name='keywords'/> Dance of the Phoenix: A Lunar Eclipse in Cancer, the Saturn Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn and Venus in Pisces

Follow Me

Friday, January 10, 2020

A Lunar Eclipse in Cancer, the Saturn Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn and Venus in Pisces




In the 1960’s there was a TV show called That Was the Week That Was.  Somehow I believe that the astrological community will call upon those words in reference to the coming week to describe the energy of 2020.  For starters, we have a lunar eclipse in 20 degrees of Cancer on January 10, 2020.  Uranus also stations direct in 2 degrees of Taurus that day, there is the Saturn Pluto conjunction in 22 degrees of Capricorn on January 12, 2020 and Venus enters Pisces on January 13, 2020.

Let’s start with the lunar eclipse in 20 degrees of Cancer on January 10, 2020. We all know that lunar eclipses are like full moons on steroids and this one is no exception, especially with it falling in the moon’s home sign of Cancer.  Lunar eclipses are also a time of closure, completion, and feelings coming to a head.  A lunar eclipse in the sign of Cancer is an extremely emotional time and emotional security is paramount to us at this time.  I can tell you from personal experience and from the perspective of my clients that this has been a really volatile week emotionally. With the Cancer moon opposing the sun, Mercury, Pluto, Saturn and Ceres in Capricorn, there is a strong theme of letting go.  The moon’s opposition to Saturn in Capricorn can feel particularly oppressive because it brings feelings of loneliness, sadness and boredom.  And the opposition to Pluto in Capricorn also contributes to tension in relationships as power dynamics come up, along with conflicts and arguments.

The lunar eclipse in Cancer falls in my 10th house and is conjunct my midheaven, squaring my Libra ascendant, conjunct my retrograde Uranus in Cancer, opposing my Chiron in Capricorn in my 4th house and also squaring my Neptune and Juno in Libra in my 1st house.  It would be an understatement to say that this has been one tension filled week.  But I will admit that it has been good for business.

Mercury in Capricorn is conjunct the sun and opposing the moon in Cancer, so there will be a focus on communication during this eclipse, but we need to be mindful to do so with openness, honesty, love and compassion.  Jupiter in 8 degrees of Capricorn is also conjunct the south node in Capricorn on the day of the eclipse.  Jupiter loves to expand and its conjunction to the south node in Capricorn will magnify the way that decisions are made from authoritarian points of view that are simply not cutting it anymore.  We cannot continue with attitudes of dominance and arrogance, and I think that world events in the past week bear that out.

Uranus is also stationing direct in 2 degrees of Taurus on January 10, 2020.  Whenever a planet stations retrograde or direct, its power is intensified.  This can be a time of great awakening, but there is a very sudden and disruptive side of Uranus.  With Uranus in Taurus, we will probably continue to experience more environmental crises, as indicated by the fires in Australia and the recent earthquake in Puerto Rico.

But there is a redeeming factor, a saving grace to this eclipse.  Neptune in 16 degrees of Pisces is trining the moon in 20 degrees of Cancer and sextiling that posse of planets in Capricorn.  This is the saving grace aspect of the lunar eclipse and it can serve as a release valve for tensions as it increases our sensitivity and compassion for others.  Don’t waste this energy.

On January 12, 2020 Saturn and Pluto will be conjunct in 22 degrees of Capricorn.  This aspect has been building since January 2019 and its effects will probably remain with us until December 2020 when Saturn enters the sign of Aquarius.  The last time Saturn and Pluto were conjunct was on November 7, 1982 in 28 degrees of Libra.  Saturn is all about structure and preserving security, order and tradition, while Pluto is intent on destroying and transforming what is beneath the surface, so they are not exactly happy campers together.  Historically, major events seem to transpire when Saturn and Pluto are conjunct. The cycle of these conjunctions is approximately every 33-38 years.  It is frequently said that many people describe Saturn Pluto conjunctions as turning points in their lives and can be described as what life was like before and after the conjunctions.  They tend to have global implications.  For example, there was a Saturn Pluto conjunction in October 1914 in Cancer that correlated with the outbreak of World War 1.  In 2001 Saturn in Gemini was opposing Pluto in Sagittarius and we experienced 9/11, so it is important to remember that Saturn Pluto alignments have far-reaching implications. This Saturn Pluto conjunction will have major implications for governments and business regarding issues of power.

A Saturn Pluto conjunction in Capricorn will bring upheaval in the stock market, government, banking and big business.  With Mercury in Capricorn, the news will be big in these areas. It’s hard to say exactly what will manifest on January 12, 2020, but perhaps many of us will just feel some kind of release of the tension that has been building for the past year. And the Saturn Pluto conjunction will have a major impact on the United States presidential election.  The Saturn Pluto conjunction falls in my 4th house and is conjunct my Chiron in Capricorn and opposing my Cancer midheaven, as well as my Jupiter and Uranus in Cancer, in addition to squaring my Libra ascendant and Neptune and Juno in Libra in my 1st house.  If you are wondering how the Saturn Pluto conjunction will affect you, you can still purchase a Saturn Pluto conjunction reading.

