name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: Transformation Take a Step Forward as Pluto Stations Direct and Love Steps Back as Venus Stations Retrograde

Follow Me

Friday, September 28, 2018

Transformation Take a Step Forward as Pluto Stations Direct and Love Steps Back as Venus Stations Retrograde



The effects of the powerful full moon in Aries on September 24, 2018 are still reverberating with us, but there is more planetary action to come during the next week.  This was a particularly intense full moon featuring a conjunction to Chiron, inspiring me to tweet on that day:
But Pluto is getting in on the astrological act to finish up the month of September with a bang.  On September 30, 2018, it stations direct in 18 degrees of Capricorn.  Pluto has been retrograde since its station in 21 degrees of Capricorn on April 22, 2018.  We all know that when a planet changes direction its influence and power are heightened.  Pluto digs deep and reveals what’s been hidden.  I think it’s a pretty safe bet to say that a lot of hidden facts have been revealed in the past five months.  Pluto in Capricorn is all about exposing decay in the foundations of governments and institutions.  And let’s not forget about all of those power and control issues that most of us have been struggling individually since April. Anyone who has planets in 18-21 degrees of the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn can undoubtedly attest to the veracity of this theme. It’s been challenging, to say the least. Pluto in Capricorn stationed retrograde in my 4th house back in April and slipped back into my third house in late July while opposing my midheaven in 19 degrees of Cancer, so I have definitely been feeling its influence.  Pluto entered my 4th house in late January and it was not a particularly pleasant transit, but I am trying to have faith that when it returns in early December 2018, I won’t feel quite so powerless about my inability to control whatever situations crop up.

Hopefully, we have been able to obtain some insight into our control issues and when Pluto stations direct we will have an opportunity to act forcefully and mindfully upon the circumstances that have been holding us back from transforming our lives.  We should have the ability to discern the difference between what we can change and control and what we need to let go.  In my opinion, the Serenity Prayer really encapsulates the theme of Pluto stationing direct and the path of transformation:

“God, grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot CHANGE, the COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference.”

While the Pluto ruled transformation train is moving forward, relationships and our values will be taking a step back to reevaluate when Venus stations retrograde in 10 degrees of Scorpio on October 5, 2018.  Venus re-enters Libra on October 31, 2018 (a Halloween treat) and stations direct in 25 degrees of Libra on November 16, 2018. Venus will be in Scorpio until January 7, 2019.

Venus is definitely NOT comfortable in the sign of Scorpio because, along with Aries, it is considered to be in detriment.  That is because Venus rules Taurus and Libra, so when it is in the opposite signs, it is not a happy camper.  Venus is exalted in Pisces, so when Venus is in Virgo, it is in fall, or weaker.  I have Venus in Scorpio natally and it is retrograde to boot, so this should be an interesting time for me, to say the least.

Venus retrograde in Scorpio is also forming a challenging square to Mars in Aquarius, so there will be an increase in sexual tension that can lead to outbursts of anger, impulsiveness and lack of self-control.  When Venus is retrograde it is more difficult to give and receive love and affection.  Venus retrograde also denotes a period when our love life takes on a more fated quality.  Don’t be surprised if old friends and lovers pop out of the woodwork to help us sort out our karmic issues.  While it is possible to meet someone who could be your soulmate during Venus retrograde, it’s best not to make major commitments while Venus is retrograde.  Wait until Venus is direct.  I don’t advise anyone to marry under Venus retrograde.  Jennifer Aniston married Justin Theroux when Venus was retrograde in Leo during August 2015.  I wonder if the marriage could have lasted if they had waited until Venus was in Libra in November 2015.

Venus also rules money and values, so please be careful about investments and major luxury purchases. It’s clearly not the best time to be spending huge amounts of money on items that we may regret when the dust clears and Venus is direct. You don’t want a major case of buyer’s remorse in November.

We do have one particularly sweet aspect with Venus retrograde.  When Venus stations retrograde in 10 degrees of Pisces, it will be favorably trining Neptune in 14 degrees of Pisces.  This aspect has a dreamy, relaxing and romantic vibe which can help mitigate whatever damage the impulsiveness of Venus in Scorpio squaring Mars in Aquarius brings to the table.  And Venus trining Neptune in Pisces oozes compassion and is a boon for creativity.  Hold onto that thought.

If you are curious as to how all of the planetary changes, including this summer’s eclipses, Jupiter in Scorpio, Chiron in Aries and Uranus in Taurus will be affecting you in 2018, please consider getting an astrological reading.  A transit reading might be just what you need right now to make the most of Jupiter in Scorpio.  Jupiter transits are all about taking advantage of opportunities and if you snooze you lose with Jupiter.  You have to be aware and strike while the iron is hot and we only have another few weeks of Jupiter in Scorpio. The Services Offered page of my site describes the menu of services that I offer. I even offer the option of tarot readings. There is something for everyone. 

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.

But the big news is that I have created and launched a new website devoted exclusively to my Reiki practice. Please feel free to check it out at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:


I have also revised my package deals and I am now offering two options for package deals: Silver and a Tarot special for my tarot clients. Please check it out at:


Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.








No comments:

Post a Comment