name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn Get Busy in April

Follow Me

Friday, April 6, 2018

Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn Get Busy in April




Saturn and Pluto are both in the sign of Capricorn, but they are nowhere near being conjunct.   That astrological event occurs on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn, but both planets have been very active this past week and will continue to aspect several other planets for a while.  I don’t exactly know why I started thinking so much about the Saturn Pluto conjunction when it is so far off, but I found myself reflecting on the last Saturn Pluto conjunction, which occurred on November 7, 1982 in 27 degrees of Libra.  It conjuncted my natal Neptune in Libra in my first house and was actually a boon for my work as a psychic, but it also played out as a time of recession in the world arena. Saturn and Pluto can definitely affect the financial climate, even if they aren't in the sign of Capricorn.  I also started pondering how the upcoming Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn would manifest.  The next Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn will be conjunct my natal Chiron in my fourth house and I confess that one has me a little nervous.  Pluto entered my fourth house in late January 2018 and it was not the smoothest entrance for this transit.

The year 2020 will see another presidential election and many believe that our government will undergo massive changes in that year.  There will be a great deal of Capricorn energy in play astrologically that year.  On April 5, 2020 Jupiter and Pluto will be conjunct in 24 degrees of Capricorn as well.

The themes of these two planets are pretty intense.  Pluto is all about death, power, transformation and it likes to slough off the old stuff and renew itself.  And then there is Saturn, aka the Great Taskmaster, which pertains to structure, discipline, responsibility, practicality and testing.  These two planets are hardly lightweights and when they interact with other planets it can be a heavy, intense time.

On April 2, 2018, Mars and Saturn were conjunct in 8 degrees of Capricorn, inspiring me to tweet:
But this aspect was conjunct my north node in my third house, so I suppose that explains why I am so obsessed and preoccupied with Capricorn energy these days.  I am definitely under the influence of Saturn these days.

On April 5, 2018, retrograde Mercury in 9 degrees of Aries squared Saturn in 9 degrees of Capricorn, which exacerbated the tendency towards angry and depressing communications.  I specifically mentioned the retrograde Mercury because I tweeted about it on April 4th when in reality it wasn’t exact until 4:22 a.m. on April 5th.  I have been experiencing my fair share of Mercury retrograde woes, including transit problems and missed connections with other people.

We do have a ray of light coming with Saturn in Capricorn, however.  On April 7th, Venus in 8 degrees of Taurus will trine Saturn in 9 degrees of Capricorn.  This should bring some measure of harmony to love and finances if we are willing to make an effort to dig deep to resolve issues and act in a more nurturing manner.

On April 8, 2018, the moon will conjunct Pluto in 21 degrees of Capricorn.  This is definitely not going to be an easygoing, flowing conjunction.  Be prepared for some deep rooted emotions and compulsive behavior to surface.

The Sun in 21 degrees of Aries will form a very challenging square to Pluto in 21 degrees of Capricorn on April 11, 2018. I have this aspect natally with my Scorpio sun squaring my Pluto in Leo so I know all too well how tough this aspect can be.  It provides a great deal of inner tension and is literally a struggle between the sun’s will to move forward and the Plutonian need to engage in negative, self-destructive behavior.  Issues of control and ego conflicts can be major factors with this aspect as well.  But there is tremendous power and strength with this aspect that can be harnessed and channeled into constructive and healing purposes if we are willing to confront our fears and our dark side in order to transform our own behavior.  Perhaps we will need to acknowledge that we are drawing upsetting situations into our lives because of our fears but we also need to honor the resilience we possess to overcome the obstacles in our path to move forward and be free of some of those compulsions of that darker side that we all have.  The promise of renewal and rebirth lie at the end of this tunnel process.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn in Capricorn, and Jupiter in Scorpio will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.
For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights





No comments:

Post a Comment