On the following day, January 13, 2020, Venus enters the sign of Pisces until February 7, 2020.  Venus is considered to be exalted in Pisces because forgiveness and compassion abound when Venus is in Pisces. It embraces the concept of unconditional love.  Venus in Pisces brings feelings of warmth and connection while it transcends limitations.  It is also favorable energy for artistic and creative endeavors.  But we do need to be aware of the fact that boundaries can get blurred while Venus is transiting Pisces and the shadow side involves evasiveness and a tendency to be victimized, play the martyr or be conned by others. If we keep this in mind, the Venus in Pisces transit should prove to be a welcome respite from the recent eclipse season and the Saturn Pluto conjunction.

If you are curious as to how all of these planetary changes will be affecting you, please consider getting an astrological reading.  I have recently revised my menu of services and am now offering a Saturn Pluto Conjunction reading for $25 which will offer you some insight and guidance into how this major astrological event that occurs on January 12, 2020 in 22 degrees of Capricorn will impact you.  It can be purchased through my site at:


I have also added a new reading to my menu of services, a Clues to Compatibility reading, which is designed primarily for non-romantic relationships and utilizes synastry to determine your connections with friends, family members and business associates.

I have been doing more work with tarot readings, which I love, so I decided to create a new combination reading which offers the option of a 30 minute astrology consultation with a one question tarot reading for only $50. There is something for everyone and my menu of services can accommodate any budget.

Since I love to talk astrology and believe in making it more available to everyone, I am now offering pay by the minute astrology readings through Click 4Advisor.  Check it out at:



This might be the perfect way for you to get a taste of what astrology can do for you in terms of providing insight into your life during these challenging times.  Obviously the 30 minute readings are the best deal, but you might be surprised by how much you learn in 10 minutes or less from a brief glance at your chart. If I am not available you can always request a callback and I will respond quickly.

My site also offers the opportunity to provide a donation in the amount of your choice to demonstrate your support for my blog and daily astrological insights on Twitter at:


A contribution in any amount is deeply appreciated as gratitude is a daily part of my spiritual practice.

Recently I undertook an intensive life purpose coaching training program and became certified as a Life Purpose Coach.  It was an intense, eye-opening experience that changed my life as it caused me to reflect on the story of my life.  But I left it with feelings of hope and light for the future that I want to share with others.  To that end, I am now offering Life Purpose Coaching to my menu of services.  You can read more about it at:


As an astrologer, I have decided to include an interpretation of the north node by sign. If you are feeling stuck and need some help in getting from Point A to Point B in your quest for making positive changes in your life, please email me at lindasim54@gmail.com to schedule a complementary telephone consultation to discover if you are a good fit for this program.  I look forward to hearing from you.

I am also available for tarot readings in person if you are in the Boston area or by telephone if you are unable to travel to my home in Newton, MA.  I use the Celestial Tarot Deck, which I love because it contains so many astrological symbols.  A tarot reading is another great option for obtaining insight and clarity.

If you are in the Boston area, please consider getting a Reiki treatment at Acupuncture for Everyone in Copley Square to destress, revitalize and remove blockages to healing.  It’s a perfect way to start your weekend off and can also be described as a spa for the soul to boot!   Reiki is the most profound treatment for stress relief because it concentrates on CALMING your body.

For more information on my Reiki services, please see this page on my site:


For my clients who can’t fit Friday into their schedule for a treatment or have difficulty traveling, I have also recently begun doing distance Reiki sessions for them.  I have a conversation with them about what they hope to achieve from a session, we set up a time for the session to take place when they will be in a state to receive healing energy and I follow up with a telephone conversation to discuss their experience and my perception of their blockages.  I have also incorporated a new technique with my distance Reiki treatments since I don’t always have a photo of my client.  I use a teddy bear so that I can scan and focus the healing energy where it is needed. If this appeals to you, please feel free to contact me by email at lindasim54@gmail.com or call me at 617-304-2205.  I am also offering Reiki treatments at my home in Newton, MA on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and in the Coolidge Corner section of Brookline on Sunday afternoons.  Recently I have added online booking for my Sunday clients on my site.  Check it out at:


If you are interested in learning more about how Reiki can benefit you, please feel free to check out my Reiki site at:


I was also featured in the July 3, 2017 edition of Boston Voyager, an online publication that runs a section called Inspiring Stories about local entrepreneurs on its home page.  The Scorpio moon was trining the Cancer sun and Neptune in Pisces on that day, so my story certainly debuted under fitting aspects.  Please feel free to check it out:



Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter for my daily astrological insights.






No comments:

Post a Comment