name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Mercury Zips Through Capricorn and a Powerful New Moon in Capricorn

Follow Me

Friday, January 12, 2018

Mercury Zips Through Capricorn and a Powerful New Moon in Capricorn



The season of Capricorn is in full bloom these days.  On January 9, 2018 the powerhouse combo of the Sun, Venus and Pluto in Capricorn inspired me to tweet:
After an extended stay in the sign of Sagittarius (courtesy of Mercury retrograde), Mercury entered the sign of Capricorn on January 11th, inspiring me to tweet:

Mercury will literally be zipping through the sign of Capricorn and will enter the sign of Aquarius on January 31, 2018, the same day as the lunar eclipse in Leo which kicks off eclipse season for 2018.  What can we expect when Mercury is transiting the sign of Capricorn?  Well, communications will become more serious, thinking is more practical and logical and our focus takes on a more sober approach.  Logic, order and organization will be the new reality.  Indeed, realism will be a strong theme during this brief transit. If you have set any New Year’s Resolutions, this is a perfect time to work on them because the energy of Mercury in Capricorn is very conducive to setting goals. And we have the added bonus of all the planets being in direct motion, so there is a super cosmic green light for moving forward.  Full steam ahead!

On January 16, 2018, we have the first new moon of 2018 in 27 degrees of Capricorn.  There are six planets in Capricorn on this date:  the sun, moon, Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Pluto.  Capricorn is a cardinal sign and is very action oriented and new moons are all about setting new intentions.  Motivation is a key factor in this new moon.  Capricorn is the sign that pertains to governments, corporations, law and order and power.  This is a heady mix.

The most challenging piece of this new moon is its square to Uranus in 24 degrees of Aries.  Aries is another cardinal sign and it too loves action and change.  The new moon in Capricorn squaring Uranus in Aries can definitely bring unexpected change and uncertainty.  Uranus wants freedom, but there is also the potential for spiritual awakening.  The key to handling this aspect is to surrender our need to control the outcome, which I realize is much easier said than done. Before the new moon is exact, the Capricorn moon also conjuncts Pluto in 19 degrees of Capricorn, so we could literally be waking up with feeling a need to control. But there is a plethora of positive aspects that accompanies this new moon which may help offset any disturbances instigated by the Uranus square.

The new moon in 27 degrees of Capricorn forms an exact conjunction to Venus in 27 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect augurs well for love, finances, beauty and values.  This is a very sweet aspect.  Some of us may even be able to negotiate some profitable business deals under this influence or smooth out some rough patches in relationships.

Mars in 24 degrees of Scorpio is also forming a conjunction to Jupiter in 19 degrees in Scorpio and this aspect is providing energy, initiative, courage and self-confidence.  And Mars in Scorpio is forming a supportive sextile to that new moon in 27 degrees of Capricorn.  What an adrenaline boost to pursue our goals!  Jupiter in 19 degrees of Scorpio is forming yet another supportive sextile to Pluto in 19 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect is indicates that our material goals need to be fueled by our passions, which should be running quite high during this new moon energy.

All of the cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) will be feeling the effects of this new moon very strongly. So if you have any planets in the late degrees of a cardinal sign that means you.  This new moon is not just affecting sun signs.  For me personally, it is falling in my 4th house conjunct my natal Chiron in Capricorn and opposing my Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Cancer in my 10th house.  It is literally in direct opposition to my retrograde Uranus in Cancer.  I am trying not to get too freaked out by how this will play out, because I fully realize that Uranus is literally the wild card in this new moon and my natal Uranus is being strongly activated by it.  More will be revealed…

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn in Capricorn and Jupiter in Scorpio will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.
For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


 In the spirit of the New Year, I have revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights


.





No comments:

Post a Comment