name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Relationships Are Emphasized with a New Moon in Libra and Mercury Entering Scorpio

Follow Me

Friday, October 5, 2018

Relationships Are Emphasized with a New Moon in Libra and Mercury Entering Scorpio



Big changes are on the horizon for relationships.  After several months of enduring months of planets retrograde, we caught a break on September 30, 2018 when Pluto stationed direct in 18 degrees of Capricorn.  On that day I tweeted:
This means that the only outer planets that are retrograde now are Uranus in Taurus and Neptune in Pisces.  Of course, Venus is stationing retrograde in 10 degrees of Scorpio on October 5, 2018 until November 16, 2018, which I covered in last week’s blog post.

But relationships are definitely set for some major changes this week.  On October 8, 2018, we have a new moon in 15 degrees of Libra.  We all know the theory about new moons being a perfect time to initiate changes, but when that new moon is squaring the newly direct Pluto in 18 degrees of Capricorn, transformation and change are inevitable.  We also have five planets in cardinal signs on the day of the new moon: the sun in Libra, the moon in Libra, Mercury in Libra, Saturn in Capricorn and Pluto in Capricorn.  The cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) are literally the movers and shakers in the astrological universe.

The sun and moon in the relationship oriented sign of Libra squaring Pluto in Capricorn brings themes of intensity, power plays, control, manipulation and jealousy.  And to cap off that intensity, Venus is retrograde in Scorpio, the sign ruled by Pluto.  Venus in Scorpio is also squaring Mars in Aquarius and opposing Uranus in Taurus, which can emphasize the polarity between control and possessiveness vs. independence and freedom.

We are catching a couple more breaks astrologically with this new moon, however.  The Mars in Aquarius/Uranus in Taurus square which has been active since mid-May 2018 is finally separating.  Hopefully this will tame or at least reduce some of the extreme earth events (volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, etc.,) that have characterized Uranus in Taurus.  And Venus in Scorpio is sweetly trining Neptune in Pisces, which should provide a softer and more creative vibe as we can hope to attain more of an internal feeling of oneness, especially with both planets being retrograde. 

Uranus in Taurus will be squaring the nodes of the moon in Leo (north node) and Aquarius (south node) through the rest of 2018, despite Uranus dipping back into Aries in November 2018.  The nodes will be moving into Cancer and Capricorn in early November but will face the same Uranus transit due to Uranus in Aries. The north node represents our collective destiny and with Uranus squaring it, we can expect some technological innovations.  But we must also be prepared for sudden shocks, surprises and strange political events.  If you have any planets in 0-3 degrees of the fixed signs of Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio, you will feel this effect big time.  My natal Mercury is in 0 degrees of Scorpio, so I have also been experiencing an opposition transit.

Communication in relationships will get a lot more serious on October 9, 2018 when Mercury enters Scorpio until October 31, 2018.  Mercury in Scorpio will shine a light on the darkest parts of ourselves.  It brings more awareness of our fears and desires but also uncovers our inner skeptic and places more of an emphasis on negative thinking as we become more suspicious and obsessive. Communications will undoubtedly get a lot more probing and intense.  I can certainly attest to this truth with my natal Mercury in Scorpio.

The new moon in Libra and Mercury in Scorpio are also playing out against the backdrop of Venus retrograde in Scorpio.  Venus retrograde is a time to reflect on relationships and indulge in a little bit of self-love.  But I do caution against getting married or investing in major cosmetic surgery during Venus retrograde.  If the Venus retrograde is occurring in your 1st, 5th, 7th, or 11th house, you will experience some deep reflections and insights in your relationships, even if it is not romantic relationships.  Don’t forget that the 11th house pertains to friendships, and many people have been undergoing big changes in their friendships lately. 

This Venus retrograde period, which starts at 10 degrees of Scorpio and ends at 25 degrees of Libra on November 16, 2018, is a repeat of the Venus Retrograde that occurred in October 2010.  You might find it helpful to reflect on what issues were prevalent in your life back then. I am also offering my Venus Retrograde Special again through mid-November 2018 for $25 if you are interested to see how it is impacting you.  Just email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to request it.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot and we only have another few weeks of Jupiter in Scorpio. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:



A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.
If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment