name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Powerful New Moon in Aries and Mercury Goes Direct

Follow Me

Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Powerful New Moon in Aries and Mercury Goes Direct



Save the day of April 15, 2018 because we have two very major astrological events going down on that day.  Mercury stations direct in 4 degrees of Aries at 5:21 a.m. after a long, particularly grueling Mercury retrograde that officially began on March 22, 2018 when it stationed retrograde in 16 degrees of Aries. Of course, for those of us who believe in the shadow theory, Mercury began its trek into the retrograde shadow on March 9, 2018 and won’t totally clear it until May 3, 2018.  But at least April 15th marks the day when we can start to see some forward movement in communications.  I don’t think that I am exaggerating when I say there will be a collective sigh of relief heard around the world when Mercury starts moving forward again.  I personally have experienced a great deal of frustration during this Mercury retrograde and I have been hearing similar tales of woe from friends and clients.  Enough said.

The second major astrological event of April 15th is a powerful new moon in 26 degrees of Aries that occurs at 9:57 p.m.  In many ways, this is literally the first new moon of the astrological New Year because it is in Aries, the first sign of the zodiac.  Aries loves to be first and take risks, which is a major theme of this new moon.  New moons are all about starting new things and a new moon in Aries signifies a time to create the changes in our lives that are sorely needed.  Aries is also ruled by Mars, which will give us the courage to make those changes and take some risks. It is a time to be assertive without being abrasive, which is not an easy feat to accomplish.

But this new moon in Aries is particularly powerful because it forms a challenging square to its ruling planet Mars in Capricorn.  This can play out in an assortment of bad behaviors: we can become defensive, argumentative, feisty, testy and throw tantrums and fits of rage if we are not mindful.

And this new moon is also squaring Pluto in Capricorn, which gives it an added punch.  Power struggles may arise and we may find ourselves dealing with obsessive and compulsive behavior in our relationships.  But this is not the first time this past week that Pluto has been under fire.  On April 11th, there was an exact square from the sun in Aries, inspiring me to tweet:
The Aries energy doesn’t stop with the aspects to Mars and Pluto in Capricorn.  On April 16th at 1:59 a.m., the Aries moon conjuncts Aries.  This is still technically a part of the new moon effect because obviously some parts of the world (including the west coast of the United States) will be feeling this energy on April 15th.  This is a lot of Aries energy: the sun, moon and Uranus all hanging tight together.  All I can say is that anything can happen with this kind of vibe.  Unexpected events and upheavals could be the way this new moon plays out, especially in the world arena.  Let’s hope it does not involve any acts of aggression that could involve violence on a large scale.

The degree of the new moon, 26 degrees, has me a little apprehensive because it forms exact aspects with a couple of my natal planets.  It does trine my Pluto in Leo in my 11th house, but even trines to Pluto can be tricky and dig up a lot of painful stuff regarding power issues.  Its opposition to my Neptune in Libra in my first house makes me wonder if I will be further adrift in a Neptunian fog or if I will be able to channel that energy into my work.  I have a pretty full schedule of Reiki clients on that day, so I am hoping to use that energy productively.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including eclipses, Saturn in Capricorn, and Jupiter in Scorpio will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. There is something for everyone.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3rd edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights





No comments:

Post a Comment