Scorpio will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


In the spirit of the New Year, I have revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights


.




No comments:

Post a Comment