name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Transformation Continues as the Sun Enters Scorpio and a Full Moon in Taurus

Follow Me

Friday, October 19, 2018

Transformation Continues as the Sun Enters Scorpio and a Full Moon in Taurus



.
The transformation train shows no sign of slowing down any time soon.  Pluto in Capricorn has been taking some heavy hits lately, especially with its recent square from the sun in Libra on October 12, 2018 and the Capricorn moon conjuncting it and squaring the Libra sun on October 16, 2018. That kind of energy screams transformation and evokes the intensity of Scorpio.  On October 12, 2018, I tweeted:

And on October 16, 2018, I tweeted:
But on October 23, 2018 the sun enters Scorpio, joining Mercury, retrograde Venus and Jupiter in Scorpio.  Mercury and Venus leave Scorpio on October 31, 2018 and Jupiter enters Sagittarius on November 8, 2018.  Venus will return to Scorpio on December 2, 2018.

As a Scorpio, I tend to love the transit of the sun in Scorpio because it is my birthday season and birthdays always tend to infuse us with a boost of energy. Scorpio is not a sign for lightweights, though. When the sun is in Scorpio, we tend to experience depth, intimacy and extremes of feeling.  We desire (a key word for Scorpio) getting to the bottom of matters and crave anything that is hidden, taboo or secret.  The vibe is passionate and intense.  Scorpio energy is strong-willed because it is fixed water but it can be incredibly healing and transformative.  But watch out for a tendency to be jealous, obsessive, vindictive and manipulative when the sun is in Scorpio (until November 22, 2018, which is Thanksgiving in the United States).  That is the dark, shadow side of Scorpio.

On the following day, October 24, 2018, we have a powerhouse full moon in 1 degree of Taurus.  This full moon is bound to affect relationships because it is ruled by Venus and the sun conjuncts retrograde Venus in Scorpio while the moon opposes it.  The real heavy hitter in this full moon is retrograde Uranus in 0 degrees of Taurus.  The full moon is conjunct Uranus while the sun and Venus in Scorpio oppose it.  This could also play out in feelings of isolation and detachment in our relationships.   A full moon conjunct Uranus tends to manifest in feelings of rebelliousness and very disruptive energy. Surprises and changes could definitely be coming in relationships, finances and values.  Impulsive reactions and sudden events are key themes with this full moon.

There is a tremendous amount of fixed energy present with this full moon in Taurus.  We have seven planets in fixed signs: the sun, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter in Scorpio, Mars in Aquarius and the moon and Uranus in Taurus. This creates a planetary configuration called a Fixed Grand Cross with all of these oppositions and squares. Stubbornness is a given but the fixed energy does give us the determination and tenacity to achieve our goals. It reinforces the T-square of Uranus in Taurus to the north node in Leo and the south node in Aquarius.  The full moon squares the south node in Aquarius, forcing us to move on from detachment and rebellion to the future of the north node in Leo, which entails finding what makes you proud.  And the nodes will be changing signs on November 7, 2018 into Cancer and Capricorn. So this really is our last shot at letting go of what no longer serves us before the first week in November when retrograde Uranus re-enters Aries, Jupiter enters Sagittarius and the north node enters Cancer while the south node enters Capricorn.

Retrograde Venus in Scorpio opposing retrograde Uranus in Taurus will trigger issues of control versus independence in relationships.  It could get messy and complicated.  Uranus in Taurus is known for its association with extreme weather and earth events. When Uranus entered Taurus in mid-May, a volcano erupted in Hawaii.  I hope that we don’t have any more catastrophes during this full moon, but it wouldn’t surprise me if something happened.   Uranus does re-enter Aries on November 6, 2018 (Election Day in the United States) until March 6, 2019, when it resumes its transit in Taurus until 2026.

I know that this full moon sounds like it is a tale of gloom and doom, but we do have some positive aspects going for us once we get past the Uranus factor.  I am definitely in the crossfire with my Mercury in 0 degrees of Scorpio taking a major hit.  But I have been undergoing the transit of Uranus opposing my natal Mercury for some time now.

The good news with this full moon is that Saturn in 4 degrees of Capricorn is forming a flowing, beneficial trine to the Taurus moon can help turn those unexpected changes that Uranus brings into unexpected opportunities and guide us into reassurance with all of this relationship uncertainty.  It is a mitigating factor for the upheaval that Uranus in Taurus delivers. And it can give us the patience and emotional strength to handle difficulties in our relationships.  For once, Saturn is not playing the bad guy by lending a note of stability to all of this upheaval.

Venus in Scorpio is forming a supportive sextile to Saturn in Capricorn, which gives Saturn more help in mitigating any damage caused by the impulsive and Uranus in Taurus.  That is nothing to laugh at either.  We also have Mercury and Jupiter conjunct in Scorpio which favors thinking big and fosters the ability to see the big picture and brighter horizons.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot and we only have another couple of weeks of Jupiter in Scorpio. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone.

And don’t forget about my Venus Retrograde Special.
My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.













No comments:

Post a Comment