name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Karmic Full Moon in Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, April 27, 2018

A Karmic Full Moon in Scorpio


The month of April is going out with a bang, courtesy of a powerful full moon in Scorpio on April 29, 2018 in 9 degrees of Scorpio.  This full moon is also sometimes referred to as the Buddha moon because Buddha was born on a full moon in the month of May.

I confess that being a Scorpio, it is not exactly one of my favorite full moons.  Scorpio by its very nature is highly emotional; that old phrase “still waters run deep” was probably inspired by a Scorpio, which is a water sign.  This is one full moon that really tends to push my buttons and I tend to start feeling its effects a few days prior to the actual full moon. The Scorpio moon also triggers feelings of distrust and judgmentalism could be rampant. I also think that this full moon has a great deal of significance because on many levels it should be marking some cycle of completion due to the fact that it squares the lunar eclipse of January 31, 2018 in 11 degrees of Leo.  Think back to what was going on in your life three months ago and reflect on what has changed since then.

Why do I describe this particular full moon as karmic?  The answer to that question is the nodes of the moon.  Both the sun in Taurus and the moon in Scorpio are forming challenging square aspects to the nodes of the moon.  The north node is in 10 degrees of Leo and the south node is in 10 degrees of Aquarius.  The north node of the moon represents our soul’s evolutionary path while the south node pertains to our past and the accompanying emotional traits.  The north node is literally stretching out of our comfort zone, while the south node is frequently referred to as the “path of least resistance” because it represents our default mode.  A full moon that squares the nodes of the moon challenges us to take a leap on our spiritual path and make some important decisions that will change our lives.  This can be a very enlightening time in our lives if we allow ourselves to take the high road of the north node in Leo by adopting a more playful approach to our problems and incorporating a more detached attitude, which is one of the more positive Aquarian traits.

Saturn in 9 degrees of Capricorn also features prominently in this full moon.  I know, Saturn is retrograde and Saturn has been dealing us some pretty heavy aspects lately, especially the recent square from Mercury in Aries on April 25th, which inspired me to tweet:
But on this full moon, Saturn in Capricorn is actually our friend.  The full moon in Scorpio forms a supportive sextile to Saturn in Capricorn, which can manifest in a host of delightful ways.  It can lend a note of stability because there are strong themes of steadiness, determination and the potential for success if we carry out our responsibilities with care and patience. It can also make us feel more protective and supportive of our partner and/or family.  This full moon can actually be an optimal time to share deeper emotions.  The sun in Taurus is also trining Saturn in Capricorn, which can help us act on making positive emotional changes and releasing old structures and habits that no longer serve our best interests.

I am definitely taking this full moon in Scorpio seriously because it is conjunct my natal Saturn in Scorpio and is also making favorable aspects to my nodes.  It is sextiling my north node in Capricorn in my third house, which transiting Saturn is conjunct these days and it is trining my south node in Cancer in my ninth house.  So I can’t seem to keep quiet about it, with all that emphasis on communication and educating people about astrology.  Obviously, I am such a firm believer in the power of astrology as a tool to transform and heal that I feel compelled to share it with the world. The only major area for concern for me personally with this full moon is that it squares my natal Mars in Aquarius in my 4th house.  Hopefully it will just serve as a motivational factor and not cause me to have some major emotional explosions. 

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn retrograde, Jupiter in Scorpio and Chiron in Aries will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights 






No comments:

Post a Comment